NFL Doubles Down

helmet-names.jpeg

"A player, if he chooses, can have the name of a Black person wronged in a confrontation with police emblazoned on the back of his helmet. End zones will have “It Takes All Of Us” on one end line, “End Racism” on the other. Coaches and game officials will be able to wear patches on their cap with the name of a Black victim, or with one of four messages: “It takes all of us,” “Black lives matter,” “End racism,” “Stop hate.” As for the helmets, players can choose either a Black name or one of the four preferred phrases offered: “Stop hate,” “It takes all of us,” “End racism,” “Black lives matter.”
- Peter King

"We’re in a different sporting world, and for all those who want people in the NFL to stick to sports, you’re going to have to watch—and listen to—a different game this year."

The SJWs have conquered the organization, now it has more to do with progressive bullshit than the sport. The American flag will be banned next.

What if a white person is wronged in a confrontation with the police? They are only allowed to provide a name if that person is black?

If it was worded this way, than it is clearly racism on the part of the NFL.

I doubt they would even allow a black person who isn't a criminal and resisting arrest. The leftist agenda is all about promoting a clear wrong.

BB, do you really think that this move by the NFL will "End Racism"?
I think bringing awareness to an issue that needs to be addressed is a good thing.
Why do you oppose what letters appear on a football field?
Why do you care what letters appear on a players helmet?

Is a football game an appropriate place to bring up a political issue? It sort of trivializes the whole issue IMHO.

Is a church?

There are a lot of "cross over issues" which politics and religion share. Ex given , gay marriage. A political issue, but one which the Religious Left sees a virtue in their faith and they've pushed it for many decades based upon their religious belief that Almighty God put Adam and Steve into the Garden of Eden.

I have no problem with the Radical Episcopalianist religion preaching on this issue from their pulpits.

helmet-names.jpeg

"A player, if he chooses, can have the name of a Black person wronged in a confrontation with police emblazoned on the back of his helmet. End zones will have “It Takes All Of Us” on one end line, “End Racism” on the other. Coaches and game officials will be able to wear patches on their cap with the name of a Black victim, or with one of four messages: “It takes all of us,” “Black lives matter,” “End racism,” “Stop hate.” As for the helmets, players can choose either a Black name or one of the four preferred phrases offered: “Stop hate,” “It takes all of us,” “End racism,” “Black lives matter.”
- Peter King

"We’re in a different sporting world, and for all those who want people in the NFL to stick to sports, you’re going to have to watch—and listen to—a different game this year."

The SJWs have conquered the organization, now it has more to do with progressive bullshit than the sport. The American flag will be banned next.
Yet, last year when the Dallas Cowboys wanted to honor the 5 cops that were shot in Dallas by putting their names on the helmets the NFL did not allow them to do it. So the NFL has been anti cop for a while now. The hell with the NFL
Interesting. Was there a reason given?

I don't think any political talk should go on in a church,

and I think everyone has to use their platform,
I think bringing awareness to an issue that needs to be addressed is a good thing.

Is a football game an appropriate place to bring up a political issue? It sort of trivializes the whole issue IMHO.

Is a church?

There are a lot of "cross over issues" which politics and religion share. Ex given , gay marriage. A political issue, but one which the Religious Left sees a virtue in their faith and they've pushed it for many decades based upon their religious belief that Almighty God put Adam and Steve into the Garden of Eden.

I have no problem with the Radical Episcopalianist religion preaching on this issue from their pulpits.

Is a church?

We have a separation of church and state comes to mind.

The NBA, NFL, have a lot of black players, and they would be amiss if not using their foundation to condemn the injustice in the USA.

So you oppose ending racism?
We live in a situation where we can not distinguish people joking around or being serious about perceived insults and actions. This from one individual or group to another individual or group. This is important. For malice is something that has to be proved in that situation. Sports is now politicized. These guys are not earning the same amount as they did with the working class did back in the 1960's and before. Frankly the ever increasing rise in salaries and massive stadiums and TV contracts with the fan and Cable TV customer footing the bill has got to come to an end. Why should anyone pay for political propaganda?

The narrative is a lie.
Breona Taylor was a drug dealer. Her BF shot at cops from inside her house.
George Floyd died from Fentanyl.
An entire sports organization supporting the spreading of lies is wrong.
People realize this, and the NFL will now go the way the BSA did.
Bankrupt.

Is a church?

Is a church?

The NBA, NFL, have a lot of black players, and they would be amiss if not using their foundation to condemn the injustice in the USA.

You are completely clueless, separation of church and state has nothing to do with what is allowed to be said in a church. If religion says your progressive bullshit and parasitic behavior is not allowed, they are not only welcome to comment on it, it is an obligation to do so.

They all wear pink during Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Just another case of supporting a social issue

They all wear pink during Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Just another case of supporting a social issue

Breast cancer is hardly a social issue. Siding with BLM on the other hand is siding against their own viewers.

helmet-names.jpeg

- Peter King

THIS is f*cked up. I will NOT be watching a minute of the NFL this season. What a bunch of dumbsh*ts.

Something that was never interesting appears to have made itself even less so.

Will players also be allowed to have the names of cops killed in the line of duty on the back of their helmets?

Is a church?

Is a church?

African American churches are political. They get money also from government.

helmet-names.jpeg

- Peter King

The NFL is heading down the road to bankruptcy and i wont be watching them anymore :smoke:

Fuck professional sports. I hope they all go broke.
I stopped watching the NFL over a decade ago.

If one has the desire to watch a bunch of criminals play sports I would recommend a prison rodeo.

I also quit awhile back, because professional sports broadcasts exist primarily to facilitate commercial product presentation. Too many goddam commercials.

The political nonsense just seals the deal.

Is a church?

Is a church?

Even if their message, which is based on a false narrative, is getting more blacks killed and not solving the issue at hand?

helmet-names.jpeg

- Peter King

The NFL is heading down the road to bankruptcy and i wont be watching them anymore :smoke:

I don't like social justice in the NFL anymore than you do, but the NFL is far from bankrupt. I think they NFL and other pro sports are allowing this for the simple reason there are no fans in the stands.

Forum List

Back