North Carolina approves amendment banning gay marriage

So you don't have to worry about getting Lassie's consent.

Congratulations, you've successfully derailed another thread.

You're the queen of it, I must admit. No one can take a rational discussion and destroy it with nonsense, lies and bullshit like you can.

I'm not against our voting process, I'm against the tyranny they've voted for.

When fellow citizens willingly vote away their liberties and the amount of choices they have under law, it just boils my blood.

Again, sad day for America, small gov't, and freedom...

You'll get over it.

There are many things.....like Obamacare & Social Security & Medicare & Selective Incorporation....that burn my ass.

You'll just have to work harder at this one.....and I'll work just as hard against you.

Isn't America great !!!!

Fair enough sir, but I'll fight your social communism until the end.

That will be when we're finally free to make choices on our own, without the help of your guider/protectorate authoritarian government..

I respect that. As long as you don't rely on the courts to short cut the democratic process (like they did in CA).

In the meantime, I'll continue to live proud knowing that conservatives in places like Wyoming were giving women the right to vote in local elections 50 years prior to the passage of the 19th.

But while you are fighting the guider protector "nanny"....will you please help us get rid of social security (or do we need that protection) and seat belt laws (if I want to go through the windshield....don't save me) ?

But you just used the bible to justify no plural marriage.

You are so cute. The way you try to come off as an adult.

Now run along and let the adults take care of things.

No, what it shows is we have laws on the book in all 50 states that provide a contractual basis between two people to form a union. The bible has nothing really to do with that fact. Denial of a class of people, based on their sexual orientation, which is completely legal, and no longer considered any sort of debilitating disease, is a deprivation of equal protection.

There is no class of people as you like to call them.

There are men and there are women.

Someone was arguing the other day for gay marriage (who or she loves) and against polygamy (total abuse of women....even thought marriage is never an abuse of women ?)

I asked about a bisexual ?

They walked out of the lunch room.

Are you totally stoned? There is certainly a class of people. Those who happen to be homosexual.

As for polygamy, that shit doesn't fly. All 50 states have laws against it. So the equal protection argument isn't even relevant.

You'll get over it.

There are many things.....like Obamacare & Social Security & Medicare & Selective Incorporation....that burn my ass.

You'll just have to work harder at this one.....and I'll work just as hard against you.

Isn't America great !!!!

That will be when we're finally free to make choices on our own, without the help of your guider/protectorate authoritarian government..

I respect that. As long as you don't rely on the courts to short cut the democratic process (like they did in CA).

In the meantime, I'll continue to live proud knowing that conservatives in places like Wyoming were giving women the right to vote in local elections 50 years prior to the passage of the 19th.

But while you are fighting the guider protector "nanny"....will you please help us get rid of social security (or do we need that protection) and seat belt laws (if I want to go through the windshield....don't save me) ?

Of course Kevin will push for those things, he's pro-liberty, hence his position on marriage equality.

You'll get over it.

Isn't America great !!!!

I'll be glad to help you get rid of both of those things.

I'm in my late 20's, have paid about $1,000 YTD into SS, and don't expect (unfortunately) to see that money ever again.....

The supreme court must prove that people have a right too marry.

No, they do not.

They simply need to rule that married people cannot be granted rights that are not available to people that cannot marry.

Therefore, any benefits, tax breaks, or custodial rights must be granted to all, or to none.

States are free to define marriage, that is true, the question is one of abridging the individual rights of homosexuals, by not allowing them access to the benefits that married couples have access to.

I'm not against our voting process, I'm against the tyranny they've voted for.

When fellow citizens willingly vote away their liberties and the amount of choices they have under law, it just boils my blood.

Again, sad day for America, small gov't, and freedom...

What about Bestiality, Polygamy? Why do we have laws against those two things? Why aren't the rights of people who like teenagers protected to be with teenagers?

Beastiality is illegal because animals cannot give consent, I don't know why polygamy is illegal.

Consent? they can't consent to be the next meal but we use them for the next meal.

I guess I have to keep repeating my answers to the same questions.

Beastiality is animal abuse, animals can't consent.

Polygame should be legal.

We determine an age where lawfully people can consent or not, that's 18, so it doesn't matter if a 14 year old "wants" to marry a 40 year old.

I need to copy and paste, cuz i'm sure i'll have to repeat myself again.

How do you know it's abuse is it because society perceives it as abuse and is abnormal?

We do have laws against it and no one is complaining selective rights I guess?

We determine an age where lawfully people can consent or not, that's 18, so it doesn't matter if a 14 year old "wants" to marry a 40 year old.

You're talking about rights being taken away but you aren't defending the rights of those who like to have sex with animals or who like to have more than one spouse or like to marry someone who might be a teenager. Selective rights that's what you believe in.

Because animals can't consent. No consent=abuse.

Again, no consent=abuse

No, I don't defend people or animals having sexual things done to them without consent.

