No 1st amendment in Tenn, pubs bully gays

Ya, I only entirely agree with the first one. Two, I agree with in general terms but hold my option to object should an (unnamed) specific situation arise. Third one, I don't agree with at all as I think the school should inform parents about any sexual behavior issues with their children. ...and the fourth one is like the second...

So, I personally don't think that those rationalizations would fit the general beliefs of conservatives at all.

Does with the TN leaders ob both houses who are both Republicans.
And they have run on being conservatives.
Conservatives want less government, liberals want more.
Sexual behavior at school is not the private lives of children.
If a kid is gay it is no business of the teacher, yours, mine or anyone else.
Conservatism has nothing whatsoever with your or anyone's religious beliefs.

You don't think parents should be told if their child is endangering themselves?

Being gay is not evidence of endangering themselves.

It is if they are routinely targeted, and if being gay is *dangerous* in tennessee, as you all maintain.

Make up your amoebamind.

Tennessee Republican Senate Leader Ron Ramsey when asked about the bill:
"There are some things that should be left inside the family".
Republican Governor Bill Haslam opposes the bill. Here is what he said about the bill being introduced again:
"It is sort of the same response as last year which is I'm not sure this is something that is needed"

Uh..when Ramsey said that, he was saying that the schools had no business teaching kids about homosexuality in the schools, and that they shouldn't be counseling the kids about homosexuality without telling the parents.

"I'm not sure" is not an opposition.

Besides which, THIS is the statement you're supposed to be supporting (with quotes and links, loser)..you claimed that Tennessee Republicans in both houses had stated the stupid things you listed there. I'm waiting for those quotes still.

" I believe we now have firmly established with the facts that conservatives:

1. Oppose this bill
2. Oppose any government intrusion into family matters
3. Oppose teachers or school counselors stepping into family affairs and being forced to inform any parent of any sexual orientation their child may be.
4. Believe government of any kind has no business in the private lives of others in the schools.
That sounds more like a libertarian view than a conservative view. That is what the TN Republicans in both houses up there have stated openly. "

Uh..when Ramsey said that, he was saying that the schools had no business teaching kids about homosexuality in the schools, and that they shouldn't be counseling the kids about homosexuality without telling the parents.

Besides which, THIS is the statement you're supposed to be supporting (with quotes and links, loser)..you claimed that Tennessee Republicans in both houses had stated the stupid things you listed there. I'm waiting for those quotes still.

1. Oppose this bill
3. Oppose teachers or school counselors stepping into family affairs and being forced to inform any parent of any sexual orientation their child may be.
4. Believe government of any kind has no business in the private lives of others in the schools.
That sounds more like a libertarian view than a conservative view. That is what the TN Republicans in both houses up there have stated openly. "

The bill is DOA.
Will not even make it onto the floor for debate in the Senate.
Watch and see.
This bill is not going anywhere no matter how much you love it.
Only a dumb ass believes this will pass.

1. Oppose this bill

You liar ****, that is not what Ramsay said.

Lol..well I'm sure I can just take your word for it.

You're pathetic. It's past ten, time for you to hit the bottle...

You don't think parents should be told if their child is endangering themselves?

Being gay isn't endangering them.

Yes as a matter of fact it does. I posted a link to that fact in this thread, go read it.

LMAO!.....you've stated several times in this loony, libprog paranoia thread that homo children are in danger of being beaten, abused, and thrown out of their homes by their evil parents because of their homo tendencies.

Christ, do you even think before you post?

You are undoubtedly one of the prime examples as to why you libprog idiots are only worthy of mocking and laughing at.

Too fuckin' funny!

Yes as a matter of fact it does. I posted a link to that fact in this thread, go read it.

No it isn't. Being gay isn't an endangerment, but unprotected sex is...for any sexual orientation. (Except for us lesbians, we're at the lowest risk for STDs...we must be god's chosen people :lol: )

LMAO!.....you've stated several times in this loony, libprog paranoia thread that homo children are in danger of being beaten, abused, and thrown out of their homes by their evil parents because of their homo tendencies.

You are undoubtedly one of the prime examples as to why you libprog idiots are only worthy of mocking and laughing at.

