Newsflash: This Just In

You seem proud of the fact that you've degenerated this thread into name calling and insulting.

I am always proud to put anti-American pieces of shit in their place. So, yes.

Let's get back on topic since the anti-American scumbags can't stop trying to derail the main message in the thread, which is that:

less guns = less gun violence
more guns = more gun violence.

Now, let's discuss those pesky stats, ONCE AGAIN.

America is ranked #1 in gun violence. (source) Do you know why that is? It's because more guns = more gun violence.

By contrast, Australia is ranked 41st. (source) Do you know why that is? I'll let you take a wild guess...

We also know that the statistics do not demonstrate that crime rates in Australia have increased substantially since the government instituted a gun buy-back program in 1997. The rates of various types of crime rates have scarcely changed at all. (source)

We also know that researchers Andrew Leigh of Australian National University and Christine Neill of Wilfrid Laurier University found that in the decade following the NFA, firearm homicides (both suicides and intentional killings) in Australia had dropped significantly. (source)

And finally, we know that since Australia instituted their gun buy-back program, they haven't had a mass shooting event since.

America is ranked #1 in gun violence. (source)

Your source doesn't say that. Which is good, because it isn't true.

Except that it does. America ranked #1 in violent gun crimes.

2rgm9t2.png

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Required watching for the gun nuts.
A Australian comedian telling me about guns, .that's like the Pope telling me how to have sex.

Are you sure you want to use that analogy? Because the Pope, uh, kind of does tell you how to have sex.

Did you watch it?[/QUOTE)
The Pope doesn't tell me anything I'm not Catholic you don't seem to have a problem with an Australian telling Americans about guns.

You seem proud of the fact that you've degenerated this thread into name calling and insulting.

Let's get back on topic since the anti-American scumbags can't stop trying to derail the main message in the thread, which is that:

America is ranked #1 in gun violence. (source) Do you know why that is? It's because more guns = more gun violence.

By contrast, Australia is ranked 41st. (source) Do you know why that is? I'll let you take a wild guess...

We also know that the statistics do not demonstrate that crime rates in Australia have increased substantially since the government instituted a gun buy-back program in 1997. The rates of various types of crime rates have scarcely changed at all. (source)

We also know that researchers Andrew Leigh of Australian National University and Christine Neill of Wilfrid Laurier University found that in the decade following the NFA, firearm homicides (both suicides and intentional killings) in Australia had dropped significantly. (source)

And finally, we know that since Australia instituted their gun buy-back program, they haven't had a mass shooting event since.
Do you know why "Gun Violence" is generally a Liberal weapon against the second amendment? It's because it's such a loose term when discussing this topic. It includes police doing their jobs, and people defending themselves from criminals, along with the suicide rate and actual criminal usage. The reason it went down in Australia is because law abiding citizens stopped using them, and fewer people could commit suicide with them. As I explained earlier, laws do not stop criminals, as they by definition do not follow the law. Banning guns for law abiding citizens just increases business in the black market, and prevents law abiding citizens from defending themselves with them. Again, most drugs are illegal in most states, yet there's a war on drugs, and those who want them still get them.

As for the crime rate, I pointed out earlier that your graph stops at a point where the crime rate started to rise.
AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN
https://cdn1.sph.harvard.edu/wp-con...4/2012/10/bulletins_australia_spring_2011.pdf

4510.0 - Recorded Crime - Victims, Australia, 2014
Also sexual assault is way up.

We also know that the increase in the police force is consistent with the decrease in "Gun Violence", and the following increase where your graph ends.

Screen+Shot+2012-12-24+at++Monday,+December+24,+10.11+PM.png
australia-rape-rates-before-after-gun-ban-1993-2013.jpg
The increase in question, in the violent crime rate, as the police force declines. As I pointed out earlier, it's also consistent with the increase and decrease in the economy quality.

1418261576499.png
Unemployment rate in question.

Considering how each follows the rise and fall of the other stats I mentioned, you can see that not only did sexual assault skyrocket, but the moment things started heading back to the way they were in terms of unemployment and police force, the crime rate also started increasing again. The gun ban didn't help.

2rgm9t2.png

88.8 guns per 100 residents.

DERP!

Choke on it

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
But the incremental imposition of new restrictions every time there is a prominent shooting incident nibbles away at the intended purpose of the Second Amendment. Little by little the time will come when you will be permitted to keep one single-shot, bolt-action, .22 rifle, chambered for short ammo, and you will be permitted to bear it in a locked case back and forth to some federally supervised range where you will be able to purchase only that ammo you will use there.