Gays getting married are between 2 consenting adults. Gays shouldn't need your stamp of approval to get married just like you shouldn't need gays to give you a stamp of approval to get married.

Consent? they can't consent to be the next meal but we use them for the next meal.

What about Bestiality, Polygamy? Why do we have laws against those two things? Why aren't the rights of people who like teenagers protected to be with teenagers?

Beastiality is illegal because animals cannot give consent, I don't know why polygamy is illegal.

Good post.

Neither do I. The part about "teenagers" is Bush league. I wanted to say thank you for not regurgitating it and starting another 1,000 replies. Duh...they are teens; i.e. not adults.
According to obama 26 years old are not adults. Try again.

Uh, no. Beastiality is not illegal because it's "abuse" of animals to do it.

It's illegal because it's disgusting and taboo. Animals don't have to give "consent" for anything, you retard. That's how we can keep them as pets, buy, sell, breed and eat them.

Yep.

Cold day in hell that you will ever be considered normal...

You believe in a lifestyle that is not considered normal never has been and is of no value. If being gay was normal why aren't human asexual? Why is it when a child is born with a dick and a vagina the doctor will suggest to cut one off?

Because being with two parts can con...wait why am I answering this dumb shit. Fuck you you stupid motherfucker.

I believe in minding my own business and the pursuit of happiness. I am for freedom and liberty,unlike you brain dead trolls who are not.
Why aren't you minding your own business now? This is a North Carolina issue mind your own fucking business. Hows that? Dumb ass.

How do you know it's abuse is it because society perceives it as abuse and is abnormal?

We do have laws against it and no one is complaining selective rights I guess?

You're talking about rights being taken away but you aren't defending the rights of those who like to have sex with animals or who like to have more than one spouse or like to marry someone who might be a teenager. Selective rights that's what you believe in.

Again, no consent=abuse

No, I don't defend people or animals having sexual things done to them without consent.

Gays getting married are between 2 consenting adults. Gays shouldn't need your stamp of approval to get married just like you shouldn't need gays to give you a stamp of approval to get married.

We're dealing with laws of gov't, not laws of nature.

Can we get back to having an adult conversation?

Are you totally stoned? There is certainly a class of people. Those who happen to be homosexual.

As for polygamy, that shit doesn't fly. All 50 states have laws against it. So the equal protection argument isn't even relevant.

Wait, why shouldn't polygamy be legal?

There are already child abuse laws on the books that prevent most of the historic abuses of polygamous relationships, and certainly more laws could be written to ensure they don't occur again if polygamy is legalized.

So, what's the problem?

You believe in a lifestyle that is not considered normal never has been and is of no value. If being gay was normal why aren't human asexual? Why is it when a child is born with a dick and a vagina the doctor will suggest to cut one off?

Because being with two parts can con...wait why am I answering this dumb shit. Fuck you you stupid motherfucker.

I believe in minding my own business and the pursuit of happiness. I am for freedom and liberty,unlike you brain dead trolls who are not.

Authoritarian Republicans, the "New Left Wing American party".

Just calling it like it is...

I believe in defending rights if they are what I see as normal rights same sex marriage is not normal.

Of course Kevin will push for those things, he's pro-liberty, hence his position on marriage equality.

No he isn't not even you.

Again, no consent=abuse

What does that have to do with not being allowed to consent to be the next meal? The animal not consenting has nothing to do with beastiality being illegal, it's not normal and is viewed as abnormal, that's why it's illegal.

What does that have to do with not being allowed to consent to be the next meal? The animal not consenting has nothing to do with beastiality being illegal, it's not normal and is viewed as abnormal, that's why it's illegal.

Having sex without consent is abuse, and it is abuse to have a dog and starve it to death.

By having a grown up conversation I mean stopping this retarded, childish, homosexuality=beastiality bullshit.

If you think being gay is abormal voting against equality isn't going to make people not be gay. And also don't worry no matter when gay marriage becomes legal nationwide, you'll still have the right to be a homophobe.

Last edited:

Having sex without consent is abuse, and it is abuse to have a dog and starve it to death.

By having a grown up conversation I mean stopping this retarded, childish, homosexuality=beastiality bullshit.

If you think being gay is abormal voting against equality isn't going to make people not be gay. And also don't worry no matter when gay marriage becomes legal nationwide, you'll still have the right to be a homophobe.
Who says having sex with an animal is abuse? Is it because society says so?

Animals do not consent to be our meal but we use them for that purpose anyway.

You are making my point thank you there are certain rights you will defend and certain rights that you will not defend. You view beastiality as abnormal and will not defend the right of those people who like to have sex with animals. I view same sex marriage as abnormal and will not defend that person right to marry someone of the same sex. That's why I cannot be a hard core libertarian, I choose not to defend certain right that I see as abnormal, just as you do.

Forum List

Back