Noah's Ark with two of EVERY animal

Most scholars agree that Moses was the author of the creation and flood stories
I don't believe that is true. By the time the Enlightenment began in the 17th century, most religious scholars were more seriously questioning the idea of Moses’ authorship, as well as the idea that the Bible could possibly have been the work of any single author. Those first five books were filled with contradictory, repetitive material, and often seemed to tell different versions of the Israelites’ story even within a single section of text.

Try Rambam and Ramban as a start.
Too dense and I could not find an example of scientific muster, passed or failed.

I don't believe that is true. By the time the Enlightenment began in the 17th century, most religious scholars were more seriously questioning the idea of Moses’ authorship, as well as the idea that the Bible could possibly have been the work of any single author. Those first five books were filled with contradictory, repetitive material, and often seemed to tell different versions of the Israelites’ story even within a single section of text.

Too dense and I could not find an example of scientific muster, passed or failed.
If you can’t find two of the most famous Jews in history, you’re not looking.

Rambam (Maimonides)

Yes, certain books reflect the contemporary concerns of unknown authors that span 1000 years.

Still the creation and the flood myths do not and were written by Moses to teach their recently freed children about the dangers of losing your mind for life to cultic practices like the magical arts, sorcery, (mind control), practiced in egypt where the Pharaoh wore a serpent on his head.

Idiot!
Try reading the verses!

i've read to the first forgery and could read, verbatem no further ...

“Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

the forgery "verse" is an example of the vilification of heavens creation - found on nearly every page of all three desert religions.

- where are the etched tablets from heaven as for - true verses. the prescribed religion of antiquity is all that is required - the triumph of good vs evil - for remission to the heavens. the parable of noah, from before recorded history. till its reversal in the 1st century ... and the path to extinction.

Balderdash!

You must have never lived in a big city....

Would you consider maggots, bottom feeders, vultures, swine that do not ruminate, teeming vermin that go down on all fours, lily white curs, and talking serpents, clean or unclean creatures?

On the other hand are cattle and sheep clean or unclean however unaware of the slaughterhouse?

Take your time......

Would you consider maggots, bottom feeders, vultures, swine that do not ruminate, teeming vermin that go down on all fours, lily white curs, and talking serpents, clean or unclean creatures?

you have truly lost your way, what scoundrels you might meet in the heavens would put your litany in the same class as peter pan.

The flood occurred way before Mount Sinai and every culture after Noach except for Avraham rejected God for barbarism.
The flood myth is very old and it was about multiple gods. Probably originated in Sumer or among the Akkadians. The inspiration for the story is very likely about real floods in the Euphrates river basin.

The flood myth is very old and it was about multiple gods. Probably originated in Sumer or among the Akkadians. The inspiration for the story is very likely about real floods in the Euphrates river basin.
Every nation that wants to plunder and rape wants multiple gods.

Why did God want us to exterminate them?
I won’t be surprised If you don’t know how perverted they were.
They weren't perverted. They were successful and they were settled and had land, mines, pottery factories, metallurgy works. The Israelites demonized them. We know a lot more about their religion, how they lived, what they wrote and their pantheon of gods.

Her "bible" is allegorical and there fore worthless.
The Bible is full of inspirational stories, morality tales, teaching narratives, poetry but it's not literal history. Most Jews seem to have curious minds and an intellectual bent. Archeology and geology have opened the doors to a deeper understanding of scripture.

The Bible is full of inspirational stories, morality tales, teaching narratives, poetry but it's not literal history. Most Jews seem to have curious minds and an intellectual bent. Archeology and geology have opened the doors to a deeper understanding of scripture.

You have no understanding of Scripture at all. You have watered it down and diluted it until it has become just words on a page. Nothing more.

My Jesus was born of a virgin, walked on water, fed the multitudes with little food. He was crucified and rose from the dead on the 3rd day.

They weren't perverted. They were successful and they were settled and had land, mines, pottery factories, metallurgy works. The Israelites demonized them. We know a lot more about their religion, how they lived, what they wrote and their pantheon of gods.
NYC. Chicago, Detroit, LA…
Infrastructure and perversion.
Feel stupid yet?

You have no understanding of Scripture at all. You have watered it down and diluted it until it has become just words on a page. Nothing more.

My Jesus was born of a virgin, walked on water, fed the multitudes with little food. He was crucified and rose from the dead on the 3rd day.
I understand it very well. I don't care if you have no education or if you follow Scofield, Hal Lindsey.. even the Jewish sages didn't take it literally.

Forum List

Back