Thus your right to keep and bear arms will remain in effect.

I am recalling the 1950s and '60s, when any citizen over age 18 could purchase any available type of (non-automatic) rifle or shotgun without any questions or paperwork. You paid for it and left with it, like buying a loaf of bread. Today there is a computerized background search, after you've presented your "papers," and there is a possibility your purchase might be refused because of a bureaucratic fluke or some petty, irrelevant legal issue in your past.

Little by little -- and what has come the myriad of guns laws the ignorant phonies in Washington manage to contrive? What they want to see is a War on Guns, which will be about as effective as the War on Drugs has been.

It will be interesting to see what restrictions arise from the recent shooting event.

2rgm9t2.png

DERP!

Do you even know what you're "Derping" to you idiot? lol, holy shit you are STUPID.

2rgm9t2.png

DERP!

Do you even know what you're "Derping" to you idiot? lol, holy shit you are STUPID.

The fucking moron who started this thread read "guns per 100 residents" as "gun crime".
Because he's a fucking idiot.

Try again? Derp!

2rgm9t2.png

DERP!

The fucking moron who started this thread read "guns per 100 residents" as "gun crime".

Try again? Derp!

lol...again, MORON, do you know what you're "derping" to? lol, holy shit....this is great. Tell me, genius, do you understand statistics?

You're literally the dumbest person I've ever encountered on any forum. Wow.

2rgm9t2.png

DERP!

Try again? Derp!

lol...again, MORON, do you know what you're "derping" to? lol, holy shit....this is great. Tell me, genius, do you understand statistics?

Statistics? Try reading ya cretin.
Go back to your source.
88.8 references gun ownership, not gun crime. Derp.

2rgm9t2.png

DERP!

Try again? Derp!

Go back to your source.

Ok...does this one work for you?

v8pn4h.png

Or how about this one?

69fh1h.png

All you have to do is scroll through the list.

DERP!

Try again? Derp!

Go back to your source.

v8pn4h.png

Or how about this one?

69fh1h.png

Excellent! Now you can stop lying, you stupid twat.

Try again? Derp!

Go back to your source.

v8pn4h.png

Or how about this one?

69fh1h.png

Now that we've gotten your pissing contest out of the way, you ready to discuss those particular stats?

I have a theory as to why they are the way they are...

less guns = less gun murders

more guns = more gun murders

It's making more sense now, isn't it?

Try again? Derp!

Go back to your source.

v8pn4h.png

Or how about this one?

69fh1h.png

Now that we've gotten your pissing contest out of the way, you ready to discuss those particular stats?

Now that we've gotten your pissing contest out of the way,

Now that you've admitted your idiocy.

The Washington Post says your moronic claim is wrong.

Go back to your source.

v8pn4h.png

Or how about this one?

69fh1h.png

It "says" no such thing. That initial stat only PROVES my overall point, moron. We own more guns than any other country, and dwarf all but the most chaotic 3rd world countries in gun violence. Either admit that, or shut the fuck up.

More Guns = More Gun Violence

End of fucking story.

Not talking about just killing...I'm talking specifically about gun related deaths.
Wow...Spinning the gun grabber argument already...
Hey rookie. if guns are outlawed, the criminals won't give a fuck...
Now, go to another site and post there. In the minors. You're not ready for this place.

Go back to your source.

v8pn4h.png

Or how about this one?

69fh1h.png

It "says" no such thing. That initial stat only PROVES my overall point, moron. We own more guns than any other country, and dwarf all but the most chaotic 3rd world countries in gun violence. Either admit that, or shut the fuck up.

More Guns = More Gun Violence

End of fucking story.
You do realize this is your last thread. After posting your shrill whining in this one, you'll be marginalized.

Not talking about just killing...I'm talking specifically about gun related deaths.
Wow...Spinning the gun grabber argument already...
Hey rookie. if guns are outlawed, the criminals won't give a fuck...
Now, go to another site and post there. In the minors. You're not ready for this place.

LOL

As if this place is the "big leagues?" You flatter yourself, and seem bizarrely unaware of other forums. This is a conservative echo chamber. NONE of you can disprove my initial post. All any of you can do is whine, cry, call me names, but none of you can debate worth a shit. Particularly you.

Forum List

Back