NFL Doubles Down

BB, do you really think that this move by the NFL will "End Racism"?
I think bringing awareness to an issue that needs to be addressed is a good thing.
Why do you oppose what letters appear on a football field?
Why do you care what letters appear on a players helmet?

Is a football game an appropriate place to bring up a political issue? It sort of trivializes the whole issue IMHO.
It must be since people insist that the national anthem be played before each game...

I think bringing awareness to an issue that needs to be addressed is a good thing.

Is a football game an appropriate place to bring up a political issue? It sort of trivializes the whole issue IMHO.
It must be since people insist that the national anthem be played before each game...

Aren't they playing the black national anthem now. Way to pledge their allegiance.

Did you oppose it when Dallas wanted to put the names of the five murdered cops on their shoes?

The national anthem isn't political

Is a church?
Nope, and stay on topic.

helmet-names.jpeg

"A player, if he chooses, can have the name of a Black person wronged in a confrontation with police emblazoned on the back of his helmet. End zones will have “It Takes All Of Us” on one end line, “End Racism” on the other. Coaches and game officials will be able to wear patches on their cap with the name of a Black victim, or with one of four messages: “It takes all of us,” “Black lives matter,” “End racism,” “Stop hate.” As for the helmets, players can choose either a Black name or one of the four preferred phrases offered: “Stop hate,” “It takes all of us,” “End racism,” “Black lives matter.”
- Peter King

"We’re in a different sporting world, and for all those who want people in the NFL to stick to sports, you’re going to have to watch—and listen to—a different game this year."

The SJWs have conquered the organization, now it has more to do with progressive bullshit than the sport. The American flag will be banned next.
The NFL is heading down the road to bankruptcy and i wont be watching them anymore :smoke:

I don't like social justice in the NFL anymore than you do, but the NFL is far from bankrupt. I think they NFL and other pro sports are allowing this for the simple reason there are no fans in the stands.
I think the Communist fellow travelers running all the professional sports leagues will continue this when the fans are allowed in the stands. I think a bloody Civil War is coming after the November 3rd Elections and i think it will be too violent and dangerous around the United States for professional sports to hold events and that will be the end of that for a long time to come.

I don't think any political talk should go on in a church,

and I think everyone has to use their platform,

Is a church?

There are a lot of "cross over issues" which politics and religion share. Ex given , gay marriage. A political issue, but one which the Religious Left sees a virtue in their faith and they've pushed it for many decades based upon their religious belief that Almighty God put Adam and Steve into the Garden of Eden.

I have no problem with the Radical Episcopalianist religion preaching on this issue from their pulpits.

Is a church?

There are a lot of "cross over issues" which politics and religion share. Ex given , gay marriage. A political issue, but one which the Religious Left sees a virtue in their faith and they've pushed it for many decades based upon their religious belief that Almighty God put Adam and Steve into the Garden of Eden.

I have no problem with the Radical Episcopalianist religion preaching on this issue from their pulpits.

We have a separation of church and state comes to mind.

The NBA, NFL, have a lot of black players, and they would be amiss if not using their foundation to condemn the injustice in the USA.

The separation of church and state is the state not interfering in religious matters. Freedom of religion and freedom of speech prevent the government from interfering in religions and their beliefs or preventing them to practice religious freedom. This in no way should affect the way a church or their message.

Where it does apply is government using religion to push an agenda, however that is government and their responsibility not a church's.

How about instead of the phrases and names on helmets teams each clean up one of the cities that have been destroyed by the looting and fires. How about they help the living instead of making money off the dead...because we all know when it comes down to it it's not about the dead, it's about making money and self promotion.
I most definitely second what you say here about concentrating on those who are still here, but in my opinion, those who are no longer here do not deserve to be swept up underneath the rug either especially if they are known for something positive enough. In other words, it may be good to have a foot in both fields. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

helmet-names.jpeg

"A player, if he chooses, can have the name of a Black person wronged in a confrontation with police emblazoned on the back of his helmet. End zones will have “It Takes All Of Us” on one end line, “End Racism” on the other. Coaches and game officials will be able to wear patches on their cap with the name of a Black victim, or with one of four messages: “It takes all of us,” “Black lives matter,” “End racism,” “Stop hate.” As for the helmets, players can choose either a Black name or one of the four preferred phrases offered: “Stop hate,” “It takes all of us,” “End racism,” “Black lives matter.”
- Peter King

"We’re in a different sporting world, and for all those who want people in the NFL to stick to sports, you’re going to have to watch—and listen to—a different game this year."

The SJWs have conquered the organization, now it has more to do with progressive bullshit than the sport. The American flag will be banned next.
Why isn't this man's name on their helmets?

1598887068348.png

Tamarris Bohannon, a 29-year-old St. Louis, Missouri, police officer is dead after a suspect shot him in the head on Saturday. He succumbed to his injuries Sunday evening.

How about instead of the phrases and names on helmets teams each clean up one of the cities that have been destroyed by the looting and fires. How about they help the living instead of making money off the dead...because we all know when it comes down to it it's not about the dead, it's about making money and self promotion.
Which cities have been destroyed?

helmet-names.jpeg

- Peter King

View attachment 382637

Tamarris Bohannon, a 29-year-old St. Louis, Missouri, police officer is dead after a suspect shot him in the head on Saturday. He succumbed to his injuries Sunday evening.
Was Bohannon killed because of his color? If so, you may have a point.

Which cities have been destroyed?

The ones that - once U-Haul availability can match orders - will watch their tax base sail into the sunset.

helmet-names.jpeg

- Peter King

View attachment 382637

Was Bohannon killed because of his color? If so, you may have a point.
Yes he was killed because of his color. A White Antifa member Assassinated him.

- Peter King

I really don't care, this is just a new twist to the usual wearing pink crap in support of breast awareness month. I'm more interested in how they play, I just wish they would be open about this and if they want to wear names of people brutalized or wrongly killed by police, then include ANYONE unjustly killed by a cop, EVEN IF THEY ARE WHITE.

Otherwise, YOU CAN'T FIGHT RACISM WITH JUST MORE RACISM.

Let's put "America first" on the field with big bold letters and have you screech.

People generally don't want to be spoon fed a false political narrative when watching sports. At least America first make sense.

Personally, I would rather never have to hear your stupid false narratives, anywhere.
No wonder trumpanzees love "America first." It was originated by the Kkk, a favorite organization of Trump.

Forum List

Back