No Joke, Trump Just Said the Federal Government is Going to Talk to Hollywood...

Yes. So they say. I haven't seen it.

No one has seen it, but that doesn't prevent the Right from being victimized by it.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/08/movie-about-killing-deplorables-under-question-after-mass-shootings/

"Promotion for an upcoming horror movie starring Hilary Swank — in which a group of elite liberals are tasked with killing “deplorables” — has been put on hold following the trio of mass shootings."

Gee...

Wonder WHY the right are acting like victims?

Because they haven't seen it. How do you know a deplorable doesn't turn the tables, killed the elites, and get the girl?

Of course they do, it happens in every movie of this genre, this is not anything new.

Like this one...

Surviving the Game (1994) - IMDb

or this one...

Hard Target (1993) - IMDb

It's true, even after the shootings Hollywood is still working on the movie about leftists hunting down republicans. Their wet dream, however an obvious fantasy as usual. We know how that would play out in the real world.

you are such a liar. This genre has been around for decades, it is nothing new and the people being hunted always win in the end.

You Trumpians are such wimpy little snowflakes.

No one has seen it, but that doesn't prevent the Right from being victimized by it.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/08/movie-about-killing-deplorables-under-question-after-mass-shootings/

"Promotion for an upcoming horror movie starring Hilary Swank — in which a group of elite liberals are tasked with killing “deplorables” — has been put on hold following the trio of mass shootings."

Gee...

The deplorables in the movie play the hero, and the elites the villains.

If the movie's over-arching goal was to make people piss and whine like idiots, in general, they've accomplished that without even releasing the movie.

how does that prevent the 'deplorables' from being the victims?

If the movie were about the klan hunting down blacks, whether the blacks won or lost, would it still be 'satire'?

While leaving the White House just now Trump stopped to answer some questions, and when asked about the violence in movies contributing to gun violence, he said that Republicans are treated badly in Hollywood and the movies and the federal government is going to talk to them about that.

:disbelief:

So Trump doesn't like Hollywood being able to express their rights to freedom of speech?...

What in the hell is wrong with this man?

What in the hell is wrong with Hollywood. Not even Star Wars was spared from their bigotry. They are systematically ruining every great story that people have come up with. Thor is now a woman, James Bond a black woman, and mermaid a black woman.

It's becoming harder and harder to find a movie that does not promote anti-American views, let alone sheer insanity. Someone with a clue should have a talk with them.

Star Wars is bigotry because of what? A female Jedi and a Black leading man?

Thor isn't a woman, and more than he was a frog or any other version. They were simply ones that were deemed worthy enough to wield Mjolnir. Your post is the product of a person spouting off about something you have little knowledge about.

There are TONS of movies about promoting America. American Sniper, Red Dawn, 13 Hours... how many examples you want?

Gee...

If the movie's over-arching goal was to make people piss and whine like idiots, in general, they've accomplished that without even releasing the movie.

how does that prevent the 'deplorables' from being the victims?

If the movie were about the klan hunting down blacks, whether the blacks won or lost, would it still be 'satire'?
When black people star in and watch movies where slavery is portrayed, they're not automatically butthurt like you're doing, Will.

They wait and see the movie, and see how they're portrayed, because life isn't the partisan fairy-tale in the partisan's little peabrain

It's true, even after the shootings Hollywood is still working on the movie about leftists hunting down republicans. Their wet dream, however an obvious fantasy as usual. We know how that would play out in the real world.

you are such a liar. This genre has been around for decades, it is nothing new and the people being hunted always win in the end.

That's absolutely not correct. I have seen bunch of that kind of films, they are not usually political.

And I can assure you, the hunted won't win this one.

In the aftermath of the mass murders, who is the bigger victim - the Righties due to the promotion of a movie being pulled, or the Rightie who was arrested for going into a Walmart with body armor, an AR-15, and 100 rounds of ammo?

Gee...

Because they haven't seen it. How do you know a deplorable doesn't turn the tables, killed the elites, and get the girl?

We know they do.

Script #83B

names changed to try to make it interesting

That's absolutely not correct. I have seen bunch of that kind of films, they are not usually political.

How much are you willing to bet on that?

Idiocracy was a good movie.

What's that other one, with Rowdy Roddy Piper and the aliens that are brainwashing everyone?

Also for those of you that didn't live through the 1980's... this was a big deal back then and the government spent millions of dollars to study the effects of violence in movies, tv, video games, and other media, only to have the results comes back being something other than they wanted. Results found that none of the forms of media played any kind of role in inciting violence. Amazingly they found that most people know Dungeons & Dragons isn't real and if you crawl into the sewer there aren't any dragons down there.

Who could forget Zappa on Capitol Hill.

Frank Zappa at Senate Hearing | C-SPAN.org

Right? I'm more worried about Twitter allowing the murder of Republican congressmen to be trending.
Oh wait, isnt Hollywood about to release a movie about the hunting of the Republican designated deplorables?
Its fucking sick
Isn't that a satire?

It appears it's a movie about "elitists" hunting non-elites and the good guys are clearly not the elitists. This is just another lie by the right.

How much are you willing to bet on that?

A republican winning in a hollywood movie?

I bet my life wife children and property.

The government sure as hell "talked to Hollywood" when Hollywood was discriminating against the Communists and Jews, didn't they?

after Dirty Harry came out in 1979, the rush for .44 Mags swept to country.

When S&W produced the 629 in 79 I bought one to bookend my pre 29 1956 5 screw ... not because of Hollywood.

glad I did too.

In the aftermath of the mass murders, who is the bigger victim - the Righties due to the promotion of a movie being pulled, or the Rightie who was arrested for going into a Walmart with body armor, an AR-15, and 100 rounds of ammo?

Well let's just be honest, Trump and the Republicans are blaming it on fictional media to try and deflect from the REAL reports that one of the mass shooters was encouraged by Trump's REAL messages that immigrants are cockroaches, murderers, rapists, and other types of criminals.

Good deal, more tits, less blood Mr. President! More tits.

</sarcasm>

Cereally though, he'll probably suggest hunting illegal Mexicans in those people hunting people movies!

But they can't win.

That's been done by CSI Miami years ago.

Also for those of you that didn't live through the 1980's... this was a big deal back then and the government spent millions of dollars to study the effects of violence in movies, tv, video games, and other media, only to have the results comes back being something other than they wanted. Results found that none of the forms of media played any kind of role in inciting violence. Amazingly they found that most people know Dungeons & Dragons isn't real and if you crawl into the sewer there aren't any dragons down there.
That's what most people don't understand - is that they're projecting that there's some magical point in a movie or video game where they'd suddenly snap or something. The ones who feel like this should seek help just from thinking that at all - seems like they're projecting some sort of angst.

Forum List

Back