Too fuckin' funny!

and they insist that the gay kids are in terrible danger from random hate attacks by tennesseans.....

Fucking schizo..because that's not what it's about at all. They don't want parents to know they're teaching the kids to be homosexual because they DO know they are putting the kids at risk.

There's never a good reason for adults who interact with children to hide information from parents. Think about it.

Too fuckin' funny!

and they insist that the gay kids are in terrible danger from random hate attacks by tennesseans.....

Fucking schizo..because that's not what it's about at all. They don't want parents to know they're teaching the kids to be homosexual because they DO know they are putting the kids at risk.

There's never a good reason for adults who interact with children to hide information from parents. Think about it.

Why do you feel the need to make up motivations?

[

You say some looney shit. People are 'taught' to be homosexual? Like they are 'taught' to be hetrosexual? :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Of course not. She makes shit up out of whole cloth.

No it isn't. Being gay isn't an endangerment, but unprotected sex is...for any sexual orientation. (Except for us lesbians, we're at the lowest risk for STDs...we must be god's chosen people :lol: )

THE CDC supports my claim. Take it up with them.

No, they support mine.

Want to bet?

Members of the LGBT community are at increased risk for a number of health threats when compared to their heterosexual peers [1-5].

1.Mayer KH, Bradford JB, Makadon HJ, et al. Sexual and gender minority health: What we know and what needs to be done. American Journal of Public Health. 2008:98; 989-995.
2.Wolitski, RJ, Stall, R Valdiserri, RO. Eds. Unequal Opportunity: Health Disparities Affecting Gay and Bisexual Men in the United States. New York: Oxford University Press, 2008.
3.Clements NK, Marx R, Guzman R, Katz M. HIV prevalence, risk behaviors, health care use, and mental health status of transgender persons: implications for public health interventions. American Journal of Public Health. 2001;91:915-921.
4.Meyer IL, Northridge ME. Eds. The Health of Sexual Minorities: Public Health Perspectives on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Populations. New York: Springer. 2007.
5.Solarz, AL. Ed. Lesbian Health: Current Assessment and Directions for the Future. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1999.

CDC: Homosexual men account for 61% of new HIV infections but only 2% of population

CDC Facts and Statistics

From the March 10, 2010 CDC press release:

A data analysis released today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention underscores the disproportionate impact of HIV and syphilis among gay and bisexual men in the United States.

The data, presented at CDC’s 2010 National STD Prevention Conference, finds that the rate of new HIV diagnoses among men who have sex with men (MSM) is more than 44 times that of other men and more than 40 times that of women.

The range was 522-989 cases of new HIV diagnoses per 100,000 MSM vs. 12 per 100,000 other men and 13 per 100,000 women.

The rate of primary and secondary syphilis among MSM is more than 46 times that of other men and more than 71 times that of women, the analysis says. The range was 91-173 cases per 100,000 MSM vs. 2 per 100,000 other men and 1 per 100,000 women.

While CDC data have shown for several years that gay and bisexual men make up the majority of new HIV and new syphilis infections, CDC has estimated the rates of these diseases for the first time based on new estimates of the size of the U.S. population of MSM. Because disease rates account for differences in the size of populations being compared, rates provide a reliable method for assessing health disparities between populations.

“While the heavy toll of HIV and syphilis among gay and bisexual men has been long recognized, this analysis shows just how stark the health disparities are between this and other populations,” said Kevin Fenton, M.D., director of CDC’s National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention. “It is clear that we will not be able to stop the U.S. HIV epidemic until every affected community, along with health officials nationwide, prioritize the needs of gay and bisexual men with HIV prevention efforts.”

There is a misconception among health care providers and women themselves that lesbian and bisexual women have little or no risk for sexually transmitted diseases (STD). This myth is fueled by the lack of reliable studies of STD transmission in these communities.

In fact, the risk of STD transmission between women varies significantly depending on the STD. Herpes, HPV (genital wart virus), and bacterial vaginosis are transmitted fairly easily between women during sex. HIV, hepatitis B, gonorrhea, and chlamydia are much less likely to be transmitted--the risk is low but it is still possible.

The majority of lesbian and bisexual women have (or have had) sex with men, and all STDs are easily transmitted from men to women during intercourse. Often STD do not have symptoms, so it is possible for a woman to have become infected years ago and to still harbor the infection.

