No Indictment in Eric Garner Case

Poor woman had to watch and plead with the bastards to release him. She watched her husband slowly murdered. This isn't justice. Anyone who claims it is, is far too gone to reason with.
Que sera sera. It was unfortunate but the guy should have obeyed the police and let himself be cuffed. But go ahead and take up for the lawbreakers.

He didn't deserve a death sentence. The Cop should have been held accountable. He murdered an innocent man right in front of his wife. She begged him to release him. This is not justice.

The cop had no way of knowing this guy was already on borrowed time.
The fat guy knew it full and well that he was in no condition for combat,yet he chose to resist.
Did the cop over react? Maybe,but I dont believe he intended to kill the guy and thats what the GJ looks at.
I wouldnt have been opposed to some form of punishment but that would be circumventing the law,because the fact remains...it was an accident.
He should have been at least charged with manslaughter since the chokehold is against NYPD rules.

And the guy didn't resist arrest. He simply asked the cops to quit harassing him.

Passive resistance is still resistance,and that the cops had previous dealings with him was obvious.
It sucks that he died,but he had a lot to do with his own death.
Look at it this way,the cop and the dept will get the shit sued out of em and that cops life is pretty much screwed. I'll call that justice all things considered.
Some things never change if the dead guy is black.....

I still do not see this question answered:

Are cops supposed to just let people go once they resist arrest?

No. But in this case, look at the force being used on a guy who was selling loose cigarettes (an activity that is quite common and was perfectly legal prior to Obama's regulatory machine making it illegal in 2010). Why are the police involved in minor infractions against petty regulations? Not every offense deserves a SWAT Team.

Over some damn cigarettes. An innocent man is dead. There has to be accountability. I can't blame people for being angry. Their anger is justified.

It sucks the guy died.
But I can apply your "Over some damn cigarettes" statement to the deceased.
He wanted to throw down with the police "Over some damn cigarettes"?
I dont understand the propensity blacks have for resisting arrest for minor offenses,it makes no damn sense.
When all this crap started I was on the fat guys side. But after thinking about it and putting myself in the black guys shoes? Not anymore...I wouldnt have been illegally selling cigs on the street and I would have complied immediately and put my hands behind my back.

I see the episode as an unfortunate accident-----the man
who died was TOO BIG-----and he resisted arrest-----
the cop who restrained him was too little to restrain that
big guy without using all the force he could muster.
I did not perceive that episode as some monster cop
choking an infant to death--------who wuddah thunk that the
big big guy would go down???
LOL! The guy was fat so it is his own fault he's dead and the little cop had no choice but to kill him.

Over some damn cigarettes. An innocent man is dead. There has to be accountability. I can't blame people for being angry. Their anger is justified.

It sucks the guy died.
I dont understand the propensity blacks have for resisting arrest for minor offenses,it makes no damn sense.
When all this crap started I was on the fat guys side. But after thinking about it and putting myself in the black guys shoes? Not anymore...I wouldnt have been illegally selling cigs on the street and I would have complied immediately and put my hands behind my back.

You dont even stop to wonder WHY the cop had to restrain the guy in the first place. You just say "welp, the little guy had trouble restraining him sooooo he put him in a choke hold with 5 guys on top of him because...well, yanno"

It sucks the guy died.

What on the video did you see anything about loose cigs?

Oh you would've gladly went to jail for a loose cigarette charge? Sure you would've sir...In Hypotheticalville

Holy Shit!!! Thats what he was being arrested for!!
And if you're going to jail why the hell would you want to add resisting arrest to the charges!
The dude was breaking the law and knew it. Whether or not it's a stupid law is immaterial,which by the way I believe it is a stupid law.
The cops are paid to enforce all laws,once they tell you you're under arrest it doesnt matter if it's for shoplifting or murder,you're under arrest period.

The contradiction of the left is that they want to inject government into every little aspect of our lives and mandate that the police confront us all the time over everything—and then they scream when some of those confrontations go wrong. In this way, they are not only hoping for a new series of contentious, racially charged killings. By extending the reach of government and the omnipresence of police power in our lives, they are creating the conditions that make those cases inevitable....

