News anchor taken off air after calling Lady Gaga song "jigaboo music".

"Lady" Gaga is not a lady. Unless ladies have noticably high pelvic bones; which they don't.

It's a publicity stunt IMHO. Like he doesn't have enough money from being an idiot.

Lady%20Gaga%20Pelvic%20Best_zpspwkhpj5h.jpg

I`d say she grew up and no longer feels a need to act outrageous. Yourself?

A man mutilating his body and play-acting a woman is never an act of maturity. It's a manifestation of insanity.

"Lady" Gaga is not a lady. Unless ladies have noticably high pelvic bones; which they don't.

It's a publicity stunt IMHO. Like he doesn't have enough money from being an idiot.

A man mutilating his body and play-acting a woman is never an act of maturity. It's a manifestation of insanity.
silly wet exposes another one of his masturbation fantasies .....

Is it possible she didn't understand the term's definition and simply used it onomatopoetically?
I have to assume that if she DID know its definition, she probably wouldnt have said it.

Who listens to any music and just so happens to make up a word they have no idea what it means?

Obomatopoetically? You know what this sounds like....Macaca? "Oh I just made it up, just so happens that the word I just made up in my mind has a real and terrible meaning by coincidence lol

Is it possible she didn't understand the term's definition and simply used it onomatopoetically?
I have to assume that if she DID know its definition, she probably wouldnt have said it.

Who listens to any music and just so happens to make up a word they have no idea what it means?

Obomatopoetically? You know what this sounds like....Macaca? "Oh I just made it up, just so happens that the word I just made up in my mind has a real and terrible meaning by coincidence lol
She probably heard someone use the term who was describing some dirty dancing of some sort to some music.
Who knows, but who in their right mind uses a term like this on camera sitting right next to a black cat while knowing their words can mean their paycheck ?
The odds are so against her purposely using a racist term like tnis when there's nothing to gain, and a whole lot to lose.

Spearchucker adn such are obviously racist. Jiggaboo though is really rare and obscure. There's a related word I've heard sung by some Latin salsa sorta dancer on old Bugs Bunny cartoons where she goes "Chikka boo chikka boo" or something like that. So calling Lady Gaga's music jiggaboo thinking it means whatever sort of music she was refering to isn't like beyond the pale or saying it's "nigga music" or something more overtly racist.

From a business pov I can see their decision having logic and merit. From everyone else's though it's much ado about nothing. Lady Gaga's obviously white, calling her a racist anti-black name wouldn't make any sense.

Plus her co-anchor was black. Think she's gonna hurl racist epithets sitting next to a black guy? :)
It wasn't rare where I lived...

th

th

Lol ! I'm so glad that old bag is gone !

She probably heard someone use the term who was describing some dirty dancing of some sort to some music.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA and maybe if she had wheels she'd be a bike...LOL

Who knows, but who in their right mind uses a term like this on camera sitting right next to a black cat while knowing their words can mean their paycheck ?

Humans are infallible

The odds are so against her purposely using a racist term like tnis when there's nothing to gain, and a whole lot to lose.

There is never anything to gain from racism lol.

But seriously saying "Who knows what Jiggaboo means?" just reinforces my position that to white people NOTHING...not even using the term Jiggaboo is proof of racism.

Its always "Well it can be something, anything other than racism but its definetly NOT racism because...I said so"

She had no idea what she was saying. You have to understand that we are getting to a point where word censorship is resulting in a generation that is completely unaware of some actual words. Apparently like jigaboo. She probably doesn't know that word from boogaloo.

She had no idea what she was saying. You have to understand that we are getting to a point where word censorship is resulting in a generation that is completely unaware of some actual words. Apparently like jigaboo. She probably doesn't know that word from boogaloo.
She didn't live through the disco revolution....

She is either a retard and needs to be fired or she said it on purpose and needs to be fired. Take your pick. Since she has been in the game awhile my thought would be she is not a retard and said it on purpose.

What he really means.....

"She is a retard from Fox and needs to be fired, she is from Fox so she did it on purpose from Fox so she needs to be fired from Fox. She has been in the game at Fox awhile, so my thoughts are Fox...and it was on purpose on Fox.

She was born after disco. Boogaloo isn't a disco term.

We've become so fancy and dandy that now even words dont mean anything. We instead of looking at the language used are at a time when we ignore the words (most effective means of communication) and instead go with what they were probably thinking when they said it.

neither did RoshawnMarkwees,
I was gonna say that that term was used a lot during that period in time...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA and maybe if she had wheels she'd be a bike...LOL

Humans are infallible

There is never anything to gain from racism lol.

But seriously saying "Who knows what Jiggaboo means?" just reinforces my position that to white people NOTHING...not even using the term Jiggaboo is proof of racism.

Its always "Well it can be something, anything other than racism but its definetly NOT racism because...I said so"

If she said it knowing what it meant, it's obviously racist. My only point here is that I cannot fathom anyone doing such a thing right on camera when knowing it's a racist term. It simply would make no sense.

Now if she meant to say something else, but somehow she blurted this out, then all bets are off. From my vantage point though, that wasn't the case.

neither did RoshawnMarkwees,
I was gonna say that that term was used a lot during that period in time...
Boogaloo or Bugalú (also: Shing-a-ling, Latin Boogaloo, Latin R&B) is a genre of Latin music and dance that was popular in the United States in the 1960s. Although it came to prominence after the rise of Bossa nova and was greatly influenced by the new drumbeat of modern samba, arguably one of the most remarkable influences in popular music, from the second half of the 50s, boogaloo originated in New York City among teenage Cubans, Puerto Ricans and others. The style was a fusion of popular African American R&B and Soul, with Mambo and Son Montuno, boogaloo employed English as well as Spanish lyrics, and entered the American mainstream primarily through the American Bandstand television program. Boogaloo dance is distinct from the "Electric Boogaloo", a style of dance which developed decades later under the influence of Funk music and Hip-hop dance.

Forum List

Back