No Federal Charges Against Officers In Tamir Rice Shooting.

Yeah - And they couldn't have parked 100 feet away, got on the loudspeaker and told the kid to drop the gun and put his hands in the air? NONSENSE

I used to be a huge fan of the show C.0.P.S. Not once have I ever seen police do that. I haven't even seen that by police officers in my own city. You watch too many movies.

Yeah - And they couldn't have parked 100 feet away, got on the loudspeaker and told the kid to drop the gun and put his hands in the air? NONSENSE

I used to be a huge fan of the show C.0.P.S. Not once have I ever seen police do that. I haven't even seen that by police officers in my own city. You watch too many movies.

Gimme a break, they shot this kid at near point blank. What I described happens ALL the time - and no, not just on TeeVee.

I'll make the question more clear. Why did the police deliberately place themselves in direct proximity to the supposed lethal gun?

It's called police procedure. It's how they were trained. Did you ever fire a gun before in your life? The more distance you have between you and the target with a handgun, the less accurate your shot will be. In fact surveys showed that police only hit their target four out of ten shots. If police stopped 100 feet from the suspect, he's going to run. Then you have a potential kook running through the streets armed with a gun.

Gimme a break, they shot this kid at near point blank. What I described happens ALL the time - and no, not just on TeeVee.

You have yet to show the police shooting response to a person drawing a gun from his pants, is illegal.

Come one, pony it up!

It only happens on TV. That's not real life. Watch episodes of COPS and you'll see how they approach that situation.

I'll make the question more clear. Why did the police deliberately place themselves in direct proximity to the supposed lethal gun?

It's called police procedure. It's how they were trained. Did you ever fire a gun before in your life? The more distance you have between you and the target with a handgun, the less accurate your shot will be. In fact surveys showed that police only hit their target four out of ten shots. If police stopped 100 feet from the suspect, he's going to run. Then you have a potential kook running through the streets armed with a gun.

There would have been no need to fire from 100 feet away. You're just getting more and more ridiculous. To you feel that the choking murder of Eric Garner for selling loosies was self defense as well?

Jesus H - We can be done here

There would have been no need to fire from 100 feet away. You're just getting more and more ridiculous. To you feel that the choking murder of Eric Garner for selling loosies was self defense as well?

Jesus H - We can be done here

Garner didn't die of choking, he died of a heart attack, brought on by overt resisting a lawful arrest, fighting off a half dozen men. The fool even said loudly said that he was going to resist arrest, having been arrested numerous times already for his illegal activity.

He was alive and breathing when they put the super fat idiot into the ambulance.

Last edited:

Post the segment where they did anything even mildly resembling what happened here.

Dude who made the decision to drive within 10 feet and shoot him 1.5 seconds later was attempting to play badass.
Apparently Ray likes badasses

No, it was raining that day and the car slid on the grass. The officer was approaching the suspect quickly expecting him to run. So he positioned the car sideways to the rec center because if the suspect was going to run, he wouldn't run towards the rec center where other children were. He wanted to block off that path.

Dude who made the decision to drive within 10 feet and shoot him 1.5 seconds later was attempting to play badass.
Apparently Ray likes badasses

No, it was raining that day and the car slid on the grass. The officer was approaching the suspect quickly expecting him to run. So he positioned the car sideways to the rec center because if the suspect was going to run, he wouldn't run towards the rec center where other children were. He wanted to block off that path.

Ray, it's okay - Just admit it ... You like badasses!

What those two policemen did is no different than a sniper shooting the kid from a far distance.

If they were afraid he would run, they should have waited a few minutes for backup.

CLEVELAND (WJW)– The U.S. Department of Justice closed its independent investigation into the deadly shooting of 12-year-old Tamir Rice.

The Justice Department said it found insufficient evidence to support federal criminal charges against Cleveland Division of Police Officers Timothy Loehmann and Frank Garmback. Rice’s family was notified of the decision on Monday.

“Although Tamir Rice’s death is tragic, the evidence does not meet these substantial evidentiary requirements. In light of this, and for the reasons explained below, career federal prosecutors with both the Civil Rights Division and the U.S. Attorney’s Office concluded that this matter is not a prosecutable violation of the federal statutes,” the DOJ said in a news release on Tuesday.

The DOJ said video of the incident is time-lapsed, grainy and doesn’t have audio so Rice’s hands are not visible at relevant times. Federal investigators also said Loehmann and Garmback gave several statements and consistently repeated main points.

Rice was shot and killed at Cudell Recreation Center on West Boulevard in Cleveland on Nov. 22, 2014 after a person called 911 reporting seeing a person with a gun. The caller said the individual was, “probably a juvenile” and the gun was, “probably fake.” That information was not passed along to the officers, according to the investigation.

