Zone1 No Wonder Why I Had Doubts In God's Existence Before

It depends on if you are speaking about perception of truth or objective truth. I submit that for most people that's a smorgasbord too for most of the time.
Truth is unaffected by our perceptions of it. Your only choice at the buffet is to take it or leave it.

Does the validity of religion depend on how many adherants it has, or the geographical location? If Pastafarrianism had more followers than Christianity, would it be a more valid religion?
Is your perception of love more valid than someone else's? Is it a popularity contest?

It's what men often do for God in the name of religion.
It seems you believe that if religion and God were removed life would be utopia, right? That all of man's problems would fade away. Whereas I think the 20th century proved the exact opposite.

Truth is unaffected by our perceptions of it. Your only choice at the buffet is to take it or leave it.
No, people believe their perception of truth is truth. You demonstrate that fact here everyday with your belief that God is a fairytale. To you that is truth. A truth you have absolutely zero evidence for but believe it nonetheless with every fiber of your being.

There is not a shred of evidence for any of these magical beliefs.

Faith is belief without evidence.

You are either ashamed of that, or you are not. Stop with this pathetic dog and pony show, wherein you pretend to have evidence.

It seems you believe that if religion and God were removed life would be utopia, right? That all of man's problems would fade away. Whereas I think the 20th century proved the exact opposite.
I have no such illusions but as long as we let ourselves be led, by politicians or priests, we will be led astray. As Dylan said, "don't you follow leaders".

There is not a shred of evidence for any of these magical beliefs.

Faith is belief without evidence.

You are either ashamed of that, or you are not. Stop with this pathetic dog and pony show, wherein you pretend to have evidence.
And yet you have no evidence that God - or as I like to say it, mind - didn't create existence. Whereas I have tons of indirect evidence that says it did.

And yet you have no evidence that God - or as I like to say it, mind - didn't create existence.
Because it is not possible for such evidence to exist. That's why intelligent people don't pay any mind to that rigged game.

How can you blame God when you don't believe God exists?
God exists in people's beliefs.

How can you blame religion when religion is incorporeal?
People listen to what their religion tells them.

Do you blame guns for gun violence? Or cars for car accidents?
Not solely, but yes. Places without guns have fewer gun deaths. When cars got seat belts, there were fewer car deaths.

I have no such illusions but as long as we let ourselves be led, by politicians or priests, we will be led astray. As Dylan said, "don't you follow leaders".
I don't mean to rain on your parade but hierarchy is a necessary and quite natural requirement. Just look around. It's all throughout nature. As such men will always be led by something or someone. Why not let it be led by an idealized manifest rather than a flawed human one? It's the ultimate authority. Heck our nation was founded on that authority.

I don't mean to rain on your parade but hierarchy is a necessary and quite natural requirement. Just look around. It's all throughout nature. As such men will always be led by something or someone. Why not let it be led by an idealized manifest rather than a flawed human one? It's the ultimate authority. Heck our nation was founded on that authority.
That manifest was created by flawed men. Our nation is run by flawed men, not by divine powers.

Forum List

Back