News anchor taken off air after calling Lady Gaga song "jigaboo music".

Good stuff. She got excited and let her racism out. She wont make the same mistake again.

Good stuff. She got excited and let her racism out. She wont make the same mistake again.
You are the resident Negrologist, tell me, is she a light skinned black or a dark skinned white, or, is it just shitty video quality?

I heard all those pejoratives growing up my dad was from Georgia and his favorite expression for jazz or rock was ****** music..

She's sitting right next to a black dude. Does anyone honestly believe she would have used this term had she known what it meant ?
This is an old racist term, obviously she was unaware. She is a product of the 21st century television, she's well aware her career is totally dependent on the avoidance of old stereotypes, and would have never purposely used the term unless she truly wanted to be in the unemployment line and ostracized permanently from this industry.
Obviously she thought it referred in some way to the hip hop culture.
Give her a break.

She's sitting right next to a black dude. Does anyone honestly believe she would have used this term had she known what it meant ?
This is an old racist term, obviously she was unaware. She is a product of the 21st century television, she's well aware her career is totally dependent on the avoidance of old stereotypes, and would have never purposely used the term unless she truly wanted to be in the unemployment line and ostracized permanently from this industry.
Give her a break.
If she was unaware of it where did she get it from? Being a product of 21rst century television wouldn't you look up the definition of a term before using it? Lady Gaga is not hip hop.

That guy "Lady" Gaga has had a good run at whoring himself out as a diva. His handlers probably cut a deal with that reporter for his/her early retirement if that comment was dropped. What great publicity for that meat-wearing man singer, eh?

Give her a break.
lame excuse...

I think it's a PR stunt. Some guy hacks off his junk, dresses up in meat and parades around like a diva whore and as his popularity is waning, suddenly an anchor comes up with a "highly offensive comment". WHAM the internet is suddenly talking about him again.

Worth mentioning in the interest of simple fairness, if blacks are gonna popularize "******" or "nigga" and other racist terms, you can't be surprised when they start popping up in popular usage. My thought is as obscure as jigaboo is, chances are she heard it from some movie like Spike Lee's "School Daze." If you popularize a word, you can't then raise hell when someone uses it.

Jiggaboo, a really dark skinned black person with strong negroid features (ie. big lips, wide nose, nappy hair)
1. in the spike lee movie "school daze" the light skinned sorority sisters refer to the darker sisters of a different sorority as ugly "jiggaboos"
Urban Dictionary jiggaboo

I agree. No way would I believe she would use the term if she was aware of what the term actually is, like you if it is popularized - it should be expected at some point someone outside of the group will have heard it and use it.

Give her a break.

If she was unaware of it where did she get it from? Being a product of 21rst century television wouldn't you look up the definition of a term before using it? Lady Gaga is not hip hop.

Give her a break.

She probably thought it just meant a style of music.

That guy "Lady" Gaga has had a good run at whoring himself out as a diva. His handlers probably cut a deal with that reporter for his/her early retirement if that comment was dropped. What great publicity for that meat-wearing man singer, eh?
oh no! not the old she's really a he ploy...
speaking of whores, I'd say you are in the top 10 attention whores on this board...

Forum List

Back