🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Not Trolling....An Honest Question....Is The Democrat Party Dead?

The Democrats aren't much worse off than Republicans. Both have four to eight years of soul searching to do. Democrats are in a state of confusion for obvious reasons following Tuesday's results. Republicans on the other hand elected a relatively liberal President and reelected the same establishment Congress that liberal claims to oppose.

I sure don't think Trump is a liberal. Lol. I would say that he is a moderate republican. Almost ALL of his economic/fiscal views are totally opposite of liberal.

Only since he's been running for President. Apparently his views "evolved" at some point in his 60's.

I think he's always been rather fiscally conservative, being a business owner and a millionaire.

I'm not sure fiscally conservative is the term I would use for it. He has taken advantage of things like the tax code, bankruptcy laws, and cheap foreign labor to make a fortune. He's a smart business man, but avoiding paying taxes because you lost over $900 million doesn't sound fiscally conservative.
But making Mexico pay for it does.

Libertarians like multi national corporations. I actually feel that there are regulations needed on companies. I am also in favor of some form of control over the energy distribution network. I am constantly wobbling between nationalizing them, or requiring they be non profit corporations. Either way, residential power would be lower.

Well, not to kiss up to a MOD, but I pretty much agree with all of your views that you mentioned. I might lean left on some social issues, but I sure don't consider myself a liberal. :)

"LIBERTY" from government...... The classical liberal meaning.

Yes, but we all know that there is a pretty big difference between a classical liberal and liberals of today.

The people who claim they are liberals today are "PROGRESSIVES". Huge difference. Progressives are scum.
They are fascists, not progressive.

Progressivism is humanitarianism full stop.

Progressive is merely another word for fascist. When you look at the history books the progressives of the era were all in favor of Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini. They are naturally attracted to totalitarian governmental systems. Like I said, they are scum.

The Democrats aren't much worse off than Republicans. Both have four to eight years of soul searching to do. Democrats are in a state of confusion for obvious reasons following Tuesday's results. Republicans on the other hand elected a relatively liberal President and reelected the same establishment Congress that liberal claims to oppose.

I sure don't think Trump is a liberal. Lol. I would say that he is a moderate republican. Almost ALL of his economic/fiscal views are totally opposite of liberal.

Only since he's been running for President. Apparently his views "evolved" at some point in his 60's.

I think he's always been rather fiscally conservative, being a business owner and a millionaire.

I'm not sure fiscally conservative is the term I would use for it. He has taken advantage of things like the tax code, bankruptcy laws, and cheap foreign labor to make a fortune. He's a smart business man, but avoiding paying taxes because you lost over $900 million doesn't sound fiscally conservative.

He avoided paying taxes or used legal loopholes that our government has known about for a very long time and has done absolutely nothing to end them?

As I said he's a smart business man. I didn't say he did anything illegal. Not the point. He rewarded himself for losing $900 million. He managed to avoid paying the government because he lost a shit ton of money. What is fiscally conservative about that?

Well, not to kiss up to a MOD, but I pretty much agree with all of your views that you mentioned. I might lean left on some social issues, but I sure don't consider myself a liberal. :)

Yes, but we all know that there is a pretty big difference between a classical liberal and liberals of today.

The people who claim they are liberals today are "PROGRESSIVES". Huge difference. Progressives are scum.

Progressive is merely another word for fascist. When you look at the history books the progressives of the era were all in favor of Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini. They are naturally attracted to totalitarian governmental systems. Like I said, they are scum.

He avoided paying taxes or used legal loopholes that our government has known about for a very long time and has done absolutely nothing to end them?

As I said he's a smart business man. I didn't say he did anything illegal. Not the point. He rewarded himself for losing $900 million. He managed to avoid paying the government because he lost a shit ton of money. What is fiscally conservative about that?

Fiscally conservative = lower taxes for business, lowering debt, less government spending.

Yeah, but progressive also implies progress from a human perspective.

It is no different from the word "liberal" being used by Democrats when the old liberals were just libertarians with another name.

Hitler loved animals. Was he really that bad of a guy?

He also loved art.

I guess he was the original SJW.

I would like an honest discussion regarding the current state of the Democrat Party based on the latest election. But first the facts.

1. The GOP now effectively controls all three branches of Government.

2. The GOP controls 35 Governorships

3. The GOP now controls 37 Statehouses.

Politics is much like baseball in that you develop political talent at the State and local level. The GOP has without question a much deeper bench than the Democrats based their domination in State and local politics.

The Democrat formula for decades to win elections is they must get 40% of the white vote and 90% of the black vote. In the last two election cycles the Democrats have struggled to get 37% of the white vote and have not gotten 90% of the black vote. This is why they lost.