Last edited:
You know progressives are anti-science....look at how they howl over the thought of making abortions safer through the use of sonograms.

THE CDC supports my claim. Take it up with them.

No, they support mine.

Want to bet?

Members of the LGBT community are at increased risk for a number of health threats when compared to their heterosexual peers [1-5].

1.Mayer KH, Bradford JB, Makadon HJ, et al. Sexual and gender minority health: What we know and what needs to be done. American Journal of Public Health. 2008:98; 989-995.
2.Wolitski, RJ, Stall, R Valdiserri, RO. Eds. Unequal Opportunity: Health Disparities Affecting Gay and Bisexual Men in the United States. New York: Oxford University Press, 2008.
3.Clements NK, Marx R, Guzman R, Katz M. HIV prevalence, risk behaviors, health care use, and mental health status of transgender persons: implications for public health interventions. American Journal of Public Health. 2001;91:915-921.
4.Meyer IL, Northridge ME. Eds. The Health of Sexual Minorities: Public Health Perspectives on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Populations. New York: Springer. 2007.
5.Solarz, AL. Ed. Lesbian Health: Current Assessment and Directions for the Future. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1999.

CDC: Homosexual men account for 61% of new HIV infections but only 2% of population

CDC Facts and Statistics

From the March 10, 2010 CDC press release:

A data analysis released today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention underscores the disproportionate impact of HIV and syphilis among gay and bisexual men in the United States.

The data, presented at CDC’s 2010 National STD Prevention Conference, finds that the rate of new HIV diagnoses among men who have sex with men (MSM) is more than 44 times that of other men and more than 40 times that of women.

The range was 522-989 cases of new HIV diagnoses per 100,000 MSM vs. 12 per 100,000 other men and 13 per 100,000 women.

The rate of primary and secondary syphilis among MSM is more than 46 times that of other men and more than 71 times that of women, the analysis says. The range was 91-173 cases per 100,000 MSM vs. 2 per 100,000 other men and 1 per 100,000 women.

While CDC data have shown for several years that gay and bisexual men make up the majority of new HIV and new syphilis infections, CDC has estimated the rates of these diseases for the first time based on new estimates of the size of the U.S. population of MSM. Because disease rates account for differences in the size of populations being compared, rates provide a reliable method for assessing health disparities between populations.

“While the heavy toll of HIV and syphilis among gay and bisexual men has been long recognized, this analysis shows just how stark the health disparities are between this and other populations,” said Kevin Fenton, M.D., director of CDC’s National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention. “It is clear that we will not be able to stop the U.S. HIV epidemic until every affected community, along with health officials nationwide, prioritize the needs of gay and bisexual men with HIV prevention efforts.”

There is a misconception among health care providers and women themselves that lesbian and bisexual women have little or no risk for sexually transmitted diseases (STD). This myth is fueled by the lack of reliable studies of STD transmission in these communities.

In fact, the risk of STD transmission between women varies significantly depending on the STD. Herpes, HPV (genital wart virus), and bacterial vaginosis are transmitted fairly easily between women during sex. HIV, hepatitis B, gonorrhea, and chlamydia are much less likely to be transmitted--the risk is low but it is still possible.

The majority of lesbian and bisexual women have (or have had) sex with men, and all STDs are easily transmitted from men to women during intercourse. Often STD do not have symptoms, so it is possible for a woman to have become infected years ago and to still harbor the infection.

You didn't disprove my claim, but proved it. Unprotected sex is dangerous, not being gay.

Sounds dangerous to me:

"A data analysis released today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention underscores the disproportionate impact of HIV and syphilis among gay and bisexual men in the United States.

"The data, presented at CDC’s 2010 National STD Prevention Conference, finds that the rate of new HIV diagnoses among men who have sex with men (MSM) is more than 44 times that of other men and more than 40 times that of women."

However, we were talking about hate crimes and bullying. Not necessarily disease.

And homosexual kids are in danger (says the homo bloc) of being targeted/bullied/attacked.

So it's very important their parents be advised in order to best protect them from dangerous Tennesseeans.

Forum List

Back