Not Funny- That'll Cost You

He told a joke that was in somewhat poor taste. He was fined $42,000. I say you don't punish someone for being irreverent. What say you?

"...comedian explained that the young boy suffering from Treacher Collins Syndrome became somewhat famous around Canada because he was dying. He sang for the pope in 2006 and later released an album. Each event, Ward said, received front-page coverage. Several years later, the boy hadn’t died and was writing a book.

And the joke became, ‘Why isn’t he dead yet?’ Like, he was supposed to die.."

continued here
Canadian Comedian Fined $42,000 for Tasteless Joke
This fails as both a false comparison fallacy and slippery slope fallacy.

The United States is a Constitutional Republic, Canada is a democracy; two different countries, two different legal systems – it’s a lie to claim that it’s “coming soon to the United States.”
Try reading what was written before throwing out your usual fallacy lines.

He told a joke that was in somewhat poor taste. He was fined $42,000. I say you don't punish someone for being irreverent. What say you?

"...comedian explained that the young boy suffering from Treacher Collins Syndrome became somewhat famous around Canada because he was dying. He sang for the pope in 2006 and later released an album. Each event, Ward said, received front-page coverage. Several years later, the boy hadn’t died and was writing a book.

continued here
The irony here????? Its not funny unless your there I guess...if anything the fine should be for being boring
Nah. There shouldn't even be a fine for saying something as insipid as you just did.

We didn't blow anybody up first, you dupe.

Uh, yeah, we kind of did.

We supported the Zionists.
We supported the awful government like the Shah.
We carpet bombed Iraq.
We armed the Muhajadin in Afghanistan (who went on to become the Taliban and Al Qaeda).
We armed Saddam until he turned on us.

This notion that we were just minding our own business when those mean old Muslims came over and started messing with us is either ignorant or arrogant.
You use a selectively inaccurate and biased chronology. Another lefty who leaves out the inconvenient dynamic of the Cold War.

I may be wrong, but Canada doesn't have a Constitutional guaranteeing the right to unabridged free speech, thus he can be fined.

I clearly said he was a dick, and then you supported tyranny.

Okay. But you guys think he should be able to be a dick, with no consequences.

I think there should be consequences.

So did the Human Rights Committee in Canada.
I think he should be booed where ever he goes and ends up having a lesser chance of getting work.

you think tyranny is the best idea.

I think he should be booed where ever he goes and ends up having a lesser chance of getting work.

you think tyranny is the best idea.

How does him getting booed help the young man he defamed?

Now, if he was being thrown in jail, beaten and forced to read a confession like Winston Smith at the end of 1984, then your whining and snivelling like a little bitch about "Tyranny" might not be so fucking laughable.

But he was made to pay damages to a young man he slandered. Just like he would in this country if he slandered him on this side of the border.

Damn, their masters are brutal. It would happen here too if we let liberals have their way.

So let me get this straight... A new Right Wing Hero is a guy who attacks a sick boy?

seriously? This is what you guys have come down to?

Hillary horror! ‘Get those f-ing retards out of here’

What the left wing hero thinks of certain people.

Got anything from a CREDIBLE source?

So all you have is the I don't believe it so it's not a credible source excuse? When Liberals can't refute facts they try to discredit a source thinking it changes the truth.

So all you have is the I don't believe it so it's not a credible source excuse? When Liberals can't refute facts they try to discredit a source thinking it changes the truth.

Well, no, you see, if this actually happened, it would be on all the credible news sources. Shit, if this actually happened, don't you think Fox News would be all over it? They'd get their resident retard, Sarah Palin, saying "Hillary said a no-word. Hillary Said a No-word!"

continued here
The irony here????? Its not funny unless your there I guess...if anything the fine should be for being boring
Nah. There shouldn't even be a fine for saying something as insipid as you just did.
What the A ever...my opinion, get over it.

Well, no, you see, if this actually happened, it would be on all the credible news sources. Shit, if this actually happened, don't you think Fox News would be all over it? They'd get their resident retard, Sarah Palin, saying "Hillary said a no-word. Hillary Said a No-word!"

That it wasn't on CNN, MSNBC, and the like, it tells me it did happen.

What it amounts to is it happened and you don't want to believe it. The funny thing is she was talking about you.

That it wasn't on CNN, MSNBC, and the like, it tells me it did happen.

What it amounts to is it happened and you don't want to believe it. The funny thing is she was talking about you.

But it wasn't on Fox News, either guy.

So it didn't happen.

You haven't proven your claims to me about you making what you say you make, paying the taxes you say you pay, and holding the job you say you have. That means, based on your criteria, you don't.

You haven't proven your claims to me about you making what you say you make, paying the taxes you say you pay, and holding the job you say you have. That means, based on your criteria, you don't.

Guy, I don't have to prove anything to you. But I'm sure you'll be here all day spewing your angry stuff while the rest of us are working to support you.

Guy, I don't have to prove anything to you. But I'm sure you'll be here all day spewing your angry stuff while the rest of us are working to support you.

No, you don't. What you need to understand is that if you don't, your claims are invalid.

Then, you make another claim that you do something you haven't proven you do and claim about me. I'll need proof of your claims or they'll be dismissed just like any value to society you may think you have.

Forum List

Back