Nikki Haley showing how the GOP Establishment still doesn't get it

when the bush family and its money started to back him. plus he is owned by a few billionaire donors.

Exactly, just cos Cruz may (or may not) be the prototypical GOP candidate on immigration doesn't mean he's not ready to play ball with the corporations.

So we elect a corrupt corporate who has already stated everything on immigration is negotiable and that we only need to build half a wall now?

I don't recall any of that, tbh.

Really? Because he said those things and yet its ignored excused etc

Feel free to post such matters. I'm saying, I've not heard him say such things.

Then what in the hell did you listen to, exactly, that made you decide the nation HAD to have him for President? I literally cannot think of any way you could possibly know anything about Donald Trump sufficient to vote for him WITHOUT having heard him say these things. Did you have your fingers in your ears?

Rubio (demolished) drops out, and South Carolina governess Nikki Haley latches onto the next establishment loser, endorsing Ted Cruz. It's like she wasn't paying the fuck attention when Mitt Romney was unable to talk the people out of Trump. The people didn't want business as usual. These elites just can't face the music. Just remember this when they come knocking on your door wanting your business. Give them the finger like they're trying to give you the finger right now.

The Republican Party now consists of 3 constituencies- Conservative evangelicals- traditional Reagan Republicans- and Trump nationalists.

They have little in common.

The GOP primaries this year are more entertaining than this years Superbowl.

Well, do you see all the elites backing him? Why is that?

No, I don't see all the elites backing him.

Well, Christie didn't. But he's known to sell out the party. Maybe, some are abstaining; but the establishment wants no part of Trump.

Maybe, some are abstaining; but the establishment wants no part of Trump.

Why do you feel that makes Cruz part of the establishment?

Haven't you heard? Everybody is the establishment now if you're against The Donald, the only true RINO running for the GOP nomination. How's that for irony?

Why is Trump winning? Straight talk. No to illegal immigration. No to coddling Muslims. No to Chinese games. The GOP doesn't like this b/c they like to say one thing and do whatever the fuck they want. The entire fucking lot of reps is RINO! The people have spotted someone who will actually do sh** they want done. If Trump is also RINO at the end of the day, that's basically semantics.
Ignorance, hate, bigotry, and lies are not ‘straight talk.’

Rubio (demolished) drops out, and South Carolina governess Nikki Haley latches onto the next establishment loser, endorsing Ted Cruz. It's like she wasn't paying the fuck attention when Mitt Romney was unable to talk the people out of Trump. The people didn't want business as usual. These elites just can't face the music. Just remember this when they come knocking on your door wanting your business. Give them the finger like they're trying to give you the finger right now.

The Republican Party now consists of 3 constituencies- Conservative evangelicals- traditional Reagan Republicans- and Trump nationalists.

Actually, Reagan republicans aren’t ‘traditionalists,’ that would be Goldwater republicans.

Reagan’s ‘conservatism’ was actually an aberration, embracing the social right, government interference in citizens’ private lives, and a militaristic foreign policy – all of which conservatives once opposed, before republicans struck their Faustian bargain with Christian fundamentalists and Culture Wars radicals.

Sadly, Goldwater republicans are mostly gone, Reagan republicans are now considered ‘RINOs,’ and what few republicans left who are interested in sound, responsible governance are being attacked by reactionary extremists such a Cruz, and branded as the ‘establishment.’

Actually, Reagan republicans aren’t ‘traditionalists,’ that would be Goldwater republicans.

Reagan’s ‘conservatism’ was actually an aberration, embracing the social right, government interference in citizens’ private lives, and a militaristic foreign policy – all of which conservatives once opposed, before republicans struck their Faustian bargain with Christian fundamentalists and Culture Wars radicals.

Sadly, Goldwater republicans are mostly gone, Reagan republicans are now considered ‘RINOs,’ and what few republicans left who are interested in sound, responsible governance are being attacked by reactionary extremists such a Cruz, and branded as the ‘establishment.’

I lump Goldwater Republicans in with Reagan Republicans because by today's standards they are closer to each other than today's Evangelicals or Trump's Nationalists.

Watching Trump speak about immigration in Tucson now. He is very plain spoken; his stance is pretty undeniable. And he's mocking Cruz for being a Johnny-Come-Lately on the wall.

Lying about Cruz? Not shocking at all

He's not lying. He's saying Cruz is trying to make it an issue now whereas he hasn't been. I have no idea what he may have thought at one point; and that's sort of the point. Cruz was lying in the weeds waiting for candidates to picked off and make it to the final two and wait and see if Trump would f it up from there. The dude is a snake in the grass; nothing more.

. . . says the person who admits he didn't listen to any of the debates, because it would have been impossible to do so and not hear the things you say you never heard from Trump.

