🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

No Longer David:*The State of Israel As Goliath

No Longer David:*The State of Israel As Goliath

No Longer David: The State of Israel As Goliath - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East Eldar for Al-Monitor Israel Pulse*Posted on*September 25.

"Whenever you speak with an American Jew about Israel, you always end up at the same point. The conversation starts with Israel, but rarely ends there. It almost always ends with “them.” So begins “The American Jewish Cocoon,” a lengthy article by Peter Beinart published Sept. 4 in*The New York Review of Books.*“Them,” of course, refers to the Palestinians...

Against this backdrop, the new book by the American Jewish journalist and blogger*Max Blumenthal*is particularly noteworthy.*Goliath*is being published by Nation Books.* Unlike most Jews — American or Israeli — Blumenthal chose to leave his comfort zone, go into disputed territory and examine the burning questions for himself. In fact, Blumenthal’s greatest strength and interest is in events on the ground and the people who live there, far from the “peace process” and diplomatic salons.Goliath*is a portrait of a modern-day Sodom, a society that years ago stopped being “David of the beautiful eyes” and is determined to sustain an image of being weak and victimized. Blumenthal points to the manipulative use made by Israelis of the memory of the*Holocaust*in order to shape a collective consciousness, strengthen the society's inner cohesion and shut itself off from a world perceived as threatening and malevolent.He focuses on a period starting in December 2008, when Israel launched the attack on Gaza code-named Operation Cast Lead. He describes events that took place in Israel and Palestine during the term of the previous Benjamin Netanyahu government [2009–2012]. Blumenthal dives into the depths of Israeli society of recent years, describing the prevailing atmosphere and the individuals who shaped it. He tells of Israeli youths who take part in the demolition of a Bedouin village as part of a “summer camp” rife with nationalism and hatred, of the arrest of anti-war protesters in the name of “preserving the public peace” (Orwell couldn’t have phrased it better) and about permanent, discriminatory ethnic division and separation.The local media is portrayed as a central collaborator in this construction of a false consciousness by presenting the pronouncements of the army spokesman as irrefutable fact and absolute truth, without demanding proof of the information being provided. Blumenthal also does not spare those who are not part of the ruling right-wing coalition. His accusatory finger points toward the Israeli peace camp, which, in the first days of any military operation, tends to line up behind the government Blumenthal provides the example of*Chaim Oron,*the previous leader of the left-wing Meretz party, in the initial stages of Operation Cast Lead.Blumenthal’s depressing if somewhat radicalized narrative does make room for some righteous people of Sodom. They are personified in the young activists on the margins of Israeli society, and even rejected by it, and members of the Palestinian popular councils. Despite the draconian measures used against them, they adhere to*nonviolent opposition to the Israeli occupation. The figure of the “prophet,” as professor Yeshayahu Leibowitz is described, hovers above them, and a chapter is devoted to him and to his dark prophecy way back in 1967 regarding the direction being taken by Israeli society, which Blumenthal chronicles.The book’s stated audience is the American public. In the foreword, Blumenthal writes that he wishes to show them “what they’re paying for, the facts as they are today, in a way that is not dressed up and laundered...

The final scene in the book takes place in a New York apartment, in the presence of young Israelis who have gone into voluntary exile after despairing of the struggle for social change in the society in which they grew up. These are young people hungry for life and justice, who sense that they have lost the battle and have therefore chosen to leave the field. This final chord amplifies, perhaps, the warning bells being rung by Blumenthal."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfQxw-0E-NA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

In the You Tube video, Blumenthal speaks of the Zionist colonial enterprise in Palestine being in its final phase. I agree.

It sounds like a highly anti-semitic book to me, Sherri.

The myth of "King David" is a made up story promulgated by the 5th century bc rabbinical culture in an effort to give israel a glorious and proud history that never existed.

Now david might have existed as a regional ruler over a rag tag band of loosly connected, goat and sheep herding city hovels who were feasting on the carcass of what once was Canaan, but outside the old testament (whihc was first put down in writing around 500bc..long after david's reign) there isn't one single historical or archaeological piece of evidence or proof that the glorious reign of david, or solomon for that matter, as described in the the OT, ever existed.

Chal it up to ancient hasbara.

Wrong again, Alf! Do you know how Jerusalem came to be known as the city of David? He had men willing to take the gutter route! That's right. Sometimes when you are going to conquer an enemy you have to get filthy to do it! Joab volunteered for the job!

It is written:

David said, Whosoever getteth up to the gutter, and smiteth the Jebusites, and the lame and the blind, that are hated of David's soul ( those who hated David ) they shall be chief an captain (2 Samuel 5:8 )

and again it is written:

.......so Joab the son of Zeruiah went first up, and was chief. And David dwelt in the castle, therefore they called it the city of David.

