Next up on the Sexual Misconduct Parade - Al Franken!

because the floodgates have been opened up.

i don't disagree there are some asshole men out there. we're seeing far too much of it and to a point i'm glad we're finding out just who these people are. but to the other point, we weren't around for a picture, we don't know the entire story and i still think if you didn't stop him 10 years ago, why bother now?

fad. pop culture. trend.

but if we're calling for moores head based on accusations and mob justice, gotta take diaperboy also.

Funny thing about floods is they don't discriminate as long as you are in the floodplain.

Agreed. Purge both sides of sexual harassers and assaulters. Demonize them on both sides of the aisle.

but then you will get to the point of over-reach and go after normal, if not awkward, human interactions that happen when people try to find sexual partners.

As I said, Salem all over again.

In no way am I advocating going after innocent people. I'm not sure if you understand, though. I've been harassed/groped, myself, at work. It is not rare or uncommon. I am 49 years old, and it has happened to me at 3 different jobs, the first when I was 19 and the last when I was 47. Women have had to just accept it as part of living in a man's world, and we have for the most part. Apparently, we are now at a place where we can address the problem. The purge will be harsh, I agree. Many men will be shocked when they get the backlash of their inappropriate behavior, because it has been the norm for a very long time. I sort of feel for them; however, men in general do not "feel" for women who have to put up with this. They say, "Suck it up, Buttercup." Forgive me if I don't shed tears when their proven actions are exposed.

I believe in due process and innocent until proven guilty. I know for sure there will be a shocking amount of harassing/groping that can and will be proven. While I was not exactly traumatized by my experiences, I've left 2 jobs because of it. I should not have had to quit jobs in order to not have my boobs pressed against, creepy hands around my waist or a boss blatantly standing over me staring down my blouse. I should not have to decide how bad I really want that promotion/opportunity and I should not be retaliated against because I don't give employer blowjobs. I am fortunate enough to have a lot of options. Many women don't.

I call it a purge because there are a LOT of men in power who behave this way, not because I want innocent men witch-hunted. You may be surprised by how rampant the problem is, but I doubt many women in the workforce will be as surprised. I direct your attention to the photo of Franken that so many here brush off as harmless: she had a vest on, it doesn't look like he's really squeezing her boobs, he might not even be touching her, she is "acting" asleep, blah blah. That photo infuriates me. It is a classic example of the "Suck it up, Buttercup" mentality. Once people realize those days are gone, the behavior will largely disappear. Change is not always pleasant, but that does not mean the change is not warranted. Frankly, it is looooong overdue.
so curious, did you report being groped? identify to someone the gropper? if so, then that doesn't compare here at all. so apples and oranges. If you never reported it, then that is on you and I have no feelings for you. You merely gave the perv more opportunities to do harm to someone else and then shame on you.

I've shared here on USMB. I warned my replacement. There was no HR Dept to complain to, just the perv bosses. No sweat off my back if you have contempt for the victim. It is the norm. It is why so few are reported. The women are drug through the mud and the men are protected. Try finding a job after filing complaints or suits.

Looks like the tables might turn and the actual perpetrators will be exposed. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm not exactly shedding tears that the light is being shined on the cockroaches.

Franken's former female staffers defend him amid allegations

Amid a firestorm of criticism for his alleged sexual misconduct, eight of Sen. Al Franken's former female staffers issued a joint statement obtained by the Star Tribune Friday saying the senator treated them "with the utmost respect" and "was a champion for women both in the legislation he supported and in promoting women to leadership roles in our offices."

Franken's former chief of staff, Casey Aden-Wansbury, also told ABC News that during the eight years she had known him, "he has always worked hard to create a respectful environment for his staff." She added that "the inappropriate behavior reported today does not live up to the values I know he holds."

Franken's former female staffers defend him amid allegations

Case closed. Now we can go back to the pedophile Moore

If Moore produces some women he worked with who say he treated them with respect, we'll close his case too. Deal?

Funny thing about floods is they don't discriminate as long as you are in the floodplain.

Agreed. Purge both sides of sexual harassers and assaulters. Demonize them on both sides of the aisle.

but then you will get to the point of over-reach and go after normal, if not awkward, human interactions that happen when people try to find sexual partners.

In no way am I advocating going after innocent people. I'm not sure if you understand, though. I've been harassed/groped, myself, at work. It is not rare or uncommon. I am 49 years old, and it has happened to me at 3 different jobs, the first when I was 19 and the last when I was 47. Women have had to just accept it as part of living in a man's world, and we have for the most part. Apparently, we are now at a place where we can address the problem. The purge will be harsh, I agree. Many men will be shocked when they get the backlash of their inappropriate behavior, because it has been the norm for a very long time. I sort of feel for them; however, men in general do not "feel" for women who have to put up with this. They say, "Suck it up, Buttercup." Forgive me if I don't shed tears when their proven actions are exposed.

I believe in due process and innocent until proven guilty. I know for sure there will be a shocking amount of harassing/groping that can and will be proven. While I was not exactly traumatized by my experiences, I've left 2 jobs because of it. I should not have had to quit jobs in order to not have my boobs pressed against, creepy hands around my waist or a boss blatantly standing over me staring down my blouse. I should not have to decide how bad I really want that promotion/opportunity and I should not be retaliated against because I don't give employer blowjobs. I am fortunate enough to have a lot of options. Many women don't.

