Newt Gingrich Cautions GOP On Scandals: 'I Think We Overreached In '98'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R) cautioned Republicans against overreaching while dealing with the Internal Revenue Service's targeting of tea party groups.

Gingrich told NPR Repubilicans "need to be calm and factual" when dealing with scandals, and used his own experience pushing for President Bill Clinton's impeachment as an example of overreach.

"I think we overreached in '98," Gingrich told NPR's Mara Liasson for a story that aired on Friday's "Morning Edition.

More: Newt Gingrich Cautions GOP On Scandals: 'I Think We Overreached In '98' - By Paige Lavender

Overreached? That's a gross understatement. The $50 million Clinton witch hunts were unconscionable. However, things are never what they may seem with Newt. Here's his agenda...

Now, says Gingrich, Republicans should proceed with caution. "They need to be calm and factual," he said. "For example, a [House] subcommittee ... should invite every single tea party, conservative, patriot group that was messed over by the IRS — every single one of them — to come in and testify, so that they build this deadening record of how many different people were having their rights abused by this administration."

More: Gingrich Cautions GOP About 'Overreach' On Scandals : The Two-Way : NPR

I'm sure Newt would also like the Liberal groups to be allowed to testify...

lol, you notice with Democrats EVERYTHING is a witch hunt, like they are calling the hearings going on today?

Do they CARE Clinton looked right in the camera and LIED to us? Do they care Hillary sat next to her adulterer looking like a whipped puppy and proclaimed, I WILL stand my hound dog man, for the POWER of course..

Do you notice how they get all concerned about MONEY when it's about something they DON'T LIKE?

And now they CARE about what Newt Gingrich says...

I guess trolls aren't picky about what they post on here

Last edited:
Too late for you Newt and the GOP isn't going to listen to you. Shut up and let them overreach. Hillary's positives have already gone up. :lol: Keep at it Republicans.

Nothing like you people running a LOSER for President..

and now she will be eight years older after you kicked her under the bus the FIRST time to vote in a MAN..

Too late for you Newt and the GOP isn't going to listen to you. Shut up and let them overreach. Hillary's positives have already gone up. :lol: Keep at it Republicans.

and now she will be eight years older after you kicked her under the bus the FIRST time to vote in a MAN..

:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::dance::dance::dance::laugh2::laugh2:

Last edited by a moderator:
These so-called SCANDALS play well to the party faithful.

They are a team building exercise.

The masters of the GOP know perfectly well they lead nowhere, but they are highly useful for giving the party-faithful something to gnash their teeth on.

I mean just look at the number of threads on this board about Benghazi attack and the oh-so-very-important umbralla flap.

These manufactured scandals are the sort of thing even a child can wrap his simple head around and that is the intellectual level of the party faithful the GOP MASTERS are pandering to, right now.

The masters of the GOP know perfectly well they lead nowhere, but they are highly useful for giving the party-faithful something to gnash their teeth on.

I mean just look at the number of threads on this board about Benghazi attack and the oh-so-very-important umbralla flap.

These manufactured scandals are the sort of thing even a child can wrap his simple head around and that is the intellectual level of the party faithful the GOP MASTERS are pandering to, right now.

Ummhumm, and it's like we would NEVER see that with democrats..

You do realize that Romney lost to McCain in 2008 and that McCain lost to Bush prior to that, right?

This coming from the party that blamed (and still do) Bush for anything bad that ever happens ? :cuckoo:

:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::dance::dance::dance::laugh2::laugh2:

The true face of America today

Young, multiracial, multicultural :clap2::clap2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q6bLHJ3qFTU#]2012 Presidential Race: Reactions from Harvard's Institute of Politics Election Night Party - YouTube[/ame]!

Last edited by a moderator:
The GOP mainstream leadership, much more aware and intelligent than the party far right, knows that it must stretch voter appeal from left of center to right of center in the coming election. The shibboleths of the far right will gone by the end of summer, and so will almost all of its power.

Gingrich had failed in taking away the presidency was the problem.

The American people punished the GOP that fall for trying to interfere with its electoral selection in 96.

The GOP mainstream leadership, much more aware and intelligent than the party far right, knows that it must stretch voter appeal from left of center to right of center in the coming election. The shibboleths of the far right will gone by the end of summer, and so will almost all of its power.

do you also demonize the far left? why not be honest about it and acknowledge that the far left is as bad as the far right?

why can't we all agree that the radicals on both sides are the problem and focus on the middle where the vast majority of us live?

why the constant demonization of the "other" party?

I know that its part of the obama/marxist plan to divide us, but we don't have to comply with that do we?

Ummhumm, and it's like we would NEVER see that with democrats..

Perhaps YOU don't, but I see exactly the same sort of stuff happening with the DEMS.

The entire gun control issue, for example.

Most of what plays on MSM is this sort of contrivance, in my opinion.

Simple stories of good and bad played out for the simpletons who are partisan enough to fall for this childish blather.

You getting my drift here, yet Steph?

What I am telling you is that ALL partisans are dupes.

Moderate Republicans lost the last two election to the most radical and corrupt POTUS in US history.

That's not much of a track record

do you also demonize the far left?
I have always said the extreme left was bad, no more in line with the mainstream than the far right.

Just think the Yurts and the Uncensoreds are right there with the huggys and treehuggers as targets of fun for mainstream America.

]

Moderate Republicans lost the last two election to the most radical and corrupt POTUS in US history.

The radical far right and libertarian faux rage and hate scared the crap out of voting America and lost the elections the GOP should have easily won.

Obviously, the GOP mainstream leadership and electorate is turning its back on the far right and libertarian wings.

]

The radical far right and libertarian faux rage and hate scared the crap out of voting America and lost the elections the GOP should have easily won.

Obviously, the GOP mainstream leadership and electorate is turning its back on the far right and libertarian wings.

I see it a little differently. in the last two elections many conservatives and libertarians just stayed home since both candidates were liberals.

A true conservative would probably have won both times, but we will never know, so speculation is kind of a waste of time.

Forum List

Back