News anchor taken off air after calling Lady Gaga song "jigaboo music".

She had no idea what she was saying. You have to understand that we are getting to a point where word censorship is resulting in a generation that is completely unaware of some actual words. Apparently like jigaboo. She probably doesn't know that word from boogaloo.
She didn't live through the disco revolution....
neither did RoshawnMarkwees,
I was gonna say that that term was used a lot during that period in time...
She wasn't born until disco had passed.

She had no idea what she was saying. You have to understand that we are getting to a point where word censorship is resulting in a generation that is completely unaware of some actual words. Apparently like jigaboo. She probably doesn't know that word from boogaloo.
Boogaloo or Bugalú (also: Shing-a-ling, Latin Boogaloo, Latin R&B) is a genre of Latin music and dance that was popular in the United States in the 1960s. Although it came to prominence after the rise of Bossa nova and was greatly influenced by the new drumbeat of modern samba, arguably one of the most remarkable influences in popular music, from the second half of the 50s, boogaloo originated in New York City among teenage Cubans, Puerto Ricans and others. The style was a fusion of popular African American R&B and Soul, with Mambo and Son Montuno, boogaloo employed English as well as Spanish lyrics, and entered the American mainstream primarily through the American Bandstand television program. Boogaloo dance is distinct from the "Electric Boogaloo", a style of dance which developed decades later under the influence of Funk music and Hip-hop dance.
Ever heard any Slim Harpo?

How do you figure that?
you might be old enough to have seen it on tv.
but I'm fairly certain you did not take part.
hence you did not live through it ....my guess is you were a top 40 guy or country!

If she had called rock and roll "cracker music" would she be disciplined?

Ohio anchor taken off air after Lady Gaga jiga--- comment - NY Daily News

feb 25 2015
The Ohio news anchor who used a racial slur while discussing Lady Gaga's Oscars performance has been temporarily taken off the air.

Fox 8 Cleveland news anchor Kristi Capel "will not be anchoring 'Fox 8 News in the Morning' for the remainder of the week," the station said in a statement Wednesday. She will be back behind the desk March 2.

Capel came under fire after calling Lady Gaga songs "jiga--- music" on the air Monday morning, referring to a racist term for African Americans.

Capel, a former Miss Missouri USA, apologized on Twitter and during Tuesday's broadcast. She said she did not even know it was a word.

This is what happens when journalists BECOME the news instead of reporting it.

Boogaloo or Bugalú (also: Shing-a-ling, Latin Boogaloo, Latin R&B) is a genre of Latin music and dance that was popular in the United States in the 1960s. Although it came to prominence after the rise of Bossa nova and was greatly influenced by the new drumbeat of modern samba, arguably one of the most remarkable influences in popular music, from the second half of the 50s, boogaloo originated in New York City among teenage Cubans, Puerto Ricans and others. The style was a fusion of popular African American R&B and Soul, with Mambo and Son Montuno, boogaloo employed English as well as Spanish lyrics, and entered the American mainstream primarily through the American Bandstand television program. Boogaloo dance is distinct from the "Electric Boogaloo", a style of dance which developed decades later under the influence of Funk music and Hip-hop dance.
yes, led belly too....your point.
kinda contradictive you being a racist and
listening mid 20th century blues

Yo, yes, PC is alive and well? She has a right to use words in a dictionary!!! The word "Hypocrite" comes to mind?

"GTP"

People are way too thin skinned today.
People are also way too disrespectful. Good thing that companies recognize disrespect will not be tolerated.
Like you have room to talk. You have called many people on this board worse names than jigabo
I have plenty of room to talk. You call me a racist name or say something racist you get no respect from me. Dont whine. You can disagree with out being disrespectful.

She is either a retard and needs to be fired or she said it on purpose and needs to be fired. Take your pick. Since she has been in the game awhile my thought would be she is not a retard and said it on purpose.

What he really means.....

"She is a retard from Fox and needs to be fired, she is from Fox so she did it on purpose from Fox so she needs to be fired from Fox. She has been in the game at Fox awhile, so my thoughts are Fox...and it was on purpose on Fox.
Is Fox paying you to protect their interests or something? I dont care about Fox or any of the other channels. Your post is a fail.

yes, led belly too....your point.
kinda contradictive you being a racist and
listening mid 20th century blues
You are a racist, not me. You just can't handle candid perspective from someone immersed in the culture.
As for blues and disco, etc., I'm a roots musician by profession.

People are also way too disrespectful. Good thing that companies recognize disrespect will not be tolerated.
Like you have room to talk. You have called many people on this board worse names than jigabo
I have plenty of room to talk. You call me a racist name or say something racist you get no respect from me. Dont whine. You can disagree with out being disrespectful.
You can actually say that with a straight face? There are plenty post where you went off on people not for calling you a racist name but for simply disagreeing with you.

You can actually say that with a straight face? There are plenty post where you went off on people not for calling you a racist name but for simply disagreeing with you.
Link to one for proof. If it was just a disagreement then I am in the wrong. If its a known racist that doesnt count. Of course I will call them a racist name.

If she had called rock and roll "cracker music" would she be disciplined?

Ohio anchor taken off air after Lady Gaga jiga--- comment - NY Daily News

feb 25 2015
The Ohio news anchor who used a racial slur while discussing Lady Gaga's Oscars performance has been temporarily taken off the air.

Fox 8 Cleveland news anchor Kristi Capel "will not be anchoring 'Fox 8 News in the Morning' for the remainder of the week," the station said in a statement Wednesday. She will be back behind the desk March 2.

Capel came under fire after calling Lady Gaga songs "jiga--- music" on the air Monday morning, referring to a racist term for African Americans.

Capel, a former Miss Missouri USA, apologized on Twitter and during Tuesday's broadcast. She said she did not even know it was a word.
it was a Fox news affilaite as well. Who woulda' ever guessed? :eusa_whistle:

You need to understand that anything that doesn't toe the black identity line or is critical of a black person or even obama defaults to a racial epithet for blatant racists like ass-wipee-us.

Forum List

Back