Nike made a business decision not a political statement

Do you guys have a hard time keeping track of all the things you're boycotting?

CNN
Facebook
Budweiser
Nike
NFL
Target
Keurig
Starbucks
Amazon
Nordstrom
Kellogg
Star Wars
Education
Award Shows
Twitter
None of us waste time on that crap unless you are retired. Old people are set in their ways. A couple of them will remember they are mad about something.

Nike is like Coca Cola they are both generally a generic drink and shoe that has no purpose but to be worn and finished then thrown away like Cap a Prick who is a generic American jock.

So nobody misses him like the piece of trash that he is except the generic Americans that make up the liberal trash of traders in this country which need to be thrown out like garbage.

Nike made a business decision not a political statement in running their recent add with Colin Kaepernick.
They are chasing the dollars.
They realize the vast majority of people who will stop buying their products because of the add is outweighed by the increases they will receive by those who do not feel strongly about or support Kaepernick.

This is a statement about who will be the strongest demographic with the most disposable income in the future pro-Trumpers or anti-Trumpers

What did the stock market think of the business decision cupcake?

Seems like there's a lot of them.

CNN
Facebook
Budweiser
Nike
NFL
Target
Keurig
Starbucks
Amazon
Nordstrom
Kellogg
Star Wars
Education
Award Shows
Twitter
I don't have to intentionally boycott as most of those enumerated don't interest me anyway.

Whether business decision or political statement, if conservatives don’t like it they have only themselves to blame.

If conservatives hadn’t whined and lied about NFL players engaging in lawful, peaceful protest, contriving an ‘issue’ out of a non-issue, Kaepernick would have been forgotten by now, just another former player.

Instead, as a consequence of conservatives’ ignorance, hate, and stupidity, Kaepernick and the cause he advocates for – a cause conservatives loathe – continues to garner attention and support.

Nike said today they decided to drop him and go with this dead guy instead

In Nikes press release they said "we don't believe in what he did but we believe he did it the best that he could"

charles-nike-manson_fb_519177.jpg

Nike made a business decision not a political statement in running their recent add with Colin Kaepernick.
They realize the vast majority of people who will stop buying their products because of the add is outweighed by the increases they will receive by those who do not feel strongly about or support Kaepernick.

This is a statement about who will be the strongest demographic with the most disposable income in the future pro-Trumpers or anti-Trumpers
They know their market; thugs.

Whether business decision or political statement, if conservatives don’t like it they have only themselves to blame.

If conservatives hadn’t whined and lied about NFL players engaging in lawful, peaceful protest, contriving an ‘issue’ out of a non-issue, Kaepernick would have been forgotten by now, just another former player.

Instead, as a consequence of conservatives’ ignorance, hate, and stupidity, Kaepernick and the cause he advocates for – a cause conservatives loathe – continues to garner attention and support.

What is with you leftists always thinking that reverse psychology will work on us? We are smarter than you, we are more in tune with real life than you, we are realists.

As long as this is alive, we will keep talking about it. We will keep amplifying it. And the more morons that do stupid things like Nike or the NFL, we will keep ridiculing it.

So stop with this childish ploy "If I can make conservatives think they are really helping us, that will get them to stop" because it won't work on us. That only works on your other lib friends.

No surprise Nike would choose a Commie Castro worshiper to represent it; they're already making a mint from their Communist run sweatshops in Viet Nam, have been for years, and other fun places. All the 'globalists' loves them some Commies, and all you Doody Head flag wavers need to be tossed in ovens for interfering with these 'multi-nationals' cash flows; Obama is fond of them. too.

What is with you leftists always thinking that reverse psychology will work on us? We are smarter than you, we are more in tune with real life than you, we are realists.

As long as this is alive, we will keep talking about it. We will keep amplifying it. And the more morons that do stupid things like Nike or the NFL, we will keep ridiculing it.

So stop with this childish ploy "If I can make conservatives think they are really helping us, that will get them to stop" because it won't work on us. That only works on your other lib friends.

These freaks are all deviants and tards. No point in attempting anything sane with them.

In any case, the pattern is they start eating their own sooner or later, so we can sit back and watch the general hilarity when Nike then has to try and spin their way out of stupid issues after they have pandered to these scumbags and loons, just to sell a few T-shirts and cop killer socks.

Yes, how many of those who will "stop buying Nike", never really bought Nike in the first place? Probably quite a lot.

