🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Next Years Deficit

cutter

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2010
I've been listening to the hearing on obamacare and one thing sticks in my mind. It seems most people will pay less because of the subsidy they will receive from the government. If the government is subsidizing most peoples health care how much will we need to add to the national debt to cover this? I haven't heard any politician address this yet. What's your guess on the deficit next year?

We currently spend over 2 trillion a year in annual deficit spending when you add in the FED-R non stop stimulus. A stimulus that the Government gets to make massive revenues through taxes on while claim ing we are in a recovery by point at the markets where this 1 trillion + dollars are being dumped.

So it will not matter how much more they add.

ACA has been paid for. The deficit will go down next year...just like it has gone down this year.

Let the outrage commence!

I'm trying to understand this. How is it being paid for? Nobody knows yet how much it is going to cost the government to subsidize most people in this plan. 51% of Americans pay no income tax, does this mean 51% will be subsidized? One report I saw a lady said her plan was going to cost $200+ a month but after subsidies it cost her about $50 a month. $150 a month for 51% of the population is a really large number. How is this being paid for?

Ocare hasn't been paid for. CBO projections were way off in their original 900 billion estimate. 3 trillion are the updated costs. I haven't seen this reflected in the debt as of yet.

WOW 3T. Will we have to raise the debt ceiling 4TRILLION next year? WOW!

I've been listening to the hearing on obamacare and one thing sticks in my mind. It seems most people will pay less because of the subsidy they will receive from the government. If the government is subsidizing most peoples health care how much will we need to add to the national debt to cover this? I haven't heard any politician address this yet. What's your guess on the deficit next year?

CBO estimate is about 270 billion per year averaged over 10 years.

Last edited:
ACA has been paid for. The deficit will go down next year...just like it has gone down this year.

I'm trying to understand this. How is it being paid for? Nobody knows yet how much it is going to cost the government to subsidize most people in this plan. 51% of Americans pay no income tax, does this mean 51% will be subsidized? One report I saw a lady said her plan was going to cost $200+ a month but after subsidies it cost her about $50 a month. $150 a month for 51% of the population is a really large number. How is this being paid for?

Contrary to the myth-making going on, Obamacare HAS been paid for. I don't understand this "nobody knows what it will cost" statement, since we DO know what it costs.

Under the old system, about $700 billion in taxpayer money that was going to people's healthcare costs has now been moved into the category of healthcare insurance costs, since we won't be paying for uninsured people's healthcare costs any longer.

Under the old system, an uninsured person with no dependents who got into a mess and died and left us a $2 million tab will no longer be our concern because that person will have health insurance at a fraction of the cost.

Obamacare is still set to save us tens of billions of dollars every year.

Contrary to the myth-making going on, Obamacare HAS been paid for. I don't understand this "nobody knows what it will cost" statement, since we DO know what it costs.

Under the old system, about $700 billion in taxpayer money that was going to people's healthcare costs has now been moved into the category of healthcare insurance costs, since we won't be paying for uninsured people's healthcare costs any longer.

Under the old system, an uninsured person with no dependents who got into a mess and died and left us a $2 million tab will no longer be our concern because that person will have health insurance at a fraction of the cost.

I can see a savings if everyone paid for their own insurance but if we are subsidizing half the country how will that change the original estimates?

The 'deficit' has gone down this year due to higher taxes on us working folk, a government partial shutdown, and a mild sequestration... the spending is still up and the deficit is still above what any other prez had at any time during any administration

It is like Obama is saying that Bush was in the hole $10, he comes in to office and put us in the whole $15, and now Obama has raised taxes to cut us back to being in the hole $14

Wow.. I am SO thankful to Obamalama and his policies :rolleyes:

This is absolute and utter rubbish

The cost ESTIMATES have tripled and are still changing.. nothing has been paid for up front at all.. and current spending on it adds to the debt and deficit...

And oh, those getting insurance are not getting it at 'a fraction of the cost'.. the ones that are getting reduced costs (the moocher class) have it SUBSIDIZED by government, adding to the spending and adding to what the government is playing Robin Hood with from the actual workers

Its been paid for!!! No reason to worry!!! Just because a chunk of the taxpaying base is going to get credits doesnt mean there isnt any money!!!

Nothing to see here!!!

This is absolute and utter rubbish

The cost ESTIMATES have tripled and are still changing.. nothing has been paid for up front at all.. and current spending on it adds to the debt and deficit...

And oh, those getting insurance are not getting it at 'a fraction of the cost'.. the ones that are getting reduced costs (the moocher class) have it SUBSIDIZED by government, adding to the spending and adding to what the government is playing Robin Hood with from the actual workers

So we reduced the funding for medicare to fund this, yet medicare rolls are the only ones that are going up astronomically......

Yeaahhhh....

Not true. there will be people who still dont buy insurance and avoid the penalty.

What about them?

ObamaCare is supposed to be revenue neutral. The money for the subsidies comes from higher taxes on the rich and on medical devices, Medicare reform, and various other sources.

In reality, ObamaCare is nowhere near revenue neutral. The biggest lie Obama told was when he said he would not sign a plan that would add a single dime to the deficit. He has actually signed on to a plan that has already added many billions of dollars to the deficit.

Last edited:

ObamaCare is supposed to be revenue neutral. The money for the subsidies comes from higher taxes on the rich and on medical devices, and various other sources.

Looks like a solid case of the "suppos-tas"

Speaking of myth-making, can you show that $700 billion in taxpayer money was going to pay for the uninsured's medical costs?

Nowhere near that much was. Not even close. You are off by more than a factor of 10.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back