Ted Cruz authored an amicus brief to the Supreme Court in 2006 on the case of Lopez v Gonzales, advocating strict punishment of felons who enter the country illegally.
Ted Cruz introduced the Stop Amnesty Bill in 2012 to defund the Obama Administration's executive order granting amnesty to illegals under 30.
Ted Cruz, also in 2012, advocated tripling the size of the Border Patrol, opposed in-state tuition for illegals, the building of a border wall (although Cruz at least recognizes that there are places on the border which make it physically unfeasible and that border security requires a great deal more), advocated allowing police officers to question detainees on their immigration status (as Arizona does), rejected any "path to citizenship" for people in the country illegally, advocating instead that Congress use its power of the purse to stop any illegal executive orders in that direction from the President.

So no, Cruz is not the Johnny-Come-Lately on immigration. But wait. Where was Trump on the subject during that same time period?

When Trump had the Bonwit Teller building demolished to build Trump Tower, the work was done by illegal immigrants. Trump testified in court that "he didn't know anything about the hiring practices" of the subcontractors he paid for. It was alleged in that same court case that he, in fact, overlooked the hiring of illegals to bring the project in fast and under budget, and that his company threatened the illegals with deportation if they complained about conditions or the fact that they were subsequently not paid everything they were owed.
Workers on his Trump International Hotel, currently under construction, allege that much of the labor there is illegal immigrants. Trump again claims his defense is that he has no idea what the people who work for him are doing in relation to verifying legal status of workers.
Since 2006, his Mar-A-Lago Club in Florida has imported hundreds of foreign workers.
In 2012, following the election, Trump advocated a path to citizenship for illegals remarkably similar to Obama's plan.

The truth is, Trump only became hardline on immigration in 2015, and that just long enough to get the talking point out to his minions. He is now advocating "flexibility" and a "merit system" for allowing illegals to remain if they're good enough.

So you tell me: who's lying? Who's a Johnny-Come-Lately? Who's really trustworthy on this subject? And how in the hell can you be making assertions about EITHER candidate when you don't know any of this?

Cruz is establishment all the way. Pick your poison people.

Really? He is? Prove it.

Cruz is Wall Street all the way. Cruz just hired Niel Bush of the Kennebunkport Cosa Nostra and his wife for his financial team. Remember S&L? And that's just the tip of the iceberg for that son of a bitch.

Carly is now working for Ted. You know McCain's Carly. She's a Washington insider who tried playing it as an outsider until I could link her directly to the McCains.

Endorsed by Graham, Romney and Nikki Haley, Megan McCain to name but a few of the establishment.Oh and why am I throwing in Megan? Because her bully pulpit is a radio show called America Now.

Heidi worked for Condi Rice. She was also on the CFR board if I'm not mistaken. Goldman Sachs and Ted helped her with clients with the company.

Then there is his voting record.

Cecilie 1200 I was a huge fan of Senator Cruz all these years till his campaign pulled that dirty on Carson and then continued to pull dirties. I loathe his campaign manager.

So I started digging.

Cruz is establishment all the way.

Cruz is Goldman Sachs. Establishment.

Still preferable to Trump. Establishment.

I don't like liars Jake.

And that sadly what Cruz is.. Hurts my heart. Thought he was the real deal.

Hey had to make it to my third husband who was a truth teller. If you have to lie like Cruz has and strategize to give the lie of the insurgency, fuck him.

I have no use for liars. Cruz can go fuck himself.

Really? He is? Prove it.

Cruz is Wall Street all the way. Cruz just hired Niel Bush of the Kennebunkport Cosa Nostra and his wife for his financial team. Remember S&L? And that's just the tip of the iceberg for that son of a bitch.

Carly is now working for Ted. You know McCain's Carly. She's a Washington insider who tried playing it as an outsider until I could link her directly to the McCains.

Endorsed by Graham, Romney and Nikki Haley, Megan McCain to name but a few of the establishment.Oh and why am I throwing in Megan? Because her bully pulpit is a radio show called America Now.

Heidi worked for Condi Rice. She was also on the CFR board if I'm not mistaken. Goldman Sachs and Ted helped her with clients with the company.

Cecilie 1200 I was a huge fan of Senator Cruz all these years till his campaign pulled that dirty on Carson and then continued to pull dirties. I loathe his campaign manager.

So I started digging.

So basically, he's not hiring his staff by picking names at random out of the phone book, he's been - very lately - endorsed by people who have no other choice and had to be dragged to it kicking and screaming, has a 100% lifetime rating from the American Conservative Union (which earned him their endorsement for President), and the media told you that he "pulled a dirty trick on Carson", the same man Trump compared to a child molester.

Sorry, I'm not seeing "establishment". I'm seeing "I'm in the tank for Trump, and I think 'establishment' means 'someone who isn't Trump'."

Feel free to clarify, though.

I don't like liars Jake.

Hey had to make it to my third husband who was a truth teller. If you have to lie like Cruz has and strategize to give the lie of the insurgency, fuck him.

