no tax return, no place on ballot

Most people don't benefit from a potholes being fixed on streets they don't personally drive on either. If you make it to retirement, you'll benefit from Medicare, if not you then someone in your family.

Really? My mother never drove a car in her life and lives alone. My mother gets mail, I call that a benefit because the mailman can get to her house. My sister takes my mother grocery shopping every two weeks. How would my mother get to the grocery store without my sister? Well, she could call a cab although she really doesn't have money to, and the cab would need to reach my mother as well. Same thing with a seniors bus.

Medicare makes the medical decisions, not the doctors. They limit the days you can spend in a hospital, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers. When the limit is reached, you're booted, doesn't matter what shape you're in. You can appeal, if you're lucky you'll get an extra couple of days.

No different than private insurance.

That all depends on what private insurance you bought and what benefits you wanted. You are not forced to restrictions. If you want anything outside of the standard policy, you simply need to pay for it.

Minimum wage was started so employers could not take advantage of desperate employees. Of course back then we didn't have nearly the social programs we have today, nor the opportunities. Today, most starting jobs pay more than minimum because not many people will work for that kind of money depending on the job. Minimum wage workers are about 4% of our workforce.

Immigrants will work for that kind of money. That's why there is such a market for their labor.

Correct, and that's why we need a wall to stop them from coming here.

Minimum wage was started so employers could not take advantage of desperate employees. Of course back then we didn't have nearly the social programs we have today, nor the opportunities. Today, most starting jobs pay more than minimum because not many people will work for that kind of money depending on the job. Minimum wage workers are about 4% of our workforce.

Immigrants will work for that kind of money. That's why there is such a market for their labor.

there is no wall, and will never be a wall.

Trump settled for a fence barrier duplicating portions of the old fence - you know, the one THAT DIDNT FUCKING WORK STOPPING IMMIGRANTS -

Most people don't benefit from a potholes being fixed on streets they don't personally drive on either. If you make it to retirement, you'll benefit from Medicare, if not you then someone in your family.

Really? My mother never drove a car in her life and lives alone. My mother gets mail, I call that a benefit because the mailman can get to her house. My sister takes my mother grocery shopping every two weeks. How would my mother get to the grocery store without my sister? Well, she could call a cab although she really doesn't have money to, and the cab would need to reach my mother as well. Same thing with a seniors bus.

Neat, every pothole these people are going to drive on?

What if your mother has cancer and faces bankruptcy paying her medical bills? What if the mailman gets run over in a hit and run? Medicare is for everyone at a certain age, a pothole all the way across town in some neighborhood you never heard of has zero affect on your life.

Trump settled for a fence barrier duplicating portions of the old fence - you know, the one THAT DIDNT FUCKING WORK STOPPING IMMIGRANTS -

Yeah, but in Trump's defense he's a grifter.

Slavery ownership implies forcing one to work against their own free will. Nobody works at Walmart unless they want to.

If you don't even understand write-offs and taxes, I doubt you even owned a hotdog stand. As a landlord, I do understand these things. I have to deal with it every year at tax time. Also you seem to have zero understanding of supply and demand in employment.

Back to Walmart, they pay their management and office workers pretty well with benefits. A guy who used to load my truck was in a dilemma because he worked part-time at Walmart, and he advanced to assistant manager. They offered him a full-time position as manager, and he didn't know what to do. Next time I went there, he was gone.

Walmart to hire hundreds of truck drivers, raise salary to nearly $90,000

View attachment 272341

A large number on that list still owe us from TARP.

Yeah, it's just killing us, isn't it?

U.S. ends TARP with $15.3 billion profit

That's a lie. I just covered this the other night. Odds are you saw it.

They paid back Tarp funds with other "loans" like Harp which were never paid back. They thought no one would notice.

Then post it again because I never saw it. This is your very own CNN reporting BTW.

"Your very own"....that's really stupid.

Banks Repaid Fed Bailout With Other Fed Money: Government Report | HuffPost

You do know your article is from 2012, don't you? That's seven years ago, very post recession.

A large number on that list still owe us from TARP.

They paid back Tarp funds with other "loans" like Harp which were never paid back. They thought no one would notice.

Then post it again because I never saw it. This is your very own CNN reporting BTW.

You do know your article is from 2012, don't you? That's seven years ago, very post recession.

The claims it was paid back are even older than that. Nothing has changed since the post. We lost big time on the bail outs and then were lied to.

It's funny because it was the Obama administration that lied to us but here you are defending them.

The claims it was paid back are even older than that. Nothing has changed since the post. We lost big time on the bail outs and then were lied to.

It's funny because it was the Obama administration that lied to us but here you are defending them.

We shouldn't have loaned the banks money, we should have bought shares and owned and then separated them.

We shouldn't have loaned the banks money, we should have bought shares and owned and then separated them.

There are many things we should have done differently.

Neat, every pothole these people are going to drive on?

What if your mother has cancer and faces bankruptcy paying her medical bills? What if the mailman gets run over in a hit and run? Medicare is for everyone at a certain age, a pothole all the way across town in some neighborhood you never heard of has zero affect on your life.

The problem with Medicare is it prevented the private industry from creating a similar program. Newt Gingrich wanted to allow private plans to compete with government plans, and was ridiculed highly by the left.

I've been working for a long time. In spite of the ever increasing costs for medical care, politicians haven't increased Medicare employee deductions for many many years. How is that possible?

It's possible because Medicare costs are part of our federal spending beyond what we contribute to Medicare. So it is costing us much more money, we just don't know about it.

So why hasn't the government increased employee contributions for Medicare? For the same reason they didn't for Social Security, and that is more and more Americans would demand the end to these programs.

I'm not defending anybody. I'm a believer in the words of James Madison:

"I canot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents.
James Madison, annals of Congress, 1794

Now when you insist that the loans were not really paid back (and they were) I am merely pointing out your false allegation. So you respond by posting a seven year old article to make your point. Well guess what? Everybody has been doing much better since 2012. I'm sure every dime of borrowed money was paid back.

"I canot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents.

Now when you insist that the loans were not really paid back (and they were) I am merely pointing out your false allegation. So you respond by posting a seven year old article to make your point. Well guess what? Everybody has been doing much better since 2012. I'm sure every dime of borrowed money was paid back.

I provided more than simply my opinion as to why they were not. You can counter that argument or not.

You don't know what he settled on because it hasn't been settled yet. Trump has input from the border patrol, engineers and our military. Unlike Hussein who never even owned a hotdog stand, Trump is very well versed when it comes to structures.

You don't know what he settled on because it hasn't been settled yet. Trump has input from the border patrol, engineers and our military. Unlike Hussein who never even owned a hotdog stand, Trump is very well versed when it comes to structures.

Not so much in paying for them though.

There are many things we should have done differently.

Yeah, like suing banks in the name of racism, to make sub-prime loans. That would be the top of my list of things we should not have done.

I provided more than simply my opinion as to why they were not. You can counter that argument or not.

And I provided a report from one of your very own, the Communist News Network that says the loans were repaid.

Now as for your article from seven years ago, it was the last one written on the subject. I checked. Even though several news outlets reported the same thing, their single source was the same as well.

Forum List

Back