Police said Loehmann opened fire when he said the boy reached towards his waistband. The gun turned out to be an airsoft pistol.

Loehmann was fired from the Cleveland Division of Police in 2017 for lying on his police application, not the deadly shooting. His termination, though appealed, was upheld by the Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court.

There is a divide on whether the officer was in his right to shoot the 5'9" 195lbs 12 year old. It's mostly divided on party lines: the cop haters vs the cop supporters. In spite of the grand jury ruling not to indict officer Loehmann, the city still made his mother rich by handing her 5 million taxpayer dollars, which could have been used for much better things for the citizens. Now, this is a second ruling that the officers did nothing illegal, while some will say Loehmann was still wrong. Before the cop haters chime in and say the kid only had a toy, here is a picture of the real gun, and the replica the toy was made from. Can you tell the difference, especially in a split seconds time?

View attachment 434890
Only a fucking moron would be for the police killing of children holding toy guns.
I agree. Cops should never knowingly shoot a kid who has a toy gun, but if he doesnt know its a toy then all bets are off, obviously.

CLEVELAND (WJW)– The U.S. Department of Justice closed its independent investigation into the deadly shooting of 12-year-old Tamir Rice.

The Justice Department said it found insufficient evidence to support federal criminal charges against Cleveland Division of Police Officers Timothy Loehmann and Frank Garmback. Rice’s family was notified of the decision on Monday.

“Although Tamir Rice’s death is tragic, the evidence does not meet these substantial evidentiary requirements. In light of this, and for the reasons explained below, career federal prosecutors with both the Civil Rights Division and the U.S. Attorney’s Office concluded that this matter is not a prosecutable violation of the federal statutes,” the DOJ said in a news release on Tuesday.

The DOJ said video of the incident is time-lapsed, grainy and doesn’t have audio so Rice’s hands are not visible at relevant times. Federal investigators also said Loehmann and Garmback gave several statements and consistently repeated main points.

Rice was shot and killed at Cudell Recreation Center on West Boulevard in Cleveland on Nov. 22, 2014 after a person called 911 reporting seeing a person with a gun. The caller said the individual was, “probably a juvenile” and the gun was, “probably fake.” That information was not passed along to the officers, according to the investigation.

Police said Loehmann opened fire when he said the boy reached towards his waistband. The gun turned out to be an airsoft pistol.

Loehmann was fired from the Cleveland Division of Police in 2017 for lying on his police application, not the deadly shooting. His termination, though appealed, was upheld by the Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court.

There is a divide on whether the officer was in his right to shoot the 5'9" 195lbs 12 year old. It's mostly divided on party lines: the cop haters vs the cop supporters. In spite of the grand jury ruling not to indict officer Loehmann, the city still made his mother rich by handing her 5 million taxpayer dollars, which could have been used for much better things for the citizens. Now, this is a second ruling that the officers did nothing illegal, while some will say Loehmann was still wrong. Before the cop haters chime in and say the kid only had a toy, here is a picture of the real gun, and the replica the toy was made from. Can you tell the difference, especially in a split seconds time?

View attachment 434890
Only a fucking moron would be for the police killing of children holding toy guns.

End of discussion.
Why is it the end of the discussion? Your childish expectation that cops will always instantly know when they are dealing with a toy gun is prepostorous just plain fucking dumb.

The cop was warned over the radio that there was a teen waving a fake pistol. What's more egregious here is the fact that the cop shot him as he was opening the door getting out of the car. Barely two seconds after they arrived. The boy never leveled the toy at the officer. The officer just fired and that was it.

What difference does it make how quickly he pulled out his gun? If the kid was pulling out the replica as soon as the officer was exiting the vehicle, what did you expect him to do? If every cop waited until a gun was pointed at them first before firing, we'd have a lot more dead cops in our country.

Irrelevant. The kid never leveled the toy gun at the officer. What reason did the officer have for firing, especially as he was getting out of the car? There was no danger to the officer's life. He knew the second they pulled up to the site that he was going to shoot the kid. As a cop, you're supposed to demonstrate judgement. This cop didn't. He should spend the rest of his life in prison. His partner should be fired and never be allowed near a badge of any kind for the rest of his life. Sadly, neither will happen.
Christ, could you fucking people ever get the actually facts of one of these cases right? Every single time your perception of what happened is WAY off.

What those two policemen did is no different than a sniper shooting the kid from a far distance.

If they were afraid he would run, they should have waited a few minutes for backup.
You dont wait while an armed person is pointing a gun at people in a park. Their job is to protect the civilians there.

Forum List

Back