🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Not Trolling....An Honest Question....Is The Democrat Party Dead?

I would like an honest discussion regarding the current state of the Democrat Party based on the latest election. But first the facts.

1. The GOP now effectively controls all three branches of Government.

2. The GOP controls 35 Governorships

3. The GOP now controls 37 Statehouses.

Politics is much like baseball in that you develop political talent at the State and local level. The GOP has without question a much deeper bench than the Democrats based their domination in State and local politics.

The Democrat formula for decades to win elections is they must get 40% of the white vote and 90% of the black vote. In the last two election cycles the Democrats have struggled to get 37% of the white vote and have not gotten 90% of the black vote. This is why they lost.

Exit polling indicates Hillary got 37% of the white vote, but as we all know the exit polling predicted a Hillary victory. The reality is she probably got less than 37%.

The Democrat Party has lost white males as a voting block.....probably forever. They are rapidly losing white women, and we know working class whites feel abandoned by the Democrat Party and went for Trump in a big way.

The Democrat Party seems to believe they no longer need white voters even though whites comprise 2/3 of the electoral and will be the dominant voting block for many years to come.

The Democrat "war on women" meme no longer works. Pandering to non-whites the last two elections cycles obviously is no longer working.

So the question is: where does the Democrat Party go from here? Please discuss.

2016 election results: National Exit polls

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry

One election means a party is dead? I am confused by your tactics here...... If that's the case then the Republican party was long dead after the past 8 years...... This always happens everyone gets pissed with the Dems so they vote in all republicans soon everyone will get pissed with the Republicans and vote in all Dems. Oh and if anyone other then Hillary ran Trump would of lost. See how Trump and the Republicans do in the midterms and then in the next Presidential election.

I would like an honest discussion regarding the current state of the Democrat Party based on the latest election. But first the facts.

Politics is much like baseball in that you develop political talent at the State and local level. The GOP has without question a much deeper bench than the Democrats based their domination in State and local politics.

The Democrat formula for decades to win elections is they must get 40% of the white vote and 90% of the black vote. In the last two election cycles the Democrats have struggled to get 37% of the white vote and have not gotten 90% of the black vote. This is why they lost.

Exit polling indicates Hillary got 37% of the white vote, but as we all know the exit polling predicted a Hillary victory. The reality is she probably got less than 37%.

The Democrat Party has lost white males as a voting block.....probably forever. They are rapidly losing white women, and we know working class whites feel abandoned by the Democrat Party and went for Trump in a big way.

The Democrat Party seems to believe they no longer need white voters even though whites comprise 2/3 of the electoral and will be the dominant voting block for many years to come.

The Democrat "war on women" meme no longer works. Pandering to non-whites the last two elections cycles obviously is no longer working.

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry

Here in Nevada we're pretty strong. But at the national level they need to get out of micro managing every aspect of the presidential election process. The DNC corruption that wikileaks exposed needs to be rooted out and those who are guilty need to be let go.
Why are you a democrat? 100% of your words I read here demonstrate you are center right to RWNJ range....I've never attacked you for liberal'ing....you defended conservative positions.....

You are a riddle wrapped in an enigma my friend.......do you need us to stage an intervention??

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry

Here in Nevada we're pretty strong. But at the national level they need to get out of micro managing every aspect of the presidential election process. The DNC corruption that wikileaks exposed needs to be rooted out and those who are guilty need to be let go.
Trump will win Nevada in 2020.

Possibly. He came close as it is. It all depends on how good a job he does. If he does half of what he promised to do he will win reelection with ease. If he doesn't he will be a one termer. And rightfully so.

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry

Why are you a democrat? 100% of your words I read here demonstrate you are center right to RWNJ range....I've never attacked you for liberal'ing....you defended conservative positions.....

You are a riddle wrapped in an enigma my friend.......do you need us to stage an intervention??

I am a Constitutional Fundamentalist. I am for gay marriage, I am for most socially liberal positions. I am for the unfettered ownership of firearms. Basically if it is a choice of government control, or individual control, in all aspects of life, I choose the individuals right to do as they please so long as they harm no one. I also am against multi national corporations. They are the force trying to turn this country into a fascist hell hole.

