NFL Viewership Down 11%, Owners Cant Figure Out Why

People watch sports to get away from politics, they don't want more of it.
I second this. The event is supposed to be about the game/the sport, not where the players choose to stand on other issues.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Baseball got too greedy and have been in decline for 20 years. Now the same is happening with football.

Yesterday there was a story of an entire college team sitting out the National Anthem except for one player who honored his country. Things like this that enrage fans aren't helping matters.

Nice link. But presuming such a story exists --- why would it "enrage fans"? What the fuck does a jingoisitic groupthink singalong have to do with a sports event?

Or does it just not occur to you to ever dare to ask that question?
The singing of the National Anthem during baseball games was the way America came together to support our troops overseas. It came from a time when people loved their country and America hating assholes like you got their asses kicked. I still hope someone sees you burning the flag and beats you to within an inch of your life.

Horse shit. It has absolute ZERO to do with any aspect of the game at all. It's robotic PC-decreed bullshit that wormage like you salivate over because it involves an authority figure telling you what to do and you can't get enough of that, all the while going "yes Master may I have another". So in other words you can't answer the question.

And there's no shame in that, because there IS no answer. It's rhetorical to prove a point, and it just did. And all you can do is melt into a sniffling puddle of emotion.

Moreover in a game of baseball the fans are there not only to watch a game but to watch a game played by Dominicans and Venezuelans and Japanese and Colombians and Taiwanese and Australians and Canadians and Cubans and Koreans and Panamanians and .... you'd better sit down for this .... Mexicans.
I did answer the question idiot. I identified the inseparable link between the National Anthem and professional baseball. That you're too stupid to see the obvious when it's spelled out for you is your problem.

You are literally proving what conservatives have said all along. Leftists are NOT patriotic Americans.

Baseball got too greedy and have been in decline for 20 years. Now the same is happening with football.

Yesterday there was a story of an entire college team sitting out the National Anthem except for one player who honored his country. Things like this that enrage fans aren't helping matters.

Nice link. But presuming such a story exists --- why would it "enrage fans"? What the fuck does a jingoisitic groupthink singalong have to do with a sports event?

The singing of the National Anthem during baseball games was the way America came together to support our troops overseas. It came from a time when people loved their country and America hating assholes like you got their asses kicked. I still hope someone sees you burning the flag and beats you to within an inch of your life.

Horse shit. It has absolute ZERO to do with any aspect of the game at all. It's robotic PC-decreed bullshit that wormage like you salivate over because it involves an authority figure telling you what to do and you can't get enough of that, all the while going "yes Master may I have another". So in other words you can't answer the question.

And there's no shame in that, because there IS no answer. It's rhetorical to prove a point, and it just did. And all you can do is melt into a sniffling puddle of emotion.

Moreover in a game of baseball the fans are there not only to watch a game but to watch a game played by Dominicans and Venezuelans and Japanese and Colombians and Taiwanese and Australians and Canadians and Cubans and Koreans and Panamanians and .... you'd better sit down for this .... Mexicans.
I did answer the question idiot. I identified the inseparable link between the National Anthem and professional baseball. That you're too stupid to see the obvious when it's spelled out for you is your problem.

You are literally proving what conservatives have said all along. Leftists are NOT patriotic Americans.

All you did was (and I already noted this) melt into an emotional puddle of jingoistic non sequitur mumbo jumbo about "wull gee Wally, everybody does it so I guess we have to do it", because you're too dim to think any deeper than that.

The fact (still) is,there is no such link. Does not exist in the rulebook -- anywhere. All that's necessary to start a ball game is for the ump to call "play ball". The game has no relationship with politics or patriotism or governments. Period. The idea of the entertainment of sports is to get AWAY from all that shit.

That's why you can't come up with one. There isn't any.

Now you go ahead and claim you gave one and we'll just do this all over again.

:dig:

It came from a time when people loved their country and America hating assholes like you got their asses kicked. I still hope someone sees you burning the flag and beats you to within an inch of your life.

Ah yes, from a time when people got lynched for being uppity, their body parts sold as souvenirs and the event commemorated on postcards. From a time when Earnest Starr got tossed in the klink for 10 to 20 hard labor because he defied the orders of a mob that had ordered him to kiss the flag, because morons like you were too fucking stupid to consider where they were going with the whole groupthink crapola.

Ah those were the daze. Who wouldn't want them back. SMH

It came from a time when people loved their country and America hating assholes like you got their asses kicked. I still hope someone sees you burning the flag and beats you to within an inch of your life.

Ah yes, from a time when people got lynched for being uppity, their body parts sold as souvenirs and the event commemorated on postcards. From a time when Earnest Starr got tossed in the klink for 10 to 20 hard labor because he defied the orders of a mob that had ordered him to kiss the flag, because morons like you were too fucking stupid to consider where they were going with the whole groupthink crapola.

Your party's racism and reign of terror wasn't the only thing going on in the 1940's, racist.

The NFL wanted parity another word for that is mediocrity they have it a bunch of average teams that don't really excite fans. You know what they say be careful what you wish for you might get it.

PC bullshit, not immediately firing Colin for disrespecting the national anthem.

It's a vote against the progressive destruction of football
View attachment 94410
Islam Is a Manson Family

Isn't remembering 9/11 an offense to the sensitivities of Muslim thrill-killers? If we could only get them to watch American football and become couch potatoes, that would totally and easily solve the terrorism issue.

Too many throwback uniforms

Steelers-2.jpg

We have met the enemy and it is Pogo.

Your party's racism and reign of terror wasn't the only thing going on in the 1940's, racist.

That's good to hear since I don't have a "party". Again, that kind of shit is for moron authoritarian-passives like yourself who need some daddy figure to tell them what to do. The Peter Principle of maturity, one might say.

NOR was it "the 1940s", Dumbass. The SSB started getting played at baseball games in 1918 (when it wasn't the "national anthem" yet) ---- in the echoes of WWI, the same echoes that generated the "sedition" charge against Starr in Montana, which is why I linked it there. And that was also the era of rampant lynching, the arrival of "Birth of a Nation" and the rebirth of the Klan (both 1915) --- which is why I referred to that. In other words a time when you'd better fall in line with the mob mentality; if you didn't you got charged with sedition and sent up for 10 to 20, or you got lynched.

Doncha love the smell of obsequious drones unquestioningly doing what they're told in the morning....

Forum List

Back