Newtown Massacre Result of Mental Illness, Access to Guns, Death Obsession

Connery

Rookie
Oct 19, 2012
"The Newtown school massacre was the result of a lethal combination of gunman Adam Lanza's mental health issues, access to high powered weapons and an obsession with mass murders, a nearly year-long investigation concluded.

Lanza used a stockpile of weapons and ammunition purchased by his mother to commit the crimes, which included killing his mother at their home, then driving to Sandy Hook and killing 20 students and six staffers."

Newtown Massacre Result of Mental Illness, Access to Guns, Death Obsession - ABC News

Access to guns....It appears Lanza had a predisposition to commit this heinous act, he did not need firearms he could have used another means to accomplish his goal.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I like many others up to and including the Governor of Connecticut have wondered why has this taken a year to finish and release this report.

The secrecy has been bizarre to say the least.

ETA: apparently this is not a full report. Information is being withheld.

Dan Klau, a Hartford attorney who specializes in First Amendment law, said the decision to release a summary report before the full evidence file is a reversal of standard practice and one of the most unusual elements of an investigation marked by secrecy.

"What I found troubling about the approach of the state's attorney is that from my perspective, he seems to have forgotten his job is to represent the state of Connecticut," Klau said. "His conduct in many instances has seemed more akin to an attorney in private practice representing Sandy Hook families."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/24/secrecy-shrouds-sandy-hook-massacre-probe/?intcmp=latestnews

Last edited:
Just got when the libs say you can only kill people with guns , the worst ever school
Attack in us history was a bombing

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I like many others up to and including the Governor of Connecticut have wondered why has this taken a year to finish and release this report.

These people did not want to look at this situation.

"We are gearing up for the release of the investigation report, will learn of the disposition of the tapes of the 911 calls, and will experience the first anniversary of the tragedy at Sandy Hook School," Newtown council member Pat Llodra wrote on her blog this week. "Each of these happenings has the potential to feel like a body blow. It takes our breath away and we struggle to regain our balance."

Newtown Massacre Result of Mental Illness, Access to Guns, Death Obsession - ABC News

My concern is about safety measures.

Last edited:
Well, access to military type weaponery definately makes it much easier for a mentally deranged person to run up the toll. And the NRA and you other fools have gaurenteed that the mentally unstable will have ready access to the war weapons.

Interesting reporting on this

-Geaux

MICHAEL MELIA, AP
Sun Nov 24, 7:57 PM UTC

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — A prosecutor is planning to release a report Monday on the investigation into the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, but the public will have to wait longer for the state police's full accounting of the crime.

The decision to continue withholding the bulk of the evidence is stirring new criticism of the secrecy that has surrounded the probe since a gunman killed 20 children and six educators inside the school on Dec. 14.

While the gunman took his own life and authorities are not contemplating any prosecutions, the lead investigator, State's Attorney Stephen Sedensky III, has gone to court to fight the release of 911 tapes, consulted privately with victims' families on what might be included in the report and resisted calls from Connecticut's governor to divulge more information sooner.

In defense of their handling of records, investigators have cited the scale of the criminal investigation — perhaps the most extensive in Connecticut's history — and consideration for the victims' families, some of whom have lobbied for tighter restrictions on public information and complained of being harassed by conspiracy theorists.

Dan Klau, a Hartford attorney who specializes in First Amendment law, said the decision to release a summary report before the full evidence file is a reversal of standard practice and one of the most unusual elements of an investigation marked by secrecy.

"What I found troubling about the approach of the state's attorney is that from my perspective, he seems to have forgotten his job is to represent the state of Connecticut," Klau said. "His conduct in many instances has seemed more akin to an attorney in private practice representing Sandy Hook families."

Sedensky said he could not comment.

Read the rest here: Secrecy shrouds Sandy Hook shooting investigation | General Headlines | Comcast

I think I have heard enough.

--he was diagnosed with Aspergers in 2005
--may have been other disorders involved--OCD was mentioned

--he got worse and worse

There were some more sordid speculations--something about pedophilia and there was disagreement over that.

And additional debate over whether anything could have been done. Those that thought something could have been done prevailed.

Doesn't sound like there was much hope for him to me.

Pretty much everyone agreed that allowing him access to guns was a bad idea.

Facts to consider is that all the mass murderers had likely been on prescribed psych-trophic drugs, or had just came off them, for example Columbine.

The media is afraid to expose the overuse of those drugs due to their being tied in to the Pharmaceutical industry. Might I be correct?

The media is loathe to point out that he was nuts because it doesn't support their anti-gun agenda.

"The Newtown school massacre was the result of a lethal combination of gunman Adam Lanza's mental health issues, access to high powered weapons and an obsession with mass murders, a nearly year-long investigation concluded.

Lanza used a stockpile of weapons and ammunition purchased by his mother to commit the crimes, which included killing his mother at their home, then driving to Sandy Hook and killing 20 students and six staffers."

Access to guns....It appears Lanza had a predisposition to commit this heinous act, he did not need firearms he could have used another means to accomplish his goal.

Used other means...oh give me a break..the odds he woulf use anything but is slim. You take away his guns and the odds are this never happens.

Anyways the fact these are the reasons? No fucking shit.

The media is loathe to point out that he was nuts because it doesn't support their anti-gun agenda.

No he is nuts because he killed 20 kids and was all for mass murder you fucking retard. But no lets make some cheap political shot about the media and their agenda with your own agenda.

ETA: apparently this is not a full report. Information is being withheld.

Secrecy shrouds Sandy Hook massacre probe | Fox News
This isn't fast food.it takes time. And yes you are a conspiracy nut.

No im not full of shit. You take away his.HIS guns and the odds are that this doesnt happen. I never said take away people's gun. Just his you fucking nutjob

No im not full of shit. You take away his.HIS guns and the odds are that this doesnt happen. I never said take away people's gun. Just his you fucking nutjob

That's why the NRA has for years been pushing for more information to be provided by the medical people related to nutcases and their owning of guns!

Taking away this particular gun does not have anything to do with his mental state...

Long before firearms existed mankind found away to kill...

I doubt the victims are interested in your odds...

Taking away this particular gun does not have anything to do with his mental state...

Long before firearms existed mankind found away to kill...

I doubt the victims are interested in your odds...

Good comments, plus I love your avatar! :eusa_angel:

It appears Lanza had a mental condition that should have led to his commitment had the mental health system not been dismantled by well meaning Liberals who used habeas corpus to empty the asylums and create the homeless problem we have today. And you are right, he did not need firearms, he could have used knives, swords, axes or any other means to accomplish his goal.

Forum List

Back