Please note, I am not against rich people. I have no problem with the rich, nor do I want to take their money away from them....unless, they use their political connections to pass legislation that enriches their pocket book while taking it from someone else. That bugs the shit out of me.

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry

I am a Constitutional Fundamentalist. I am for gay marriage, I am for most socially liberal positions. I am for the unfettered ownership of firearms. Basically if it is a choice of government control, or individual control, in all aspects of life, I choose the individuals right to do as they please so long as they harm no one. I also am against multi national corporations. They are the force trying to turn this country into a fascist hell hole.

Please note, I am not against rich people. I have no problem with the rich, nor do I want to take their money away from them....unless, they use their political connections to pass legislation that enriches their pocket book while taking it from someone else. That bugs the shit out of me.
See....

I have friends, an intervention is not that difficult to arrange.....

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry

Sounds like a libertarian to me. :)

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry

Libertarians like multi national corporations. I actually feel that there are regulations needed on companies. I am also in favor of some form of control over the energy distribution network. I am constantly wobbling between nationalizing them, or requiring they be non profit corporations. Either way, residential power would be lower.

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry

Libertarians like multi national corporations. I actually feel that there are regulations needed on companies. I am also in favor of some form of control over the energy distribution network. I am constantly wobbling between nationalizing them, or requiring they be non profit corporations. Either way, residential power would be lower.

Well, not to kiss up to a MOD, but I pretty much agree with all of your views that you mentioned. I might lean left on some social issues, but I sure don't consider myself a liberal. :)

Well, not to kiss up to a MOD, but I pretty much agree with all of your views that you mentioned. I might lean left on some social issues, but I sure don't consider myself a liberal. :)

"LIBERTY" from government...... The classical liberal meaning.

Yes, but we all know that there is a pretty big difference between a classical liberal and liberals of today.

Yes, but we all know that there is a pretty big difference between a classical liberal and liberals of today.

The people who claim they are liberals today are "PROGRESSIVES". Huge difference. Progressives are scum.

The people who claim they are liberals today are "PROGRESSIVES". Huge difference. Progressives are scum.

I prefer to call them social justice warriors.

The Democrats aren't much worse off than Republicans. Both have four to eight years of soul searching to do. Democrats are in a state of confusion for obvious reasons following Tuesday's results. Republicans on the other hand elected a relatively liberal President and reelected the same establishment Congress that liberal claims to oppose.

Hillary is America's Bin Laden. She is a terrorist. You don't see her trying to diffuse the wackos who follow her.

The Democrats aren't much worse off than Republicans. Both have four to eight years of soul searching to do. Democrats are in a state of confusion for obvious reasons following Tuesday's results. Republicans on the other hand elected a relatively liberal President and reelected the same establishment Congress that liberal claims to oppose.

I sure don't think Trump is a liberal. Lol. I would say that he is a moderate republican. Almost ALL of his economic/fiscal views are totally opposite of liberal.

I sure don't think Trump is a liberal. Lol. I would say that he is a moderate republican. Almost ALL of his economic/fiscal views are totally opposite of liberal.

Only since he's been running for President. Apparently his views "evolved" at some point in his 60's.

Only since he's been running for President. Apparently his views "evolved" at some point in his 60's.

I think he's always been rather fiscally conservative, being a business owner and a millionaire.

They are fascists, not progressive.

Progressivism is humanitarianism full stop.

I think he's always been rather fiscally conservative, being a business owner and a millionaire.

I'm not sure fiscally conservative is the term I would use for it. He has taken advantage of things like the tax code, bankruptcy laws, and cheap foreign labor to make a fortune. He's a smart business man, but avoiding paying taxes because you lost over $900 million doesn't sound fiscally conservative.

I'm not sure fiscally conservative is the term I would use for it. He has taken advantage of things like the tax code, bankruptcy laws, and cheap foreign labor to make a fortune. He's a smart business man, but avoiding paying taxes because you lost over $900 million doesn't sound fiscally conservative.

He avoided paying taxes or used legal loopholes that our government has known about for a very long time and has done absolutely nothing to end them?

Forum List

Back