Whenever someone fails to be specific and uses words like "everything" "every little aspect" you have to wonder what type of person uses such broad generalizations?

A liar

You are blinded by your faith in Big Government.

Too bad. So Sad.

Then make the argument for why specifics are terrible then.

No one wants anything in every part of their life but I'm interested in hearing why details are meaningless

The guy didn't die from a head lock. He was diabetic, hog fat overweight, had other health problems and resisted arrest.

You're right, he didnt die from a head lock he died from a choke hold that was ruled a homicide by the coroner. But this case like every other case...What does homicide really mean anyway? Whats a chokehold? He was fat doesnt that count? What was his GPA? Etc etc etc
He was not choked to death Idiot.

If he could talk he wasn't being choked.

The stress of the situation most likely killed the fat fuck just as his next walk up a flight of stairs could have and the stress of the situation was entirely his own fault.

It sucks the guy died.

Oh you would've gladly went to jail for a loose cigarette charge? Sure you would've sir...In Hypotheticalville

He was being arrested? Woow you see all kinds of things not in the tape huh?

And if you're going to jail why the hell would you want to add resisting arrest to the charges!

Was he going to jail? Did you see that too on the video?

The dude was breaking the law and knew it. Whether or not it's a stupid law is immaterial,which by the way I believe it is a stupid law.

Another thing you saw that must be hidden in that video orrrrrrrrrr you are just repeating what the police said and the video is a lie

The cops are paid to enforce all laws,once they tell you you're under arrest it doesnt matter if it's for shoplifting or murder,you're under arrest period.

I'm sorry, did you hear that also? I didnt but I admit I could be wrong

The guy didn't die from a head lock. He was diabetic, hog fat overweight, had other health problems and resisted arrest.

You're right, he didnt die from a head lock he died from a choke hold that was ruled a homicide by the coroner. But this case like every other case...What does homicide really mean anyway? Whats a chokehold? He was fat doesnt that count? What was his GPA? Etc etc etc

The stress of the situation most likely killed the fat fuck just as his next walk up a flight of stairs could have and the stress of the situation was entirely his own fault.

I know the coroner obviously doesnt know anything about causes of death and stuff. :rolleyes: I mean what is a coroner anyway? Dead people....pbbbbt :rolleyes:

Poor woman had to watch and plead with the bastards to release him. She watched her husband slowly murdered. This isn't justice. Anyone who claims it is, is far too gone to reason with.
Que sera sera. It was unfortunate but the guy should have obeyed the police and let himself be cuffed. But go ahead and take up for the lawbreakers.

He didn't deserve a death sentence. The Cop should have been held accountable. He murdered an innocent man right in front of his wife. She begged him to release him. This is not justice.

The cop had no way of knowing this guy was already on borrowed time.
The fat guy knew it full and well that he was in no condition for combat,yet he chose to resist.
Did the cop over react? Maybe,but I dont believe he intended to kill the guy and thats what the GJ looks at.
I wouldnt have been opposed to some form of punishment but that would be circumventing the law,because the fact remains...it was an accident.
He should have been at least charged with manslaughter since the chokehold is against NYPD rules.

And the guy didn't resist arrest. He simply asked the cops to quit harassing him.

Criminally negligent homicide, at least. Or at least, let a jury decide. The grand jury is not supposed to decide the case; they are supposed to decide if there are reasonable grounds to be a case.
And they decided there wasn't.

The fact is there were too many factors to determine exactly what or who caused this guy's death.

We know he wasn't choked to death, if he died of a heart attack hours after then who's fault is that? All the cops? One cop? Some of the cops but not others?

'The time for remorse was when my husband was yelling to breathe': Eric Garner's widow lashes out at NYPD cop who put her husband in fatal chokehold

Esaw Garner shouted her fiery statement during a press conference after a grand jury in Staten Island decided not to indict Officer Daniel Pantaleo, who offered his condolences to the Garner family for their loss. 'No, I do not accept his apology,' the widow said, standing next to Rev. Al Sharpton. 'I could care less about his condolences. My husband is 6 feet under.'