Exit polling indicates Hillary got 37% of the white vote, but as we all know the exit polling predicted a Hillary victory. The reality is she probably got less than 37%.

The Democrat Party has lost white males as a voting block.....probably forever. They are rapidly losing white women, and we know working class whites feel abandoned by the Democrat Party and went for Trump in a big way.

The Democrat Party seems to believe they no longer need white voters even though whites comprise 2/3 of the electoral and will be the dominant voting block for many years to come.

The Democrat "war on women" meme no longer works. Pandering to non-whites the last two elections cycles obviously is no longer working.

So the question is: where does the Democrat Party go from here? Please discuss.

2016 election results: National Exit polls

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry

Then again it won more votes in the Presidential election than the Republicans, and won 7 more House seats than last time and increased it's seats in the Senate by 2.

The popular vote for the House aren't out, but it'd be interesting to see if the Democrats won more votes. It could be a system that literally promotes the Republican Party. In 2012 the Democrats got more votes, and yet the Republicans were the majority party.

No wonder the Republicans don't want proper Democracy, they know they'd never win, they need a rigged system.

I would like an honest discussion regarding the current state of the Democrat Party based on the latest election. But first the facts.

Politics is much like baseball in that you develop political talent at the State and local level. The GOP has without question a much deeper bench than the Democrats based their domination in State and local politics.

The Democrat formula for decades to win elections is they must get 40% of the white vote and 90% of the black vote. In the last two election cycles the Democrats have struggled to get 37% of the white vote and have not gotten 90% of the black vote. This is why they lost.

Exit polling indicates Hillary got 37% of the white vote, but as we all know the exit polling predicted a Hillary victory. The reality is she probably got less than 37%.

The Democrat Party has lost white males as a voting block.....probably forever. They are rapidly losing white women, and we know working class whites feel abandoned by the Democrat Party and went for Trump in a big way.

The Democrat Party seems to believe they no longer need white voters even though whites comprise 2/3 of the electoral and will be the dominant voting block for many years to come.

The Democrat "war on women" meme no longer works. Pandering to non-whites the last two elections cycles obviously is no longer working.

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry

Then again it won more votes in the Presidential election than the Republicans, and won 7 more House seats than last time and increased it's seats in the Senate by 2.

The popular vote for the House aren't out, but it'd be interesting to see if the Democrats won more votes. It could be a system that literally promotes the Republican Party. In 2012 the Democrats got more votes, and yet the Republicans were the majority party.

No wonder the Republicans don't want proper Democracy, they know they'd never win, they need a rigged system.

Irony. Lol.

He also loved art.

He loved art too? I'm finding it increasingly hard to hate this guy.

Fiscally conservative = lower taxes for business, lowering debt, less government spending.

That's only the same mantra the GOP has been chanting for decades. It has done nothing to lower the debt.

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry

Link?

He also loved art.

He also liked burning Jews, some people would have more of a problem with his love for art than burning Jews.

He also loved art.

He also liked burning Jews, some people would have more of a problem with his love for art than burning Jews.
Progressives overlooked the Jews part....scary, no?

This thread comes up every four years by the winning side asking this question about the losing party.

It should be noted that if results stay as they are, the Democratic Party will have won the popular vote in six of the last seven Presidential elections, including this one. So it's hard to say that they're dead.

This thread comes up every four years by the winning side asking this question about the losing party.

It should be noted that if results stay as they are, the Democratic Party will have won the popular vote in six of the last seven Presidential elections, including this one. So it's hard to say that they're dead.
Link?

He also loved art.

Dude, we all make mistakes.

They are dying.

Regular people are literally calling Hillary supporters tweeting about killing random white people(and Trump),anti-white racists, when previously no one would even care or would actually try to legitimize it.

You morons thought I was kidding when I posted "-1000 white votes" every time a Hillary supporter on here posted anti-white crap, but now that Trump's victory is seen as a sign that people actually do care about racism against white people, the Democrats literally are bleeding votes for every retard in their party.

Democrats are the anti-white, anti-western, anti-Christian and anti-male party, and Republican candidates can now call them out on it without reprisal.

Trump is also quickly changing attitudes in Europe, and if they go against globalism then the modern left is literally gone forever.

Politics is a lot more than just the Presidency. You guys should have learned that during the Obama years but you did not, and used it as a fig leaf to cover up the real and deep problems with your Party.

Completely wrong. They were in the opposite camp; they were on the side of empowering people against authoritarian systems. And once again you catch yourself trying to apply to modern events a term from an era a century ago that has long since passed, so the point is moot anyway.

Where in the wide world of sports do you learn your history?

And as I told you before --- it's "AS I said", not "LIKE I said".

Forum List

Back