Joab volunteered for the job. He said, I'll go! I'll go through the muck and the mire and slop and the feces. No matter how it stinks, how filthy it is, I'll go. I'm willing to get myself dirty. I don't mind.

I like how Gwen Shaw recounts the story about David when he captured Jebus. ( the former name for Jerusalem ) Gwen said this in her little booklet called Breakthrough: Just like Jericho was the enemies most powerful city in the days of Joshua, so also Jebus was the most powerful city that David would ever have to conquer. When he arrived with his army, the defenders of the city mocked them and ridiculed them. They were overly confident that no army could capture their city. They said to David, Except thou take away the blind and the lame, thou shalt not come up hither. - 2 Samuel 5: 6

What they really were saying was that David and his army were too weak to even capture the blind and lame of the city. The crippled who couldn't stand on their legs, and the blind who couldn't see to fight were more capable soldiers than David's mighty army!

Those were just the right words to make not only David angry, but his whole army. Now they were ready to fight! There was nothing they weren't willing to do to prove what great soldiers they were.

How did David break through? Some times the enemy is stronger and better armed then we are. It is not always wise to confront him head on. It sometimes is better to circumvent him, to build a "BURMA ROAD" around his defenses and strongholds. Attack him from behind, from a way he never expected. Catch him by surprise!

Because of the position of the city there had to be another way to take it. There is always "another way"..

fast forwarding to what happens.......... they spied out the city, they had seen there was a place where the refuse of the city continually flowed out by way of a gutter. If there was one place they tried to avoid, it was that stinky, smelly cesspool.. They knew if the garbage could come out, then garbage could go in..... But who would be willing to go that route? Who was willing to go through the slime? Who would go up through the gutter?

Joab would.

Sometimes the gutter route is the only route. Joab was willing to do it and because he was willing to do whatever it took? King David and his men took that city. Jebus became the City of David. We call it Jerusalem, Alf. Sound familiar? It should.

1 Chronicles 11:5 tells us that even though Jebus was a mightily defensed city, .......nevertheless David took the castle of Zion, which is the city of David.....And David dwelt in the castle, therefore it was called the City of David.

Jerusalem has never changed ownership. It is still called the City of David. For three thousand years he has held onto the title deed in the courts of heaven.

If you are willing to pay the price? You can have whatever you want. So long as God is the one giving it to you.

God gave King David the City of David - Jerusalem. He had to take it but God gave him the anointing to break through and he is going to do it again. Very soon here. So get ready, Alf, because this story ain't over yet.

Oh! And for the record? Goliath was a pagan Philistine. David was a Jew. I think the guy that wrote that book got a bit confused there. Don't you? - Jeri

It is quite obvious that Mrs. Sherri is not interested in what is happening to people elsewhere. I thought the title of this message board was the Middle East Forum, and it is evident that Mrs. Sherri is ohly interested in what is happening in one tiny area of the Middle East (probably only because of Jews) and is not interested in what is happening to Arabs, be they Christians or Muslims, in the rest of the Arab world. Why is that, Frau Sherri? So much has happened and is still happening in the rest of the Middle East, and you appear to have no concern for the people there (perhaps because these countries are ruled by Muslims).

You sound very much like a poster named Hossfly, are you Hossfly?

Do you have a thing to say about the OP?

I have started reading this book on My Kindle and plan to address it further in subsequent posts.

It begins with The Preface and the author addresses how he spent 4 uninterrupted years researching to write the book, from May of 2009 to early 2013. In that time period he lived for months in Ajami, a Palestinian ghetto outside Tel Aviv, and Jerusalem, and Ramallah.

The book is an anti semitic diatribe of filth and lies. So the author wasted 4 years of his life and this thread is going to be the evidence of that fact. What else have you got, Sherri?

Quite the fantasy you got going there nitwit. .. :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

It's NEWS to you because you've been kept ignorant.

Easier for a nice lad like yourself to continue posting as an innocent and win favor for Islam amongst independent readers.

You are a tool.

And you serve their purposes.

Check my assertions if you don't believe them.

Why would anyone heed the assertions of Muslim haters like you?

A special place in hell reserved especially for you haters.

I choose to stand with God and raise my voice against Injustice and Hate.

