NON-Obamacare in Florida cost $50/month..

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
age 25 non smoker.. $50/month..

$Screen Shot 2013-09-06 at 11.24.09 PM.png

Florida understands the value of for profit health insurance companies that nationally pay over $100 billion a year in taxes AFTER paying out 80% of premiums in claims paying salaries wages of 400,000 people that would all be put out of work and the rest of Americans making up the lost $100 billion a year in taxes IF OBAMA HAD his preferences. He prefers to put the 1,300 insurance companies out of business costing $100 billion in Federal/state/local and local property taxes while laying off 400,000 workers!
He said that!

If the government can offer a plan cheaper than the private plans, then private plans will get cheaper...or go bankrupt.

I hope the government can do it.

If the government can offer a plan cheaper than the private plans, then private plans will get cheaper...or go bankrupt.

So tell me how the government can offer lower rates?
How much do you think insurance companies pay out in claims as a % of premiums?
80% on average!

So if 80% of premiums are being paid out in claims and insurance companies
pay income taxes out of the remaining 20% what makes you think the government
can provide insurance cheaper if the companies are paying 15% for salaries,offices, property taxes, state/local income taxes and have 4% left over as profits WHICH are
taxed at 35% by Federal govt?

Now where will the government come up with the money to make up those differences?
A) They won't get the $100 billion a year in Federal/state/local taxes the insurance companies pay!
B) They will have to pay unemployment for the 400,000 the government puts out of work that you seem happy to have happen!

Finally ... where do you think the subsidies come from that make up the differences?

TAXES!!! Well if you lose $100 billion a year in Federal/state/local taxes the ripple affect comes back to higher govt. premiums!

No... it's idiots like you that haven't a CLUE how insurance works much less how businesses operate... Geez.. it must be wonderful having everyone take care of you!

I think just the capitalist threat of government programs will keep private insurance competing if this is done right. All I know is my private insurance has not changed much soo far.

I would think some SMALL percentage of folks who normally would not have insurance are signing up to avoid that piddly fine. This I need stats on.

TAXES!!! Well if you lose $100 billion a year in Federal/state/local taxes the ripple affect comes back to higher govt. premiums!

Forgive my snip. Lets follow the money.

I pay $100 in taxes, including social security and all that.

$23 goes to doctors, hospitals and bureaucrats in the Medicade system. They spend it on strippers, school for the kids, Honda's, taxes, DVD players, whatever.
$22 goes to social security recipients and the folks who work managing the plan.
$19 goes to soldiers, military contractors, secret NASA missions etc
$17 to discretionary spending, like that federal grant to help the highway bridge downtown get built, some money to the scientists studying pig reproduction, that kind of pork.
$13 to whatever mandatory spending is. Crack for politicians, whores, whatever.
$6 to interest on the debt. Thank goodness interest rates are low or else this would be higher.

but yeah, the money is not lost unless the money leaves the country. But looking at my neighbor's spending habits I wonder if more stays in country percentage wise than what we lose with the average trip to Walmart.

U.S._Federal_Spending_-_FY_2011.png

Great that should help the economy and help raise unemployment. You are a bright one.

Great that should help the economy and help raise unemployment. You are a bright one.

I don't understand.

If my insurance goes down, don't I (we all really), have more money to spend on the things which make our lives better?

Like in theory wouldn't more of our money be left to build tanks or cruise missiles or highways?

80% on average!

can provide insurance cheaper if the companies are paying 15% for salaries,offices, property taxes, state/local income taxes and have 4% left over as profits WHICH are

Now where will the government come up with the money to make up those differences?
A) They won't get the $100 billion a year in Federal/state/local taxes the insurance companies pay!
B) They will have to pay unemployment for the 400,000 the government puts out of work that you seem happy to have happen!

Finally ... where do you think the subsidies come from that make up the differences?

No... it's idiots like you that haven't a CLUE how insurance works much less how businesses operate... Geez.. it must be wonderful having everyone take care of you!
Economist's View: 'Setting the Record Straight on Medicare's Overhead Costs'

Setting the record straight on Medicare's overhead costs, EurekAlert: ...The traditional Medicare program allocates only 1 percent of total spending to overhead compared with 6 percent when the privatized portion of Medicare, known as Medicare Advantage, is included, according to a study in the June 2013 issue of the Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law.
The 1 percent figure ... is based on data contained in the latest report of the Medicare trustees. The 6 percent figure, on the other hand, is based on data contained in the latest National Health Expenditure Accounts (NHEA) report. ...
<more>

There are no schedules available yet. So no one knows who will pay how much for sure.

