Non-Citizen Arrested for Voting 5 Times in Texas

After Alabama Enforces Voter ID, Shuts Down DMVs In Black Communities, Lawmaker Wants Investigation

Last year, Alabama began enforcing a controversial voter ID law that disenfranchised hundreds of otherwise eligible voters who lacked the proper documents. This month, the state plans to close 31 driver’s license offices — most of them in rural, impoverished, majority-black counties — making it even harder for residents to get the most common form of ID used to vote.

During Tuesday’s event, Sewell noted that her own district is losing nearly half of its DMVs, especially in counties with the largest registered African American voting population. Meanwhile, across the state, an estimated 250,000 eligible voters lack the proper ID, according to Alabama officials, and fewer than 7,000 of them have obtained a free state ID since the law went into effect.

Looking at these disparities, Sewell said she thinks the budget crisis is just a “pretext” for a more sinister goal of erecting additional barriers to voting.

Puhleese. Even the very poor must have identification. If you are too stupid to have an ID, then you are probably too stupid to vote anyways.

After Alabama Enforces Voter ID, Shuts Down DMVs In Black Communities, Lawmaker Wants Investigation

Last year, Alabama began enforcing a controversial voter ID law that disenfranchised hundreds of otherwise eligible voters who lacked the proper documents. This month, the state plans to close 31 driver’s license offices — most of them in rural, impoverished, majority-black counties — making it even harder for residents to get the most common form of ID used to vote.

During Tuesday’s event, Sewell noted that her own district is losing nearly half of its DMVs, especially in counties with the largest registered African American voting population. Meanwhile, across the state, an estimated 250,000 eligible voters lack the proper ID, according to Alabama officials, and fewer than 7,000 of them have obtained a free state ID since the law went into effect.

Looking at these disparities, Sewell said she thinks the budget crisis is just a “pretext” for a more sinister goal of erecting additional barriers to voting.

Puhleese. Even the very poor must have identification. If you are too stupid to have an ID, then you are probably too stupid to vote anyways.

Easy enough

You make sure 99% of Americans have ID and you can require it for voting

If it is so easy, why not go door to door to make sure everyone has an ID?

Why do you want fraudulent votes to be cast? You or WE should all be against that. It ruins our entire process.

Why do you want to block thousands from voting in order to catch the "two" who were cheating?

How does voter ID block any legal citizen from voting legally? It simply doesn't.
that's simply A LIE, a BIG FAT LIE..... for only the FOOLISH to believe....

where is your curiosity for wanting to know the TRUTH? Is it just laziness, easier for you to ''play dumb''?

LOOK IT UP Chrissy, google it, you will find that in one state alone, Pennsylvania, it was 900,000 or so, eligible citizens, that did not have a proper gvt issued photo ids to vote....

DO YOUR HOMEWORK, it will make you more knowledgeable on the subject....

those who Drive, EASY PEASY to vote

those who don't drive, nothing but HURDLES....

THAT is a 2 tier voting system, NOT an equal one....

That is the LIE. It is very easy to get a state identification card. Everyone should already have one! What kind of irresponsible tards do you know?

No, it isn't.

Closing Driver's License Offices in Alabama

Did you know that, in many of these states, they won't accept the ID if you moved recently, even in county?

Easy enough

It's not the providing of ID that is the problem...it's the small number of types they accept.

Does the left have anything to say here in defense of this?
in defense of what? a legal mexican intentionally committing voter fraud so she could keep Republicans in power? no one on the liberal side is defending it....no way jose'!

but what we are saying is that gvt issued photo id did not and would not stop it.

Why do you want fraudulent votes to be cast? You or WE should all be against that. It ruins our entire process.

Why do you want to block thousands from voting in order to catch the "two" who were cheating?

How does voter ID block any legal citizen from voting legally? It simply doesn't.

where is your curiosity for wanting to know the TRUTH? Is it just laziness, easier for you to ''play dumb''?

LOOK IT UP Chrissy, google it, you will find that in one state alone, Pennsylvania, it was 900,000 or so, eligible citizens, that did not have a proper gvt issued photo ids to vote....

So they CAN somehow make it to the polls to vote, but CAN'T somehow get to the DMV to get ID?

I can walk to my polling place
However, many people do not drive. Especially in poor communities and large cities

The very people Republicans do not want to vote

They don't eat either I suppose

So they CAN somehow make it to the polls to vote, but CAN'T somehow get to the DMV to get ID?

However, many people do not drive. Especially in poor communities and large cities

I've never needed to provide a current state issued photo ID to eat.

You gonna tell how it is in Alabama..........LOL

Bentley is looking to get thrown out by some right now...........He's been going hog wild turning into a taxing asshole...............He closed them down due to budget battles and wanting more money........He is now pushing for a lottery..................and I actually agree with this and have voted for it in the past...............But every time that jerk is in the news he's pushing for tax this and tax that...........Even changing the whole tax code of the state.......

He will not last long in this state........Maybe not his first term.

I don't know if I want to mow the grass in this thread on this subject again.........because in the end the left will not look at it.......and say how horrible we are..............But the information is over.........just wandering if digging it up again is worth it...........

:ack-1:

Nice deflection. Try to keep up

Easy enough

You have every right to do so

Get started

Where was the deflection? Please explain how a photo ID with your current name and address on it is required to eat. (It's not even required to get SNAP)

Where was the deflection? Please explain how a photo ID with your current name and address on it is required to eat. (It's not even required to get SNAP)

You've never been required to show ID when writing a check or using a credit card????

YOU IS SPECIAL GURL!

"Ortega is a non-citizen who is married to an American and is living in the country legally, but is still not qualified to vote."

Sorry. You will have to dig up another story from FOX if you want to rant about illegal aliens voting. As it is, she is in the same category as a 17 year old American citizen who illegally votes.

You've never been required to show ID when writing a check or using a credit card????

YOU IS SPECIAL GURL!

Again... it has never had to be a state issued photo ID with my current address on it.

Have you never paid cash for anything?

YOU IS SPECIAL GURL!

You are required to show ID to the Internet Police to post on this message board

Please post it or refrain from future posts on USMB

Forum List

Back