Yes, how many of those who will "stop buying Nike", never really bought Nike in the first place? Probably quite a lot.

The revenue results will be definitive. No gray. We will know soon enough, won’t we?

NFL viewership is down 10% since the kneeling bullshit started.

That translates into less advertising revenue for networks which translates into less money paid to the NFL for broadcasting rights which translates into less money for players.

As long as they can keep the Colin Keapernick story alive, it shouldn't do much more than make a statement. Some losses may be offset by people interested in supporting the statement. The down side for Nike would be when the story fades, because where the people who were buying to support the story may forget, the people that stopped buying because of the statement won't forget why they stopped buying Nike.

they are using a political situation to create business for themselves so yea, i can agree with what you're saying. i just don't see the need to do that. if the NFL better off because of this controversy? wouldn't appear to be. so why would their tagging onto it help further their business.

they would have been far better served by showing some of these kneelers in social situations where they practice what they preach and not just kneel on sundays. show them helping make the difference they're asking for. JUST DO IT could then use the same situations but not identify with one athlete but a movement all can appreciate even because of different reasons. "be the difference you want in the world...just do it".

suddenly you embrace a much wider audience and give a message many *i believe* want to hear.

Seems like there's a lot of them.

CNN - boycott? no. laugh at? by the hour.
Facebook - not a fan but until something better comes along, it's simply a tool
Budweiser - don't drink anymore
Nike - meh, if the shoe fits...
NFL - i see players kneel, i watch something else til next game.
Target - don't shop there but mostly cause they suck
Keurig - speaking of suck
Starbucks - coffee sucks
Amazon - why would i boycott amazon jack ryan is an amazing series and they bring me my shit several times a week. i ordered a bucket the other day just to get a delivery and have something to open.
Nordstrom - why the hell am i mad at them?
Kellogg - mmmmm - pop tarts.
Star Wars - FINALLY - something i'm not going to watch any more of.
Education - for it.
Award Shows - never cared
Twitter - never use it, don't care.

i got mad at the world once and shook my fist in the air and protested about the inhumanity of it all. do you know what changed?

nothing.

i got mad one day and looked in the mirror to decide what i could do about the world around me and how i could be a better part of it. do you know what changed?

everything.

Last edited:

A 3% drop, most of which took place in the first hour. Then it leveled off and their futures are up right now.

Too many people like you cannot see past the next 20 minutes, Nike is thinking 20 years down the road. This campaign according to Nike is aimed at the 15-17 year old demographic. They are building their customer base for the future, and are willing to take a small hit with the middle aged white guys in the process.

Nike is counting on people like you keeping on talking about it, as Trump has proven in winning the White House, any press is good press.

A 3% drop, most of which took place in the first hour. Then it leveled off and their futures are up right now.

Too many people like you cannot see past the next 20 minutes, Nike is thinking 20 years down the road. This campaign according to Nike is aimed at the 15-17 year old demographic. They are building their customer base for the future, and are willing to take a small hit with the middle aged white guys in the process.
yea, anyone looking short term at this is being stupid. the dip happens, it recovers, and just because people are burning shoes today doesn't mean the market will feel that effect in the coming months. i think it was a stupid ploy on their part but it's going to take months to decide, not hours.

the IGS (instant gratification society) can't stand the inbetween. :)

yea, anyone looking short term at this is being stupid. the dip happens, it recovers, and just because people are burning shoes today doesn't mean the market will feel that effect in the coming months. i think it was a stupid ploy on their part but it's going to take months to decide, not hours.

Yesterday on Mike and Mike they were talking about this and Nike said that this is geared towards the 15-17 year old demographic. So, it will not take months, it will take years to decide. As for their stock I am willing to bet it is back up to where it was before the end of the week. I was kind of hoping it would drop a little more and I was going to buy some, but it does not seem to be the case.

Yesterday on Mike and Mike they were talking about this and Nike said that this is geared towards the 15-17 year old demographic. So, it will not take months, it will take years to decide. As for their stock I am willing to bet it is back up to where it was before the end of the week. I was kind of hoping it would drop a little more and I was going to buy some, but it does not seem to be the case.
15-17 year old usually need their 35+ year old parents help in buying $100+ shoes. if this is their ploy then they should fire the ad agency. if in-house, hire one.

but yea, buy in a panic cause the panic never lasts and it recovers almost every time. when the news is over then look to see if you sell and make money or keep the gamble going.

Forum List

Back