No 1st amendment in Tenn, pubs bully gays

I believe we now have firmly established with the facts that conservatives:

1. Oppose this bill
2. Oppose any government intrusion into family matters
3. Oppose teachers or school counselors stepping into family affairs and being forced to inform any parent of any sexual orientation their child may be.
4. Believe government of any kind has no business in the private lives of others in the schools.

That sounds more like a libertarian view than a conservative view.

Traditional conservative views are libertarian, actually.

Its when when "conservatism" was taken over by social cons and evangelicals that they became statists.

1. Oppose this bill
3. Oppose teachers or school counselors stepping into family affairs and being forced to inform any parent of any sexual orientation their child may be.
4. Believe government of any kind has no business in the private lives of others in the schools.

Ya, I only entirely agree with the first one. Two, I agree with in general terms but hold my option to object should an (unnamed) specific situation arise. Third one, I don't agree with at all as I think the school should inform parents about any sexual behavior issues with their children. ...and the fourth one is like the second...

So, I personally don't think that those rationalizations would fit the general beliefs of conservatives at all.

Does with the TN leaders ob both houses who are both Republicans.
And they have run on being conservatives.
Conservatives want less government, liberals want more.
Sexual behavior at school is not the private lives of children.
If a kid is gay it is no business of the teacher, yours, mine or anyone else.
Conservatism has nothing whatsoever with your or anyone's religious beliefs.

1. Oppose this bill

Its when when "conservatism" was taken over by social cons and evangelicals that they became statists.

I am old enough to know that, kg and others here are products of their religious beliefs being carried over into their politics.
Goldwater stood up decades ago in the Senate and called for open service of gays and lesbians in the military.
Why?
Because that is what a true conservative does.
Wannabe conservatives are sissies that are so confused about their own sexuality they have to have someone to bully around.
Gays are the modern day ******* to them.

1. Oppose this bill

uh huh.

Go ahead and link the tennessee republicans' statements.

I posted them VERBATIM.
They are all over the internet. If you are too lazy to find them that is your fault.
But tell you what. Will you apologize and admit you are a bigot as soon as I post them and they are verbatim what I stated?
They both stated that this is a family issue and Campfield's bill was an intrusion into the private affairs of the family.
So will you admit you are a bigot as soon as I post them?

I am old enough to know that, kg and others here are products of their religious beliefs being carried over into their politics.
Goldwater stood up decades ago in the Senate and called for open service of gays and lesbians in the military.
Why?
Because that is what a true conservative does.
Wannabe conservatives are sissies that are so confused about their own sexuality they have to have someone to bully around.
Gays are the modern day ******* to them.

Are you going to quote the Tennessee Republicans' statements? Or are you just going to keep spouting nonsense?

Go ahead and link the tennessee republicans' statements.

I posted them VERBATIM.
They are all over the internet. If you are too lazy to find them that is your fault.
But tell you what. Will you apologize and admit you are a bigot as soon as I post them and they are verbatim what I stated?
They both stated that this is a family issue and Campfield's bill was an intrusion into the private affairs of the family.
So will you admit you are a bigot as soon as I post them?

This is what you said, and this is what you can go ahead and link:

1. Oppose this bill

That sounds more like a libertarian view than a conservative view. That is what the TN Republicans in both houses up there have stated openly.

Incidentally, crimes against homosexuals have declined significantly in Tennessee since 2009...when they stopped forcing homosexuality upon school kids via "sex education".

But you guys go ahead and keep fighting to exploit those little gay kids. And you think we think of them as expendable...

Incidentally, crimes against homosexuals have declined significantly in Tennessee since 2009...when they stopped forcing homosexuality upon school kids via "sex education".

But you guys go ahead and keep fighting to exploit those little gay kids. And you think we think of them as expendable...

And naturally you have a link to support your claim?

They went from 52 (2009) to 42 (2011). Considering that Tennessee's population it about 6.5 million people that means it went from 0.8 per 100,000 people to 0.646153846 per 100,000 people. A difference of about 0.16 per 100,000.

http://www.tbi.tn.gov/tn_crime_stats/publications/2011 Hate Crime.pdf

>>>>

Last edited:
You should know better than to ask. I always have supporting evidence for the things I say. Unlike some others I could name:

"The FBI says the level of hate crime reported by police around the country remained about the same in 2010 compared with the previous year.The bureau says just over 6,600 hate crime incidents were reported to the FBI, up by just 24 incidents over 2009.Tennessee apparently doing much better than the national average.Kristin Helm, a spokesperson for the The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, says hate crimes in Tennessee decreased by about 20 percent from 2009 levels."

Tenn. Hate Crime Stats Beat National Average | WMOT

1. Oppose this bill

Ya, I only entirely agree with the first one. Two, I agree with in general terms but hold my option to object should an (unnamed) specific situation arise. Third one, I don't agree with at all as I think the school should inform parents about any sexual behavior issues with their children. ...and the fourth one is like the second...

So, I personally don't think that those rationalizations would fit the general beliefs of conservatives at all.

You don't think parents should be told if their child is endangering themselves?

No, they don't. They think that a child's suicidal ideations and bullying against homosexual kids should be hidden from parents. They also think the schools should ignore mandatory reporting laws and hide children's sex abuse from the parents as well.

No, they don't. They think that a child's suicidal ideations and bullying against homosexual kids should be hidden from parents. They also think the schools should ignore mandatory reporting laws and hide children's sex abuse from the parents as well.

Here I thought the left cared about kids, well at least the ones that escaped the abortionist.

You should know better than to ask. I always have supporting evidence for the things I say. Unlike some others I could name:

"The FBI says the level of hate crime reported by police around the country remained about the same in 2010 compared with the previous year.The bureau says just over 6,600 hate crime incidents were reported to the FBI, up by just 24 incidents over 2009.Tennessee apparently doing much better than the national average.Kristin Helm, a spokesperson for the The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, says hate crimes in Tennessee decreased by about 20 percent from 2009 levels."

Tenn. Hate Crime Stats Beat National Average | WMOT

You realize that not all hate crimes involve sexual orientation right?

The TN Hate Crime Report for 2011 identifies the following bias areas Racial, Ethnicity/National Origin, Religious, Sexual, and Disability. The number of hate crimes actually increased in TN between 2009 and 2011.

They went from 52 (2009) to 42 (2011). Considering that Tennessee's population it about 6.5 million people that means it went from 0.8 per 100,000 people to 0.646153846 per 100,000 people. A difference of about 0.16 per 100,000.

>>>>

She was using 2009. From 2008 there were 8 fewer. Hardly significant. There was a significant drop from 2009 to 10, but it doubled in 2011.

2011 42

2010 23

2009 53

Also she did not provide proof that not providing same sax sex Ed was the cause of the slightly fewer from 2008 to 2009.

You don't think parents should be told if their child is endangering themselves?

Being gay isn't endangering them.

Sure it is, according to you. Hate crime is a real threat. So if they're openly gay at school, they're in danger...ESPECIALLY in tennessee.

According to you.

>>>>

She was using 2009. From 2008 there were 8 fewer. Hardly significant. There was a significant drop from 2009 to 10, but it doubled in 2011.

2011 42

2010 23

2009 53

Also she did not provide proof that not providing same sax sex Ed was the cause of the slightly fewer from 2008 to 2009.

Just a technical correction, the 53 in 2009 included one anti-heterosexual incident so that wouldn't be included in the reduction of LGBT incidents.

Carry on.

>>>>

Forum List

Back