Eric Garner's widow shouted two fiery words of rebuke when asked if she accepted words of condolence from the cop who killed her husband with a chokehold: “Hell no!”

Hours after the Daily News was the first to inform Esaw Garner of the grand jury’s decision not to indict Officer Daniel Pantaleo, she clearly wanted no part of the cop.

“The time for remorse was when my husband was yelling to breathe,” she said,referring to Eric Garner’s last words. “That would have been the time for him to show some remorse or some type of care for another human being’s life.

After Pantaleo was cleared by the Staten Island grand jury, the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association released a statement on the cop’s behalf.

“I hope that they will accept my personal condolences for their loss,” he said.

Read More:
NYPD cop in Eric Garner chokehold death not indicted - NY Daily News
DRUDGE REPORT 2014

Yup and from what I understand he died FOUR HOURS LATER. Thats gotta be one hell of a choke hold.

No. But in this case, look at the force being used on a guy who was selling loose cigarettes (an activity that is quite common and was perfectly legal prior to Obama's regulatory machine making it illegal in 2010). Why are the police involved in minor infractions against petty regulations? Not every offense deserves a SWAT Team.
It wasn't selling of cigarettes that got him taken down it was him slapping at the cops while resisting arrest.

Everyone knows you do not lay a hand on a cop.

I know the coroner obviously doesnt know anything about causes of death and stuff. :rolleyes: I mean what is a coroner anyway? Dead people....pbbbbt :rolleyes:

You show me where it says he died of manual strangulation.

In the Ferguson case there were questions. There was conflicting witness testimony, conflicting forensic evidence ect ect.

In this one we WATCHED the cops put a chokehold on this man. The city coroner declared it a homicide. WTF? And there will not even be a trial? The grand jury cannot convict someone. They just determine whether or not there will be a trial.

This is fucking nuts. If anyone wonders why some cops become such assholes and petty tyrants, here is the reason. Because they CAN and because they are not held accountable for their actions.

And the suggestion about all cops wearing cameras is obviously a waste of time.

It sucks the guy died.

He was being arrested? Woow you see all kinds of things not in the tape huh?

Was he going to jail? Did you see that too on the video?

Another thing you saw that must be hidden in that video orrrrrrrrrr you are just repeating what the police said and the video is a lie

I'm sorry, did you hear that also? I didnt but I admit I could be wrong

I cant believe you spent the time to type this bullshit.
And I'm equally disappointed in myself for reading it. :cuckoo:

It wasn't selling of cigarettes that got him taken down it was him slapping at the cops while resisting arrest.

Everyone knows you do not lay a hand on a cop.

Of course he shouldn't have done that. Garner contributed to his own death. My point is that the proximate cause is a petty regulation that turned an innocuous activity into a police matter.

Hell of a choke hold that kill someone four hours later.

The city coroner called it a homicide. Damages done by a choke hold do not always kill immediately. But teh coroner says the choke hold killed this man. And the grand jury says there needn't even be a trial????

In the Ferguson case there were questions. There was conflicting witness testimony, conflicting forensic evidence ect ect.

In this one we WATCHED the cops put a chokehold on this man. The city coroner declared it a homicide. WTF? And there will not even be a trial? The grand jury cannot convict someone. They just determine whether or not there will be a trial.

This is fucking nuts. If anyone wonders why some cops become such assholes and petty tyrants, here is the reason. Because they CAN and because they are not held accountable for their actions.

And the suggestion about all cops wearing cameras is obviously a waste of time.

What needs to happen is he needs to be fired for violating protocol. I can see why he was not indicted, he was trying to subdue someone lawfully and used a banned technique, but he HAS to be fired.

The police have to realize that they are not above the law, or at least not above departmental procedure.

It sucks the guy died.

LOL! The guy was fat so it is his own fault he's dead and the little cop had no choice but to kill him.

no, jerk-------the guy was VERY BIG-----both tall and fat----he LOOKED like he could squash---------the cop

I am fat (well-----about 15 lbs overweight for my tiny height---
--------uhm----like a bit over 5 ' ) no one would find me
intimidating at all--------or have a problem restraining me

Forum List

Back