Last edited:

80% on average!

Economist's View: 'Setting the Record Straight on Medicare's Overhead Costs'

Setting the record straight on Medicare's overhead costs, EurekAlert: ...The traditional Medicare program allocates only 1 percent of total spending to overhead compared with 6 percent when the privatized portion of Medicare, known as Medicare Advantage, is included, according to a study in the June 2013 issue of the Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law.
The 1 percent figure ... is based on data contained in the latest report of the Medicare trustees. The 6 percent figure, on the other hand, is based on data contained in the latest National Health Expenditure Accounts (NHEA) report. ...
<more>

AND you and EurekAlert TOTAL ignore the FACT MEDICARE process not ONE of the 1.274 billion claims!

Medicare contracts with what are called Medicare Administrative Contractors
"CMS relies on a network of MACs to process Medicare claims,
and MACs serve as the primary operational contact between the Medicare Fee-For-Service program, and approximately 1.5 million health care providers enrolled in the program.
MACs enroll health care providers in the Medicare program and educate providers on Medicare billing requirements, in addition to answering provider and beneficiary inquiries.
Collectively, the MACs and the other Medicare claims administration contractors (MACs) process nearly
4.9 million Medicare claims each business day, and disburse more than $365 billion annually in program payments.

Provider Compliance Interactive Map | Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services

So again... your ignorance is showing also BECAUSE the Advantage plans are the BEST part of medicare!
For example it is estimated there is nearly 8 to 10% of regular Medicare is wasted through fraud!
PolitiFact | Medicare fraud rate is 8 to 10 percent, says Roskam of Illinois

But where is the fraud in the ADVANTAGE PLANS??/
Medicare contracts as they do with everything with insurance companies to administer those people that like Advantage plans.
Medicare simply pays a monthly fee of about $800 per month to the Advantage plan!
How much of that $800 they pay out to the Advantage plan is FRAUD? NONE!
Medicare contracts which means they pay no more nor less and the ADVANTAGE plan administers out of the $800/Month per beneficiary.
So how much fraud can there be if Medicare says "YOU.. Advantage plan.. responsible for paying OUT the claims made out of the
$800.00!" what happens is not Medicare's responsibility!
So FRAUD is not an issue!

Again the ignorance about Medicare is appalling on this board. I am an expert as my living comes from helping those 1.5 million providers GET PAID from Medicare 10,000 times a day!

And this phony statement about Medicare "efficiency" "1 percent figure" is because Medicare
processes NOT ONE SINGLE claim of the 1.2 billion that Medicare contractors process!

Want to see Medicare 'efficiency?

Explain to me why Medicare accepts from hospitals claims that are sometimes marked up over 6,000%???

Florida Hospital Tampa 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, FL 33613
In 2011 Hospital in Tampa sent Medicare 1,362 claims for CAT scan no contrast.
Each claim averaged $3,463, i.e. what the hospital billed Medicare...
The hospital's ACTUAL COSTS to perform the CAT SCAN was $57 a mark up 5,975.44%

ONE Acroynm EMTALA! A 1986 good feeling law passed that has snowballed health care costs to what is now and WHY
hospitals like the above SEND claims with sometimes 6,000% markups!!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

View attachment 27488

Florida understands the value of for profit health insurance companies that nationally pay over $100 billion a year in taxes AFTER paying out 80% of premiums in claims paying salaries wages of 400,000 people that would all be put out of work and the rest of Americans making up the lost $100 billion a year in taxes IF OBAMA HAD his preferences. He prefers to put the 1,300 insurance companies out of business costing $100 billion in Federal/state/local and local property taxes while laying off 400,000 workers!
He said that!

READ the chart LINK that you posted healthMYTHS, $50 a month WITH A $10,000 DEDUCTIBLE FIRST....the person with this policy has to pay $50 a month PLUS $10,000 out of their own pocket a year, BEFORE their health care coverage would be PAID....

that's not health insurance, that's a SCAM!!!!

Again the ignorance about Medicare is appalling on this board. I am an expert as my living comes from helping those 1.5 million providers GET PAID from Medicare 10,000 times a day!

