No Joke, Trump Just Said the Federal Government is Going to Talk to Hollywood...

While leaving the White House just now Trump stopped to answer some questions, and when asked about the violence in movies contributing to gun violence, he said that Republicans are treated badly in Hollywood and the movies and the federal government is going to talk to them about that.

:disbelief:

So Trump doesn't like Hollywood being able to express their rights to freedom of speech?...

What in the hell is wrong with this man?
Freedom of speech works both ways. Many people in Hollywood don't understand that concept.

Freedom of speech is one thing. Good thing there is no obligation to listen.
Yes, that's a good thing, agree. It's also a good thing to have the liberty to speak freely. Too bad some on the left want to restrain that right.

The tactic of shouting people down to intimidate and halt their speech is not a liberal position, nor is it exclusive to one party or the other.

5 Memorable Moments When Town Hall Meetings Turned To Rage
The people harassing Mitch McConnell in his home sure aren't Republicans. You condone their behavior?

Why is Hollywood so in love with guns and killing?.....

The rest of the world watches Hollywood violence, and plays Call of Duty, and we don't go around killing one another in mass shootings.

This is just more right wing attempts to deflect the roll that easy access to guns is the one area where the rest of the first world differs from the USA. The rest of the world doesn\t have a white supremacist leader spouting racist hate every day either.
What about this: Comcast’s NBC Universal labeled ‘patently hypocritical’ over pushing both 'The Hunt' and gun control

That's funny. Have you seen any ads pushing "The Hunt" Where the elite hunter's become the hunted, and deplorables win! I'm outraged I tells ya, how could Hollyweid stab them elites in the back like that!
I think the movie is disgusting and pure trash.

If I had been at McConnells house theother night, I would have lit off a string of firecrackers out back and a least made them go home to change their dydees.

While leaving the White House just now Trump stopped to answer some questions, and when asked about the violence in movies contributing to gun violence, he said that Republicans are treated badly in Hollywood and the movies and the federal government is going to talk to them about that.

So Trump doesn't like Hollywood being able to express their rights to freedom of speech?...

Freedom of speech works both ways. Many people in Hollywood don't understand that concept.

Yes, that's a good thing, agree. It's also a good thing to have the liberty to speak freely. Too bad some on the left want to restrain that right.

The tactic of shouting people down to intimidate and halt their speech is not a liberal position, nor is it exclusive to one party or the other.

The people harassing Mitch McConnell in his home sure aren't Republicans. You condone their behavior?

No. I don't condone harassing pubic officials who are out in public either. Even Sanders! Again, neither party is innocent of this type of tactic.

If I had been at McConnells house theother night, I would have lit off a string of firecrackers out back and a least made them go home to change their dydees.
I would have called some biker friends and busted some heads.

No. I don't condone harassing pubic officials who are out in public either. Even Sanders! Again, neither party is innocent of this type of tactic.
I don't see anyone on the right harassing Pelosi or Schumer.

The rest of the world watches Hollywood violence, and plays Call of Duty, and we don't go around killing one another in mass shootings.

This is just more right wing attempts to deflect the roll that easy access to guns is the one area where the rest of the first world differs from the USA. The rest of the world doesn\t have a white supremacist leader spouting racist hate every day either.
What about this: Comcast’s NBC Universal labeled ‘patently hypocritical’ over pushing both 'The Hunt' and gun control

That's funny. Have you seen any ads pushing "The Hunt" Where the elite hunter's become the hunted, and deplorables win! I'm outraged I tells ya, how could Hollyweid stab them elites in the back like that!

When did you see it?

You don't think it's a bit ironic that the people whom the pundants say are called deplorable in the movie, actually turn the tables on the elitist hunters and are victorious in the end?

It's just a movie. What's truly disgusting is the real hunts that went on in the New World.

When did you see it?
Go kiss a goat, troll.

You don't think it's a bit ironic that the people whom the pundants say are called deplorable in the movie, actually turn the tables on the elitist hunters and are victorious in the end?

It's just a movie. What's truly disgusting is the real hunts that went on in the New World.
So you're supporting a movie about hunting humans after our nation has just experienced two mass shootings?

Good deal, more tits, less blood Mr. President! More tits.

</sarcasm>

Cereally though, he'll probably suggest hunting illegal Mexicans in those people hunting people movies!

But they can't win.

That's been done by CSI Miami years ago.

With Nips, no way.

Nah, just the hunting illegals part. Although some of their beach shots come pretty damn close to showing more.

Damn, I guess I have binge watch that shit some day when I retire too.

Too, I just catch it late night on satellite TV. BTW the hunting was for profit, not politics, and as always they busted the bad guys.

Nancy Pelosi harassed by protesters after calling for 'collateral damage' against Republicans

Nancy Pelosi harassed by protesters after calling for 'collateral damage' against Republicans
Thanks. No one should be harassed.

More whining....why is it all whining from the Right?

You people are the ones who are supposed to be non-violent. Is that just reserved for your enemies but OK for your Hollywood masters and ANTIFA brownshirts? Selective violence.

So you're supporting a movie about hunting humans after our nation has just experienced two mass shootings?

No I'm laughing at the faux outrage it's non release and non advertisement is causing, considering it's not a new theme, people hunting people, and the fact that apparently, the so-called deplorables win. Wouldn't supporting a movie mean paying to go see it? I haven't done that since I took my daughter to see the Spongebob movie!

Maybe some of Hollywood films are a form of hate speech OR, more than likely, he’s exposing Hollywood liberal elites for the hypocrites they are. I like to think Trump is using Alinsky’s favorite rule and holding political enemies to their own standards.

Maybe some of Hollywood films are a form of hate speech OR, more than likely, he’s exposing Hollywood liberal elites for the hypocrites they are. I like to think Trump is using Alinsky’s favorite rule and holding political enemies to their own standards.

Hate speech in fictional movies?... Really? Are Hollywood production companies privately owned, or are they non-profit or government owned? Have any Hollywood production companies ever asked for a government bail out?

No I'm laughing at the faux outrage it's non release and non advertisement is causing, considering it's not a new theme, people hunting people, and the fact that apparently, the so-called deplorables win. Wouldn't supporting a movie mean paying to go see it? I haven't done that since I took my daughter to see the Spongebob movie!
I don't think hunting people and shooting them is funny. Weak minds watch that crap and then act out. Where do you think these deranged lunatics learn this stuff? You display the typical Democrat double standard hypocritical stance. Trump says "boo" and the mainstream media cries, meanwhile record companies and Hollywood churn our violence and black gangster rap and police hatred, making our culture worse every day.

Last edited:

Hate speech in fictional movies?... Really? Are Hollywood production companies privately owned, or are they non-profit or government owned? Have any Hollywood production companies ever asked for a government bail out?

Getting a government bailout has nothing to do with it. Maybe it is time for the Entertainment industry to be regulated and liable for the risk it poses to our society the same way Energy and Manufacturing industries pose risks. Why should billionaire Hollywood executives and actors get even wealthier portraying mentally disturbed characters carrying out violence against innocence at a time when mental health is a focus in the gun debate? People with issues emulate this behavior and it’s a risk to our society just like environmental and safety risks from other industries.

Forum List

Back