No Joke, Trump Just Said the Federal Government is Going to Talk to Hollywood...

Columbus? Art imitate life. Man's inhumanity to man is one of the common literary themes.
Video games.

Except the inconvenient fact that there is no link between mass shootings and video games. Every developed country plays the same violent video games, watch the same movies and have the same "mental health" issues. Only one thing sets us apart...
Oh yeah, we're the only nation with guns?

Of developed nations, we are unique in our far too easy access to them.
Criminals don't obey laws. We have a crime problem, not a gun problem.

What is the cause of the crime problem?

We already have the largest prison population in the world.

Why do we have more of a problem with crime than other places?

Right? I'm more worried about Twitter allowing the murder of Republican congressmen to be trending.
Oh wait, isnt Hollywood about to release a movie about the hunting of the Republican designated deplorables?
Its fucking sick

Quit being such a snowflake...they are not hunting Repubs and in the end the group being hunted wins...that is the way it happens in every movie of this genre.
Deplorables.. come on.
I just find it humorous the left keeps whining about rhetoric when they are 5 times worse. Plus it is sick..

Last edited:
Trump had no problem begging Hollywood for bit parts in movies

Never forget his appearance in Home Alone 2
Do you have a link saying he begged for a part?

latest
Thought so, making stuff up again. You twits do that a lot.
LOL

Trump had to force movies to give him a part

What a loser

Why is Hollywood so in love with guns and killing?.....

The rest of the world watches Hollywood violence, and plays Call of Duty, and we don't go around killing one another in mass shootings.

This is just more right wing attempts to deflect the roll that easy access to guns is the one area where the rest of the first world differs from the USA. The rest of the world doesn\t have a white supremacist leader spouting racist hate every day either.

If the key problem here concerning mass shootings is a "white supremacist leader spouting racist hate", how you explain all the mass shootings that occurred every year of Obamas stint in the white house?
Exactly. These propaganda parrots want us to believe these mass shootings never happened before Trump. They're as sick as the shooters.

I don't recall a single mass shooter citing President Obama as an inspiration, or quoting President Obama's words in their manifesto. Many of the mass shootings which occurred under Obama were in fact, mentally ill individuals - like the Sandy Hook shooter, and the Aurora movie theater shooting, or disgruntled employees. Only since Trump was elected and emboldened white supremacists and racists with his inflammatory rhetoric have we seen mass killers quoting the President or citing him as an inspiration.

I agree that that the number of white male rampage killings increased under Obama, but the whole racist temperature of the nation started rising considerably, when Trump started his whole birther campaign, claiming that Obama was an illegitmate President. To what extent the levels of escalating white nationalist rhetoric starting escalating in public discourse around the same time, it's hard to tell.

Nice try at "but Obama", but Trump started his Birther Campaign in 2011. Republicans said it was because Obama was "weak". If that's the case, why has it gotten worse under "strongman" Trump?

So now Trump is not only responsible for mass shooting of his term, but also Obamas term as well. LMAO! You people amaze me.

The fact is... there were mass shootings during Obamas watch as well as other presidents terms in office. There mass shootings every single year he was in office.This is not a problem of a presidency. Trump isn't to blame and neither was Obama.

Columbus? Art imitate life. Man's inhumanity to man is one of the common literary themes.
Video games.

Except the inconvenient fact that there is no link between mass shootings and video games. Every developed country plays the same violent video games, watch the same movies and have the same "mental health" issues. Only one thing sets us apart...

Guns don’t kill people
Bullets kill people

Video games.

Lack of moral education. Where's your link to South Korea and video games?

Trump had no problem begging Hollywood for bit parts in movies

Never forget his appearance in Home Alone 2
Do you have a link saying he begged for a part?

latest
Thought so, making stuff up again. You twits do that a lot.
LOL

Trump had to force movies to give him a part

What a loser
You're making stuff up again. Trump doesn't have to beg for a movie part. You're trolling.

Video games.

Guns don’t kill people
Bullets kill people
People pull the trigger.

Deplorables.. come on.
I just find it humorous the left keeps whining about rhetoric when they are 5 times worse.

The movie does not use that term, that was just fake news.

naaa...you are just as much a snowflake as those on the left.

you wingers are all the same, matters not which side of the bird you are on.

While leaving the White House just now Trump stopped to answer some questions, and when asked about the violence in movies contributing to gun violence, he said that Republicans are treated badly in Hollywood and the movies and the federal government is going to talk to them about that.

:disbelief:

So Trump doesn't like Hollywood being able to express their rights to freedom of speech?...

What in the hell is wrong with this man?

Maybe some of Hollywood films are a form of hate speech OR, more than likely, he’s exposing Hollywood liberal elites for the hypocrites they are. I like to think Trump is using Alinsky’s favorite rule and holding political enemies to their own standards.

Hate speech in fictional movies?... Really? Are Hollywood production companies privately owned, or are they non-profit or government owned? Have any Hollywood production companies ever asked for a government bail out?

Getting a government bailout has nothing to do with it. Maybe it is time for the Entertainment industry to be regulated and liable for the risk it poses to our society the same way Energy and Manufacturing industries pose risks. Why should billionaire Hollywood executives and actors get even wealthier portraying mentally disturbed characters carrying out violence against innocence at a time when mental health is a focus in the gun debate? People with issues emulate this behavior and it’s a risk to our society just like environmental and safety risks from other industries.

Sure it does. Hollywood isn't like the book fat cat corporate banks and finance companies... that did their own thing and ended up needing the governments help.

What shame you don't understand the difference between private companies being able to do their own thing and create original content that people want to pay to see. If you don't like what they make, it's a free country, don't watch it.

I can't wait until they make their next movie starring a mentally challenged dangerous individual filled with hate and seeking violence. I wonder they will call the movie about Trump's time in the White House. Maybe something like a remake of "Liar, Liar." I bet Jim Carrey would love that.

Korea’s internet addiction crisis is getting worse, as teens spend up to 88 hours a week gaming

Korea’s internet addiction crisis is getting worse, as teens spend up to 88 hours a week gaming
Nothing there about 1000 times worse than the US.

Deplorables.. come on.
I just find it humorous the left keeps whining about rhetoric when they are 5 times worse.

I dont even like Republicans. I just think the amount of hate is disgusting.

That is what is known as "hyperbole". You should be familiar with it as your god uses it almost daily in his tweets and speeches.

Deplorables.. come on.

The amount of hate on both sides is disgusting.

That is what is known as "hyperbole". You should be familiar with it as your god uses it almost daily in his tweets and speeches.
Oh, you poor pitiful creature. Trump can back it up with performance. You keep trying to make yourself into a Cadillac with Yugo parts.

Deplorables.. come on.

That's what happens during a civil war. It's not very civil, is it.

They went from an agrarian nation to a powerhouse in half a century. The ghettos are still the same here.

Deplorables.. come on.

That's what happens during a civil war. It's not very civil, is it.

At least you are proud to be part of the destruction of your country.

They went from an agrarian nation to a powerhouse in half a century. The ghettos are still the same here.

And they love their video gaming, E-sports are a national pastime. There is no game played here that is not played there. And yet no mass murders on a weekly basis...seems maybe the games are not the problem.

Forum List

Back