And this phony statement about Medicare "efficiency" "1 percent figure" is because Medicare
processes NOT ONE SINGLE claim of the 1.2 billion that Medicare contractors process!

Explain to me why Medicare accepts from hospitals claims that are sometimes marked up over 6,000%???

ONE Acroynm EMTALA! A 1986 good feeling law passed that has snowballed health care costs to what is now and WHY
So through your example YOU ARE NOW SAYING that the HOSPITALS are RIPPING Medicare off?

I don't understand.

If my insurance goes down, don't I (we all really), have more money to spend on the things which make our lives better?

Like in theory wouldn't more of our money be left to build tanks or cruise missiles or highways?

Taxes and fees will need to rise to support the healthcare costs. If the medical insurance industry went completely under. How many thousands would be without work, how many would start taking up unemployment, social services and need their medical paid for by the government? Again, it would slow the economy, just as the auto industry failure was to have an economic impact, the health insurance industry failure would have a negative economic impact.

So, maybe we save a few bucks on plans but other issues would arise and could create LESS spending money.

So through your example YOU ARE NOW SAYING that the HOSPITALS are RIPPING Medicare off?

Its a game. the hospital bills $6000, then gives medicare a $5500 discount, then medicare pays the hospital $500. But the actual cost is less than $100.

They elected the guy responsible for that crap Governor. Go figure.

Its a game. the hospital bills $6000, then gives medicare a $5500 discount, then medicare pays the hospital $500. But the actual cost is less than $100.
Gosh, it sure seems like it is a game Redfish....

(hahahaha, every time I read your moniker I want to call you Snapper, as in Red Snapper-my favorite fish to catch, instead of red fish!)

I've always wondered why they had to charge the $6000 in the first place...? I mean, what is the real purpose of this....?

I was thinking that it was to game the system out of taxes somehow? Like if they can count the difference between the $6000 and the $500 they got, and claim the $5500 as a "loss" on their taxes somehow, that this is probably why they bill in that manner and our gvt has just turned a blind eye to it??? Honestly, I don't know?

My Dental Insurance and Dentist play the same game...charge $1000, get paid by the insurance $150 kind of thing....it just baffles me???

View attachment 27488

He said that!

"age 25 non smoker.. $50/month."

You are so fucking clueless; your argument falls apart with your very first line.
And in case you haven't been to Flori-DUH lately it's full of RETIRED people, dumbass.

And you should also read up on what is happening with United Healthcare and their fight with Florida's hospitals, double-dumbass.

UnitedHealthcare-BayCare dispute grows to affect up to 400,000 Bay Area customers
Customers of UnitedHealthcare insurance could lose access to the region's largest hospital system if a deal is not reached over reimbursement rates before the end of the month.
The high-stakes standoff between United and BayCare Health System initially threatened access for thousands of seniors enrolled in United's Medicare Advantage plans. But the dispute has now expanded to coverage for people who get their insurance through employer-provided United plans, as well as those on United's Medicaid plans.""
http://www.tampabay.com/news/health...grows-to-affect-up-to-400000-bay-area/1259445

All told, more than 400,000 Tampa Bay area United customers are affected by the dispute, said United spokeswoman Elizabeth Calzadilla-Fiallo.

Last edited:

Gosh, it sure seems like it is a game Redfish....

(hahahaha, every time I read your moniker I want to call you Snapper, as in Red Snapper-my favorite fish to catch, instead of red fish!)

I've always wondered why they had to charge the $6000 in the first place...? I mean, what is the real purpose of this....?

I was thinking that it was to game the system out of taxes somehow? Like if they can count the difference between the $6000 and the $500 they got, and claim the $5500 as a "loss" on their taxes somehow, that this is probably why they bill in that manner and our gvt has just turned a blind eye to it??? Honestly, I don't know?

My Dental Insurance and Dentist play the same game...charge $1000, get paid by the insurance $150 kind of thing....it just baffles me???

you may have it figured out with the tax idea. I really don't get it either, maybe someone else can explain it.

I chose redfish because we catch a lot of them in the southern gulf and the bayous. Redfish and speckled trout.

BTW, the BP spill did not destroy the gulf, fish, shrimp, crabs, and oysters are plentiful, safe, and delicious.

Forum List

Back