NFL Doubles Down

BB, do you really think that this move by the NFL will "End Racism"?
I think bringing awareness to an issue that needs to be addressed is a good thing.
Why do you oppose what letters appear on a football field?
Why do you care what letters appear on a players helmet?

Let's put "America first" on the field with big bold letters and have you screech.

People generally don't want to be spoon fed a false political narrative when watching sports. At least America first make sense.

Personally, I would rather never have to hear your stupid false narratives, anywhere.

You don't need to watch football.

And for the first time since 1975 I wont be watching.
Fuck the NFL.

Good, but I bet you will and say your not watching.

Actually as a Conservative I have moral convictions,so no I wont be watching.

You will become weak like all conservatives.

helmet-names.jpeg

"A player, if he chooses, can have the name of a Black person wronged in a confrontation with police emblazoned on the back of his helmet. End zones will have “It Takes All Of Us” on one end line, “End Racism” on the other. Coaches and game officials will be able to wear patches on their cap with the name of a Black victim, or with one of four messages: “It takes all of us,” “Black lives matter,” “End racism,” “Stop hate.” As for the helmets, players can choose either a Black name or one of the four preferred phrases offered: “Stop hate,” “It takes all of us,” “End racism,” “Black lives matter.”
- Peter King

"We’re in a different sporting world, and for all those who want people in the NFL to stick to sports, you’re going to have to watch—and listen to—a different game this year."

The SJWs have conquered the organization, now it has more to do with progressive bullshit than the sport. The American flag will be banned next.
Yet, last year when the Dallas Cowboys wanted to honor the 5 cops that were shot in Dallas by putting their names on the helmets the NFL did not allow them to do it. So the NFL has been anti cop for a while now. The hell with the NFL

Social Justice Wingnuts travel on a one way street.

The NFL can go to hell. I have absolutely no use for it

but you will be watching. Just admit it.

You guys keep bringing up the separation of church and state.
Can you show me where it says that in the Constitution?
No it doesn't say anything about the EC as well.
1598898040988.png

12th Amendment
The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and all persons voted for as Vice-President and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate;
The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;
The person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in the case of the death or other constitutional disability of the President.[a]
The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.[1]

Electoral College

The Electoral College is a body of electors established by the United States Constitution, which forms every four years for the sole purpose of electing the president and vice president of the United States. The Electoral College consists of 538 electors, and an absolute majority of at least 270 electoral votes is required to win the election. According to Article II, Section 1, Clause 2 of the Constitution, each state legislature determines the manner by which its state's electors are chosen. ...
The results are counted by Congress, where they are tabulated in the first week of January before a joint meeting of the Senate and House of Representatives, presided over by the vice president, as president of the Senate.

Last edited:
I think bringing awareness to an issue that needs to be addressed is a good thing.

Let's put "America first" on the field with big bold letters and have you screech.

People generally don't want to be spoon fed a false political narrative when watching sports. At least America first make sense.

Personally, I would rather never have to hear your stupid false narratives, anywhere.

And for the first time since 1975 I wont be watching.
Fuck the NFL.

Good, but I bet you will and say your not watching.

You will become weak like all conservatives.

Stop projecting.

You do know that no one really cares if you watch or not.

When viewing audience drops, the commercial money follows. They will care.

People will be people the fans will burst out the seats when allowed to do so.

I wont watch another NFL game until they stop with the BLM bullshit.
Maybe if they gave equal billing for both sides I could stomach it but as it is now?
Fuck the NFL.

It won't be long before NFL players are going to be running around the field looking like the back of some ex-hippy's rusted old Volkswagen; covered with bumper stickers touting every slogan and outdated campaign motto since 1970.

"At Quarterback: Make Love Not War"

"Starting Fullback: Ralph Nader for President"

"Wide Receiver: I'm Proud of My Middle School Honor Student"

"At Center: If You Can Read This You're Too Close"

And?
So don't watch! and tramp shouldn't watch either, if you both don't like it. Good riddance to you both.

Absolutely agree. And Mr. Goodell, Mr. Silver, et al should get on TV and tell conservatives to get lost and tough shit. They have a private business, and if they don't want conservative patrons they should be clear about it.

There are enough Democrats to fill their stands, and the Cons will be in the stands no matter what they do, you so want the entrainment, and I admit Sunday is football day at my home.

You've obviously never been to an NFL game.
The fans can be more entertaining than the game.

And?
So don't watch! and tramp shouldn't watch either, if you both don't like it. Good riddance to you both.

Absolutely agree. And Mr. Goodell, Mr. Silver, et al should get on TV and tell conservatives to get lost and tough shit. They have a private business, and if they don't want conservative patrons they should be clear about it.

There are enough Democrats to fill their stands, and the Cons will be in the stands no matter what they do, you so want the entrainment, and I admit Sunday is football day at my home.

You've obviously never been to an NFL game.
The fans can be more entertaining than the game.

Ya sometimes get a twofer. Some football and a bit of MMA thrown in for good measure.

helmet-names.jpeg

"A player, if he chooses, can have the name of a Black person wronged in a confrontation with police emblazoned on the back of his helmet. End zones will have “It Takes All Of Us” on one end line, “End Racism” on the other. Coaches and game officials will be able to wear patches on their cap with the name of a Black victim, or with one of four messages: “It takes all of us,” “Black lives matter,” “End racism,” “Stop hate.” As for the helmets, players can choose either a Black name or one of the four preferred phrases offered: “Stop hate,” “It takes all of us,” “End racism,” “Black lives matter.”
- Peter King

"We’re in a different sporting world, and for all those who want people in the NFL to stick to sports, you’re going to have to watch—and listen to—a different game this year."

The SJWs have conquered the organization, now it has more to do with progressive bullshit than the sport. The American flag will be banned next.
Yet, last year when the Dallas Cowboys wanted to honor the 5 cops that were shot in Dallas by putting their names on the helmets the NFL did not allow them to do it. So the NFL has been anti cop for a while now. The hell with the NFL

I would not bet on it. My team is the Dolphins and they drafted the only first round player that needs a handicapped parking space. This team has been in decline for a long time now and are no longer worthy of my time. There is always boating and fishing to keep me busy on Sundays

helmet-names.jpeg

- Peter King

I would not bet on it. My team is the Dolphins and they drafted the only first round player that needs a handicapped parking space. This team has been in decline for a long time now and are no longer worthy of my time. There is always boating and fishing to keep me busy on Sundays

Yep..
I got this a short while back. And I plan on spending a lot more time at the lease hanging out,shooting,fishing and riding the SxS.
AC3CC573-73CD-4F79-AC15-ED68B39EDAAB.jpeg
447C7B3F-B34C-42F4-A129-113A4D9F461C.jpeg

02704AE6-6BCF-4856-B9FB-8748F857D33E.jpeg

helmet-names.jpeg

- Peter King

The NFL is heading down the road to bankruptcy and i wont be watching them anymore :smoke:

I don't like social justice in the NFL anymore than you do, but the NFL is far from bankrupt. I think they NFL and other pro sports are allowing this for the simple reason there are no fans in the stands.
They won't get more like that! In fact, the opposite.

Is a football game an appropriate place to bring up a political issue? It sort of trivializes the whole issue IMHO.
It must be since people insist that the national anthem be played before each game...
even Canada does that. amazing huh? asswipe.

Forum List

Back