You are mistaken, Sherri. You do not stand with God when you stand in friendship with His enemies. You are at enmity with God by your very alliance with the house of Esau. It is one thing to warn the House of Esau, even to give them the gospel and warn them of the Warning in Obadiah concerning how God will recompense them with destruction for the trouble they have caused The house of Jacob and The house of Joseph.. to lie to these people and not tell them the truth is not an act of love but of indifference, to stand with God is to speak the truth that they must turn from this violence against the House of Jacob and the House of Joseph and repent! You have not done that! You have added fuel to the fire with your every post even enticing them to hasten their own demise... you race towards hell as if it were heaven in your sights and then draw others to follow you there! What kind of injustice and hatred is that? Is there anything more wicked than deception and lies, Sherri? You need to repent before God brings judgment for these things. I am telling you there is nothing in the bible to support what you are doing, Sherri. Nothing. I did not look at this thread until tonight. I never opened it until this evening and I'm grieved at what you are up to. This is very bad news here. - Jeri

Last edited:
Now THAT was a funny line...
tongue_smile.gif

Anything goes to try to silence Truth for Zionists.

for a program of

"ANYTHING GOES TO SILENCE THE TRUTH" re zionism-----

there are CERTAINLY lots people TALKING who are not being silenced and lots
WRITING who are still breathing and writing I wonder if sherri can tell
us about the some cases of people being "SILENCED"----I can mention a
few anti jihados who ended up face down with a knife in the back

Infuriated by the fact that I refused compromise at a following event, Zoberman began a campaign of letter-writing and phoning the University and a local newspaper, describing my message as ‘poisonous.’ He also chastised the university for hosting my talk and demanded a change of course. The campaign of defamation is yet to end.

Although this is not my first experience of such unfair and dishonest smearing, the last few years have witnessed an increase in the Zionist attempts to curb free debate on the Middle East in this country, from such respected figures and intellectuals as Jimmy Carter and Desmond Tutu, Norman Finkelstein, John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt. In short, anyone who dares question the US government’s Middle East policy or even recognize the rights of the Palestinian people is a candidate for senseless attacks and (often) of accusations of anti-Semitism. Fortunately this time, I was spared of the latter.

Ramzy Baroud: Controlling the Debate on Palestine, Israel | Palestine Chronicle

King David existed but I believe history may have been tweaked a little in his favour.
A great warrior, maybe but far from a great king and a lot like a bit of a bastard.
Between rapes, enslaving his own people, having people killed so he could fuck their wife and several other naughty antics, I believe he was a silly bastard.
His son was even worse and, as history shows, got his arse kicked out.

It is quite obvious that Mrs. Sherri is not interested in what is happening to people elsewhere. I thought the title of this message board was the Middle East Forum, and it is evident that Mrs. Sherri is ohly interested in what is happening in one tiny area of the Middle East (probably only because of Jews) and is not interested in what is happening to Arabs, be they Christians or Muslims, in the rest of the Arab world. Why is that, Frau Sherri? So much has happened and is still happening in the rest of the Middle East, and you appear to have no concern for the people there (perhaps because these countries are ruled by Muslims).

I have started reading this book on My Kindle and plan to address it further in subsequent posts.

It begins with The Preface and the author addresses how he spent 4 uninterrupted years researching to write the book, from May of 2009 to early 2013. In that time period he lived for months in Ajami, a Palestinian ghetto outside Tel Aviv, and Jerusalem, and Ramallah.

The book is an anti semitic diatribe of filth and lies. So the author wasted 4 years of his life and this thread is going to be the evidence of that fact. What else have you got, Sherri?

The book is Fact , that is what I am presenting truths about, the book and the truths revealed in it..

Why is Truth so difficuly for Jeremiah to accept?

Day 1 of Cast Lead, Israel killed 240 Palestinians.

Most were civilians unlawfully targeted in acts that constituted war crimes under intl law

That last fact is addressed by Amnesty Intl in their report on Cast Lead entitled Cast Lead 22 Days Of Death And Destruction.

Last edited:
If Missus Sally is interested in a thing happening outside Israel, I suggest Missus Sally find discussion threads discussing the matters she is interested in.

The fact is the author of Goliath went to Israel and lived there for awhile and what he wrote in his book Goliath was based on what he saw there.

Any comments about this thread?

sherri---who writes your petitions and briefs? your english is limited. Long ago---as
a college student---I was asked by my college to tutor idiots like you in how to write a sentence.

Lots of nazi pigs like to live near jews. One of your "gods"----Adolf abu ali Eichmann---
went to the palestine mandate to meet and learn about jews so that he could more
efficiently murder jewish infants (hint----do not end your sentences with a preposition)

The book is Fact , that is what I am presenting truths about, the book and the truths revealed in it..

Why is Truth so difficuly for Jeremiah to accept?

Day 1 of Cast Lead, Israel killed 240 Palestinians.

Most were civilians unlawfully targeted in acts that constituted war crimes under intl law

That last fact is addressed by Amnesty Intl in their report on Cast Lead entitled Cast Lead 22 Days Of Death And Destruction.

The over 100 page Amnesty Report can be downloaded at the link below.

