No Special Master As DOJ Drops Bombshell 40 Page Ruling Obstruction By Trump Team

duh Del, he didn't need to steal records to reclassify them! :lol:

if he wanted to declassify them, he merely needed to do so when President, and procedures following his written command to declassify the investigational material would be put in place to declassify the govt records, then anyone can request the information from the govt via a FOIA request.

stealing them to do such, is simply ridiculous....
I believe it was 1-19 it was reported they were declassified....He was still POTUS......duh.
Nothing here matters until proven in court.

That judge will almost certainly appoint the requested special master. The desperation with which the DOJ/FBI/DNC is trying to avoid one only shows how much one is needed.

You willing to bet on that? Even though the judge is a biased Trump appointee, I do not think they will be able to twist the law enough to do so

You willing to bet on that? Even though the judge is a biased Trump appointee, I do not think they will be able to twist the law enough to do so
I don't think she has to twist the law at all. If there is any indication of DOJ strong arming her into a decision, that looks awfully biased ala DOJ.

Doesn’t matter. The DOJ doesn’t have to comply with the order. The judge has no authority to order review of classified material, she isn’t cleared to see, or appoint anyone not cleared by NSA.

And no Florida law enforcement agency is going arrest anyone for not complying.

You’re in way over your head son.
The AG can appeal, if the terms for the special master are objectionable to him and our national security is at stake.

The AG can appeal, if the terms for the special master are objectionable to him and our national security is at stake.
Not if a qualified individual does the review. Actually, the special master is to review what materials were covered under atty/client privilege.....I don't see how declassified or classified doc's fall under that.

Doesn’t matter. The DOJ doesn’t have to comply with the order. The judge has no authority to order review of classified material, she isn’t cleared to see, or appoint anyone not cleared by NSA.

And no Florida law enforcement agency is going arrest anyone for not complying.

You’re in way over your head son.
There's no doubt that the DOJ/FBI/DNC will resist being held accountable for violating a private citizen's rights. That's nothing new.

The judge who will order the special master is a federal judge so you're confused in thinking Florida cops would enforce the order.

The FBI/DOJ/DNC will either turn over the documents to the special master or admit that they are about personal destruction and not about the law.

I believe the judge has the clearance, or would not have been assigned to the case.

As for the special master, there are two caveats. First isn't it moot, since the FBI already finished going over all the documents for lawyer-client privilege. And with executive privilege belonging to the sitting president, that hasn't been invoked, hence no privilege can be exercised. What would the special master do, that hasn't already been done.

Second, who that special master would be. They would need the top secret and beyond clearance to handle the seized documents, so they would have to chose someone already having that clearance, or the process would face delays while the person applied for the needed security clearance.

The FBI/DOJ/DNC will either turn over the documents to the special master or admit that they are about personal destruction and not about the law.
This is where there is a potential conflict. If the special master doesn't have the top secret and above clearance to handle the documents, the FBI can't legally hand them over to them.

And a judge can not compel someone to break the law.

DOJ will or reveal they are actually a kangaroo court. She isn't the special master, she will appoint someone with qualifications. No biggy.

It's not easy to find somebody with those security clearances, that isn't busy doing something more important.

If one is appointed I leave the forum for a week. If one is not, you leave for a week.
My claim is that this judge will grant the request for the special master, not that he will be appointed.

I believe the DOJ will appeal instead of complying with the judge's order, and/or object to anyone named for the role. So I don't know if the special master will ever be actually appointed due to DOJ stalling.

I'll bet a week that the judge will agree with Trump's attorneys that a special master is needed. She wont reject the request because it is highly appropriate.

It's not easy to find somebody with those security clearances, that isn't busy doing something more important.
Where do you get the idea that there aren't lawyers with security clearances or that they'd be too busy to work on a case of this importance?

These guys I found in less than a minute:

gibsondunn.com

Plus you forget we're talking about declassified not classified documents here.

Not if a qualified individual does the review. Actually, the special master is to review what materials were covered under atty/client privilege.....I don't see how declassified or classified doc's fall under that.
you're probably right,

I hadn't thought of that.....

and who really knows what will actually happen?

My claim is that this judge will grant the request for the special master, not that he will be appointed.

I believe the DOJ will appeal instead of complying with the judge's order, and/or object to anyone named for the role. So I don't know if the special master will ever be actually appointed due to DOJ stalling.

I'll bet a week that the judge will agree with Trump's attorneys that a special master is needed. She wont reject the request because it is highly appropriate.

Ok.

I think she will not as it is no longer appropriate at all since the FIB has already taken a look at everything they have. Makes the need for the master pretty much moot. It was nothing more than a stalling maneuver by Trump

Under the law, it doesn’t matter if the documents on which NDI is contained are classified or not, as it is simply and always criminal to have NDI in a non-federal facility, to have those without security clearances move it from one place to another, and to keep it from the feds when they are seeking it. Stated differently, the absence of classification — for whatever reason — is not a defense to the charges that are likely to be filed against Mr. Trump.

Forum List

Back