no tax return, no place on ballot

It doesn't matter if Trump releases his returns or not. Democrats will still make up shit.
And whether Trump releases his tax returns or not, he will still be the republican nominee.

That's the point I'm making. If the little commies come up with some scheme to have a primary race for the Republicans in their state, and Trump tells them to beat a salt bag with their additional requirements, they may try to use that as disqualification from being on their general ballot.

Flopper, they are doing this for a reason. What do you suppose that reason is?????
Republicans in California adopted the primary as method of determining voter preference in 1912. It is a closed primary.

If Trump decides not to put his name on the primary ballot, the California State Republican Committee will simply ignore the election and select Trump pledged nominees to assure the nomination.

If California passes the law for the general election and I hope they do because what might unfold would be really interesting.

The issue before the courts would be the right of states to control their elections. Republicans have long been a champion of this issue as were southern democrats in the mid 20th century as well as the late 1800's. The Supreme Court rulings have always upheld the right the states to control elections in their state.

Add to the mix the fact that a dozen other state legislatures are considering similar legislation.

Unfortunately, I don't see this train going anywhere for following reasons.

At least a half dozen lawsuits are being filed in federal court and at least one of the courts is going temporary block the law till the case is heard. Since there is less than 5 months before the deadline for releasing tax returns, this may effective solve the problem for Trump.

However, if the courts do not block the law Trump may end the issue by releasing his returns.

If other states joint California, then Trump will certainly release his returns unless there is damning information in the returns which would lead him into criminal court.

The answer to your question as to the reason for this, I refer to the governors statement.
“These are extraordinary times and states have a legal and moral duty to do everything in their power to ensure leaders seeking the highest offices meet minimal standards, and to restore public confidence,” California Governor Gavin Newsom said in a statement announcing the bill signing.

And he is full of shit because this has nothing to do with standards. It has to do with Trump not willing to release his returns. Blackmail.

This so-called law is aimed at one thing only and one candidate only. Would you be happy with states making laws against any candidate including Democrat candidates?

Forcing a candidate to release his returns is illegal. It's a violation of the Fourth Amendment as well as the US qualifications to run for this office. If successful, California Electoral Votes should be rejected in the next presidential election. They need to be their own country and leave our union.
I don't think that will fly in courts.
Is California doing unreasonable searches or seizures? Are they issuing warrants to seize documents or property from Trump on his person or in his home or business? Are the primary registration requirements different for Trump than all other candidates?

The fact is registering for the California primarily is completely voluntary. It is not a requirement to be president so how is the state changing the presidential requirements?

California is not compelling Trump to register. The state is not forcing Trump to do anything. So how in hell can it be a violation of the 4th amendment?

It may not seem unfair that Trump may be the only candidate inconvenience by this law but remember states have often made changes in election registration requirements such as number signatures needed on a petition to be put on the ballot, registration information required of the candidate, and in fact which political parities will be allowed a primary.

Apparently you are not familiar enough with the constitution to understand that neither primaries nor a general presidential election in a state is required by the constitution. If the state of California so desired it could abolish the primaries and general election and appoint electors to the Electoral College and it would be constitution. This should indicate the degree of control states have over their elections.

Great, and when we get another candidate like DumBama, maybe our state will require candidates show their college transcripts, how their college was funded, and original birth certificate.

After all, if states are going to require things that have nothing to do with the presidency, why not a nude picture of your wife while we're at it?

The feds never asked you to yank anything. They asked that you contact them when you have a criminal illegal in custody so they can be processed and thrown out.

The only way a city or state agency can determine if someone is here illegally is to contact ICE. So ICE already knows. But you know this.

That's a lie, millions of illegal aliens are in the country that ICE doesn't know about. Several States are issuing illegals drivers licenses with the full knowledge of their status. Do you think the status of illegals are verified by ICE when the States issue the licenses?

If ICE, doesn't know who is in the country illegally, then how do the states know.

Just like ICE does, they ask for a birth certificate and/or green card.

The feds never asked you to yank anything. They asked that you contact them when you have a criminal illegal in custody so they can be processed and thrown out.

The only way a city or state agency can determine if someone is here illegally is to contact ICE. So ICE already knows. But you know this.

That's a lie, millions of illegal aliens are in the country that ICE doesn't know about. Several States are issuing illegals drivers licenses with the full knowledge of their status. Do you think the status of illegals are verified by ICE when the States issue the licenses?

If ICE, doesn't know who is in the country illegally, then how do the states know.

They can't. It's why Arpaio was found guilty.

:link::link::link:

If you don't know he was found guilty......generally asking for one is valid but......

I think voter ID is good, and this concept of fully disclosed tax returns is good too. As a voter it's good to know how and where a candidates income is coming from. Sensible and smart idea. Eliminates the mandatory types from running.

If you don't know he was found guilty......generally asking for one is valid but......

No buts, you made a claim, I simply asked for proof. I guess you're not confident enough in your position, otherwise it wouldn't be a problem.

No buts, you made a claim, I simply asked for proof. I guess you're not confident enough in your position, otherwise it wouldn't be a problem.

If you are in Texas you are fully aware of what happened to Arpaio.

I am, evidently you're not. I'm giving you a chance to cure your ignorance on your own, take it.

I am, QUOTE]

As I said. If you have a point, make it.

I am, QUOTE]

It's pretty damn simple commie, you have no clue what you're talking about. It's not illegal for police or anyone else to verify a persons status during a legitimate encounter.

I am, QUOTE]

It's pretty damn simple commie, you have no clue what you're talking about. It's not illegal for police or anyone else to verify a persons status during a legitimate encounter.

They can't unless they contact ICE to do so. Constitution and all "commie".

I am, QUOTE]

You're a liar commie, try to get a drivers license or State ID in TX without a US birth certificate or green card, it ain't gonna happen. Also if you are taken into custody by police, they will verify your status. This sanctuary bullshit is illegal in TX and no one is being prosecuted for verifying status.

I am, QUOTE]

That is FALSE!!

Where are you getting this information, dude?

I am, QUOTE]

You're a liar commie, try to get a drivers license or State ID in TX without a US birth certificate or green card, it ain't gonna happen. Also if you are taken into custody by police, they will verify your status. This sanctuary bullshit is illegal in TX and no one is being prosecuted for verifying status.

They can verify through ICE. That is their only option. States can NOT enforce immigration.

Chy Lung v. Freeman, 92 U.S. 275 (1876),[1] was a United States Supreme Court case where the Supreme Court ruled that the power to set rules surrounding immigration, and to manage foreign relations, rested with the United States Federal Government, rather than with the states.[

Chy Lung v. Freeman - Wikipedia

I am, QUOTE]

That is FALSE!!

Our laws.

I am, QUOTE]

That is FALSE!!

Our laws.
LINK?

That is FALSE!!

Our laws.
LINK?

Read the posts. I did.

That is FALSE!!

Our laws.
LINK?

Read the posts. I did.
Then you know which one I should review. There are almost 1000 in this thread.

Forum List

Back