I call it a purge because there are a LOT of men in power who behave this way, not because I want innocent men witch-hunted. You may be surprised by how rampant the problem is, but I doubt many women in the workforce will be as surprised. I direct your attention to the photo of Franken that so many here brush off as harmless: she had a vest on, it doesn't look like he's really squeezing her boobs, he might not even be touching her, she is "acting" asleep, blah blah. That photo infuriates me. It is a classic example of the "Suck it up, Buttercup" mentality. Once people realize those days are gone, the behavior will largely disappear. Change is not always pleasant, but that does not mean the change is not warranted. Frankly, it is looooong overdue.
so curious, did you report being groped? identify to someone the gropper? if so, then that doesn't compare here at all. so apples and oranges. If you never reported it, then that is on you and I have no feelings for you. You merely gave the perv more opportunities to do harm to someone else and then shame on you.
a fly by poster.

Fly-by poster? How so?

yeah, yeah we get it demolosers actually have no morals. what was the prank exactly?
Maybe you don't know Al Franken was a comedienne before he was a politician.

A comics will do rude and crude things, that's not who they are, that's what they do. So if a clown throws a pie in your face, it's not an assault. Deal with it.
so what is the joke here?

I've shared here on USMB. I warned my replacement. There was no HR Dept to complain to, just the perv bosses. No sweat off my back if you have contempt for the victim. It is the norm. It is why so few are reported. The women are drug through the mud and the men are protected. Try finding a job after filing complaints or suits.

Looks like the tables might turn and the actual perpetrators will be exposed. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm not exactly shedding tears that the light is being shined on the cockroaches.
see that makes absolutely no sense. you can file a police report. why didn't you? I'd have that fker in handcuffs. He'd never do that again. why don't you all want to stop bad male behavior? I don't get it.

he wanted to announce his presence of authority over her. that she was a she and he was a he and he could do whatever he wanted. yeah, that's what I see. just like slipping her the tongue. yeah he is the worst kind of male he feels dominance over women. The way you can tell is that he uses language about it all the time how he is a supporter of women. you just have to laugh at the projections of libturd evil

Like Trump claimed what he said was locker room talk, what Franken did as comic relief., He admitted it (point one) and apologized (point 2), and he gave up that behavior when he gave up comedy.
well first off trump was caught in a private moment. Franken was on camera with his eyes all a glow. trump actually didn't do anything, where Franken was accused of slipping a female costar his fking tongue without her permission, and then doing whatever while she slept on a photo that you can't explain. so apples and rocks,

Actually Trump was being interviewed. Trump did what those women say he did.

well first off trump was caught in a private moment. Franken was on camera with his eyes all a glow. trump actually didn't do anything, where Franken was accused of slipping a female costar his fking tongue without her permission, and then doing whatever while she slept on a photo that you can't explain. so apples and rocks,

Maybe you're just stupid, but the Franken photo was staged, posed, having somebody photograph it for it's comedy. A practical joke.

Trump attacked women who Trump attacked calling them liars, even though he admitted the very behavior they complained he did.

A woman accused Trump of reaching under her skirt and grabbing her pussy.

Trump admitted, as a celebrity he could grab a woman by the pussy and get away with it.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
he wanted to announce his presence of authority over her. that she was a she and he was a he and he could do whatever he wanted. yeah, that's what I see. just like slipping her the tongue. yeah he is the worst kind of male he feels dominance over women. The way you can tell is that he uses language about it all the time how he is a supporter of women. you just have to laugh at the projections of libturd evil

Like Trump claimed what he said was locker room talk, what Franken did as comic relief., He admitted it (point one) and apologized (point 2), and he gave up that behavior when he gave up comedy.

Actually Trump was being interviewed. Trump did what those women say he did.
where and when. post that link

Maybe you're just stupid, but the Franken photo was staged, posed, having somebody photograph it for it's comedy. A practical joke.

Trump attacked women who Trump attacked calling them liars, even though he admitted the very behavior they complained he did.

Trump admitted, as a celebrity he could grab a woman by the pussy and get away with it.

Guess the jokes on Franken.

A practical joke.

what was the practical joke there?

where are trump's accusers, and sorry something from 38 years ago is hearsay.

I know you like to use big words you don't understand but hearsay has nothing to do with time. It has to do with what was witnessed.

Guess the jokes on Franken.
Guess the jokes on Franken. that is fking hilarious.

View image on Twitter
DO0Piu1VQAA_hYQ.jpg:small

Bandit Aléatoire @BanditRandom

When firsthand witnesses come forward & have a totally different recollection of the same events, you have to listen. Franken said he remembered the *scripted* kiss differently. Two witnesses say the photo was deliberate & staged as a joke that she was in on. Fish smell is DENSE.

2:06 AM - Nov 17, 2017

I know you like to use big words you don't understand but hearsay has nothing to do with time. It has to do with what was witnessed.
sure it is look it up, it's why they have statutes of limitations. people don't retain knowledge that long. now prove me wrong.

yeah, yeah we get it demolosers actually have no morals. what was the prank exactly?
Maybe you don't know Al Franken was a comedienne before he was a politician.

A comics will do rude and crude things, that's not who they are, that's what they do. So if a clown throws a pie in your face, it's not an assault. Deal with it.

If you make it clear that it's unwelcome, it is assault.

Franken is asking to be investigated. Moore chased little children. Trump has at least 12 accusers. Moore 7. Franken 1.

Since we are comparing......

Taking him to court.
where and when?

Trump did what he is accused of. I 'm not going to argue with a blind Trump cult member about anything.
you have no fking clue. but who the fk cares about your whiney ass anyway. franken may be toast. wow.

Yes the Franken photo was staged and it looks like he was not actually grabbing breasts. That doesn't excuse the behavior, but it is not a 32 year old chasing 14 year old girls or a 50 year old walking into a teenage pageant dressing room peeping at naked little girls.

Forum List

Back