Israel/Gaza: Operation "Cast Lead": 22 days of death and destruction | Amnesty International

It's NEWS to you because you've been kept ignorant.

Easier for a nice lad like yourself to continue posting as an innocent and win favor for Islam amongst independent readers.

You are a tool.

And you serve their purposes.

Check my assertions if you don't believe them.

Why would anyone heed the assertions of Muslim haters like you?

A special place in hell reserved especially for you haters.

I choose to stand with God and raise my voice against Injustice and Hate.

You are mistaken, Sherri. You do not stand with God when you stand in friendship with His enemies. You are at enmity with God by your very alliance with the house of Esau. It is one thing to warn the House of Esau, even to give them the gospel and warn them of the Warning in Obadiah concerning how God will recompense them with destruction for the trouble they have caused The house of Jacob and The house of Joseph.. to lie to these people and not tell them the truth is not an act of love but of indifference, to stand with God is to speak the truth that they must turn from this violence against the House of Jacob and the House of Joseph and repent! You have not done that! You have added fuel to the fire with your every post even enticing them to hasten their own demise... you race towards hell as if it were heaven in your sights and then draw others to follow you there! What kind of injustice and hatred is that? Is there anything more wicked than deception and lies, Sherri? You need to repent before God brings judgment for these things. I am telling you there is nothing in the bible to support what you are doing, Sherri. Nothing. I did not look at this thread until tonight. I never opened it until this evening and I'm grieved at what you are up to. This is very bad news here. - Jeri

Jesus spoke Truth and I embrace it, you run from it.

Jesus was and is Peace.

Jesus shows us who God is.

I follow Jesus.

You do not.

As you said to me long ago about being a Christian Zionist, you acknowledged you are first and foremost a Zionist.

That tells me everything I need to know about Jeremiah.

Jesus spoke Truth to those who did evil, see Matthew 23, He is my example to follow.

The book Goliath may not be written by a Christian, it is written by an American Jew, but it is written by a human being speaking truth to injustice in our world today. In this, he follows the teachings of Jesus whether he knows it or not.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrLfiMm86tA]UK Colonel Richard Kemp praises Israel's efforts to reduce civilian casualties in Gaza - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JURMFtGRpjc]Colonel Richard Kemp Challenges Goldstone Report - YouTube[/ame]

Those videos refute nothing written in Goliath that I have so far discussed.

Chapter 1 of Goliath is discussing Day 1 of Cast Lead, and while acts carried out by Israel are addressed, attacks on policemen and civilian homes and universities and children, there is no discussion of what these acts represent under intl law.

But Amnesty and others carried out real investigations finding Israel violated the fourth geneva convention and other rules under intl law in these attacks.

The personal opinion of one Zionist in the UK changes nothing.

Amnesty video, we hear about an Israeli strike on a house that killed at least 4 children. This civilian house was struck three times with missiles.

We see families attacked with chemical weapons, white phosphourous. Four children killed in the attack on the Halima house and the grandfather. Family members watched them to burn to death in front of them.

We hear of a man ordered out of his house and his two young children executed in front of him by IDF soldiers, he tells his story.

Final words in the Amnesty video, what is needed is for war crimes to be brought to justice.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are making it seem like the IDF are targeting innocent civilians on purpose. The IDF, as has been mentioned, made sure that people in Gaza were aware that they were going to attack enemy targets and even leaflet-dropped so stop making out that Israel purposely targets civilians. Turn your attention to matters in the world more important than Israel which you are obsessed over.

The world still awaits war criminals to be brought to justice in Palestine.

Israel deliberately targeted civilians and civilian objects to include children during Cast Lead and unlawful targetings of civilians continues.

We see another large Zionist civilian killing operation in November of 2012. Again, children and families were targeted in their homes.

No, they were not targeted. Israel knows the world would be on them like a ton of bricks if they target civilians. Stop telling lies.

"A little Palestinian girl named Summer tells a story from an Egyptian hospital bed that seems too horrible to be true. Her younger sisters, the girl says, were lined up and shot to death by soldiers from the Israeli Defence Forces."

The BBC interviewed the girl’s father, who cried as he told his story. It was shortly before 1:00 in the afternoon, the father said in the interview.

"“We were told to come out of the homes, the women, my three daughters”.He explains that an Israeli soldier climbed out of a tank carrying a US made M-16 rifle, and started to shoot at the children."

Evil Hearts In Action! Three Young Palestinian Girls Are Lined Up ? 2 Killed 1 Seriously Wounded By Isra-hell Soldiers (Link Incl Vid) | Social & Human Rights Issues

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXxL0lg4mxs]Samouni Family Responds to Goldstone Backtrack on Israeli War Crimes - April 4, 2011 - Ken O'Keefe - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back