Noah's Ark with two of EVERY animal

Ah another example of why literacy does no good for some people.

There are two versions of that allegory in Genesis, most people wouldn't know that, since most of the wankers who criticize it have never read it so don't have a clue; the first version has single pairs of animals in its narrative, while the second narrative in another chapter has seven pairs of animals.

Now, let's see if any of the 'realists' can explain what is meant by each version.

Claiming there were seven pairs of every species of animal does not make the story more believable.

In the Bible, Genesis 6:9 - 9:17 it says:

"And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female."

So, they put two of every species on the ark.

Like sharks, fish, jellyfish....

How on EARTH did fish, and jellyfish and sharks survive on the ark for 40 days and 40 nights?
The waters didn't recede for 6-7 months.
It was a dna storage area.Dove=bald eagle,cat=lion,any turtle=any turtle.Hoofs is hoofs

The waters didn't recede for 6-7 months.
It was a dna storage area.Dove=bald eagle,cat=lion,any turtle=any turtle.Hoofs is hoofs

So, any cat managed to EVOLVE into lions and all the other types of cat in the space of less than 5,000 years? I thought they were again evolution. I though that animals were as they were.

Also, why did God kill most of the animals if it was only the humans that were bad?

Noah probably didn't know that there were any other continents.

According to the text, Noah is instructed to take the 'animals that were with him', i.e. local ones. Jews weren't concerned with the rest of the world or others than themselves in their theology; 'other continents' and animals outside their own needs are an irrelevancy.

Ah another example of why literacy does no good for some people.

There are two versions of that allegory in Genesis, most people wouldn't know that, since most of the wankers who criticize it have never read it so don't have a clue; the first version has single pairs of animals in its narrative, while the second narrative in another chapter has seven pairs of animals.

Now, let's see if any of the 'realists' can explain what is meant by each version.
Israel and Judah had different creation stories that were cobbled together during the reign of king Omri.

Israel and Judah had different creation stories that were cobbled together during the reign of king Omri.

Wrong. It has to do with something entirely different. The two allegories are too close together to be a 'mistake' or an 'error'.

In the Bible, Genesis 6:9 - 9:17 it says:

"And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female."

So, they put two of every species on the ark.

Like sharks, fish, jellyfish....

How on EARTH did fish, and jellyfish and sharks survive on the ark for 40 days and 40 nights?

Per the fable, Noah was on the Ark for 371 days. He was 601 years old at the end of the cruise adventure.

If you're going to use miracles to accomplish what you want, why didn't God just kill everyone he didn't like and skip the whole flood mess? I assume the animals were just collateral damage.
I have no idea. But I'll ask Him when I join loved ones already there with Him. *wink*

Per the fable, Noah was on the Ark for 371 days. He was 601 years old at the end of the cruise adventure.

Well, Genesis 8:3 says 150.

Doesn't really matter, the Bible isn't consistent at all....

Also your reply doesn't answer the question.

According to the text, Noah is instructed to take the 'animals that were with him', i.e. local ones. Jews weren't concerned with the rest of the world or others than themselves in their theology; 'other continents' and animals outside their own needs are an irrelevancy.

Except the Bible says the flood killed all animals on the Earth that weren't in the ark.

What about the fish and other water borne animals?

Well, Genesis 8:3 says 150.

Doesn't really matter, the Bible isn't consistent at all....

Also your reply doesn't answer the question.
Arguing details of a myth is funny to me. In Sumer Noah was a king who hauled livestock, beer and grain downriver on barges to sell.

Forum List

Back