"Lie like Cruz. Liar. Liar!!!! Trump says so!!!"

Detail these "lies", if you please.

I don't like liars Jake.

Really? He is? Prove it.

So I started digging.

So basically, he's not hiring his staff by picking names at random out of the phone book, he's been - very lately - endorsed by people who have no other choice and had to be dragged to it kicking and screaming, has a 100% lifetime rating from the American Conservative Union (which earned him their endorsement for President), and the media told you that he "pulled a dirty trick on Carson", the same man Trump compared to a child molester.

Sorry, I'm not seeing "establishment". I'm seeing "I'm in the tank for Trump, and I think 'establishment' means 'someone who isn't Trump'."

You hire Niel Bush.

Best get your creds in order;

I don't like liars Jake.

I don't like Cruz, either, but he is better than Trump.

Cruz will lose but will keep the senate GOP.

Trump will lose and will lose the senate and possibly the house.

Utah is red, Republican, establishment, ad is favoring HRC over Trump at the moment.

If Utah is on the cusp, then NM and CO and FL and NC and VA and PA and OH and IL and MI and WI will go Dem.

Really? He is? Prove it.

So I started digging.

You hire Niel Bush.

Best get your creds in order;

So basically, you know ALL about Neil Bush, and he's the devil, and you hate him with the fiery passion of a thousand suns, is that it?

Mind telling me the myriad evils of Neil Bush, other than his last name, which apparently has become code word for "Aaaaaauuuuughhhhh!!!! Worst humanoids ever!!!!!" in the last two months or so? Are we talking Tony Soprano level evil, or should we actually be checking his scalp for 666?

Haven't you heard? Everybody is the establishment now if you're against The Donald, the only true RINO running for the GOP nomination. How's that for irony?

Why is Trump winning? Straight talk. No to illegal immigration. No to coddling Muslims. No to Chinese games. The GOP doesn't like this b/c they like to say one thing and do whatever the fuck they want. The entire fucking lot of reps is RINO! The people have spotted someone who will actually do sh** they want done. If Trump is also RINO at the end of the day, that's basically semantics.

Why is Trump winning? Because we have a distressingly large number of imbeciles in this country who want to be respected for their "feelz" and who want to hear simplistic answers, whether they're right or not.

How else do you explain defining Trump's flip-flopping as "straight talk"? All he's really telling you straight is that he thinks you're a bunch of idiots and he's laughing at you.

You're right to be skeptical of Trump. You should take that same skepticism and apply it to Cruz. If you vote him in, you're getting the next Dubya.

Who says I haven't? Unlike you, I'm not a worshipper, excusing - or happily oblivious to - the faults of my chosen candidate. Learn the difference between "listened and decided to support" and "decided to support and then refused to listen."

Cruz is "the next Dubya"? What does that mean? What is your proof? Please explain. I have never said anything about Trump that wasn't specific and supportable by his own words and actions. Show your work.

Dude, you don't even have to go outside this thread to know I don't worship Trump. In fact, that reality has been clear in nearly every message.

I don't have time to dig for you honestly. I'm just telling you my inclination that Cruz will give you big government like the rest. He came out trying to be strong on anti immigration and be mr. tea party and that ended up being a lie.

Exactly, just cos Cruz may (or may not) be the prototypical GOP candidate on immigration doesn't mean he's not ready to play ball with the corporations.

So we elect a corrupt corporate who has already stated everything on immigration is negotiable and that we only need to build half a wall now?

I don't recall any of that, tbh.

Really? Because he said those things and yet its ignored excused etc

Feel free to post such matters. I'm saying, I've not heard him say such things.

Then what in the hell did you listen to, exactly, that made you decide the nation HAD to have him for President? I literally cannot think of any way you could possibly know anything about Donald Trump sufficient to vote for him WITHOUT having heard him say these things. Did you have your fingers in your ears?

I never said I'm voting for Trump. I probably won't honestly. But I'm saying the GOP was corroded to the core; and that includes Cruz. He brilliantly tried to sell himself as the hardcore conservative; but he's big govt. as fuck; and I don't want to give that bozo a chance. At least Trump has came out and said no, fuck the Muslims, we know your game. Fuck China ripping us off. And fuck Mexico coming in and drying us up of services. And he's done it in no uncertain terms and without equivocating like the party always does.

No, I don't see all the elites backing him.

Well, Christie didn't. But he's known to sell out the party. Maybe, some are abstaining; but the establishment wants no part of Trump.

Ignorance, hate, bigotry, and lies are not ‘straight talk.’

Libs and tards love to shame people for having pride in their country. It doesn't work like this anywhere else in the world though. I can't up and say I want to live in Sweden (unless I'm a Muslim "refugee"). No, fuck the shell game. I'm not going to apologize for expecting propriety.

Forum List

Back