🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Not Trolling....An Honest Question....Is The Democrat Party Dead?

Except the Democrats were lying. They had a democrat prrsident but nothing else. On that slender thread the dimwits said that republicans were dead and would never win another national election.

The democrats are really dead. Rather than throw a tantrum they should look for leadership.

There is no candidate that the Democrats can run in 2020. All the momentum is with republicans.
That is the real reason why they are trying to get rid of the electoral college.

The Electoral College is a farce. A vestige of slavery and the "Three Fifths Compromise" -- days when a popular vote as we have now didn't exist, and state representation was completely perverted by counting people who couldn't vote. It has no function in the modern era, and that's been true for a long, long time.

And it effectively disenfranchises everybody who lives in a locked-red or locked-blue state. So for example ChrisL had no vote. She could have voted for Rump, for Clinton or stayed home, and the effect in all three cases would have been exactly the same.

That's why I voted for Nader in 2000. I was living in a red state so my vote didn't matter anyway --- so I might as well launch as feeble a protest against the rigged system as I can.

Sounds like some deep butt hurt. :(

Except the Democrats were lying. They had a democrat prrsident but nothing else. On that slender thread the dimwits said that republicans were dead and would never win another national election.

The democrats are really dead. Rather than throw a tantrum they should look for leadership.

There is no candidate that the Democrats can run in 2020. All the momentum is with republicans.
That is the real reason why they are trying to get rid of the electoral college.

The Electoral College is a farce. A vestige of slavery and the "Three Fifths Compromise" -- days when a popular vote as we have now didn't exist, and state representation was completely perverted by counting people who couldn't vote. It has no function in the modern era, and that's been true for a long, long time.

And it effectively disenfranchises everybody who lives in a locked-red or locked-blue state. So for example ChrisL had no vote. She could have voted for Rump, for Clinton or stayed home, and the effect in all three cases would have been exactly the same.

That's why I voted for Nader in 2000. I was living in a red state so my vote didn't matter anyway --- so I might as well launch as feeble a protest against the rigged system as I can.

Ah, quit ya bitchin and kneel in praise of your new King, Donald Trump. It's over. You lost.

GO TRUMP! GO TRUMP!

What part of that point can either of you you refute?

Exactly.

There's a whole 'nother thread on this anyway. It comes up every election.

You just do what you're told son. You're a King Donald subject now. So, less whining, more kneeling & praising your new King. :)

Sorry Bruce ---- I don't swing that way. :gay:

You can't kill evil.......not even if you put a stake in it, fill it's mouth with garlic, chop off it's head and bury it in a cross roads...evil doesn't die....it just continues to undermine the country....

Dean Winchester is that you!?!

I would like an honest discussion regarding the current state of the Democrat Party based on the latest election. But first the facts.

1. The GOP now effectively controls all three branches of Government.

2. The GOP controls 35 Governorships

3. The GOP now controls 37 Statehouses.

Politics is much like baseball in that you develop political talent at the State and local level. The GOP has without question a much deeper bench than the Democrats based their domination in State and local politics.

The Democrat formula for decades to win elections is they must get 40% of the white vote and 90% of the black vote. In the last two election cycles the Democrats have struggled to get 37% of the white vote and have not gotten 90% of the black vote. This is why they lost.

Exit polling indicates Hillary got 37% of the white vote, but as we all know the exit polling predicted a Hillary victory. The reality is she probably got less than 37%.

The Democrat Party has lost white males as a voting block.....probably forever. They are rapidly losing white women, and we know working class whites feel abandoned by the Democrat Party and went for Trump in a big way.

The Democrat Party seems to believe they no longer need white voters even though whites comprise 2/3 of the electoral and will be the dominant voting block for many years to come.

The Democrat "war on women" meme no longer works. Pandering to non-whites the last two elections cycles obviously is no longer working.

So the question is: where does the Democrat Party go from here? Please discuss.

2016 election results: National Exit polls

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry
I hope not...we need opposition to keep us sharp and effective...virtuous and productive. All the democrats need is new members...who understand America.

The conservative party has died twice. Each time coming back with a new name and an old program. It seems our political cycle is for the conservatives to create some economic disaster, and then the nation elects the Democratic party to help the nation recover. The biggest question is how could the Republicans have abandoned their claim to Lincoln?
Was Lincoln a liberal?

Ah, quit ya bitchin and kneel in praise of your new King, Donald Trump. It's over. You lost.

GO TRUMP! GO TRUMP!

Exactly.

You just do what you're told son. You're a King Donald subject now. So, less whining, more kneeling & praising your new King. :)

You'll do what you're told son. There's a new King in town. Submit to to his royal authority, or suffer the consequences.

You can't kill evil.......not even if you put a stake in it, fill it's mouth with garlic, chop off it's head and bury it in a cross roads...evil doesn't die....it just continues to undermine the country....

Please...I don't like to post with my real name....

You must have watched Supernatural if you know that name... After I read your response I thought of him and it made me laugh!

Not Trolling....An Honest Question....Is The Democrat Party Dead?

Ah, a question on the nature of existence. I like it.

Can something in fact "die" if it has never existed? :eusa_think:

I think not. "Death" requires a pre-existing life".

Equally intriguing question ---- is the Republic Party "dead"?

That sounded good to you?

GO TRUMP! GO TRUMP!

Exactly.

You'll do what you're told son. There's a new King in town. Submit to to his royal authority, or suffer the consequences.

Look, I am sure many will agree to say " All Hail the Queen " when Donald come limp wrist in but he's no King...:ack-1::50:

:scared1::rock:

The conservative party has died twice. Each time coming back with a new name and an old program. It seems our political cycle is for the conservatives to create some economic disaster, and then the nation elects the Democratic party to help the nation recover. The biggest question is how could the Republicans have abandoned their claim to Lincoln?
Was Lincoln a liberal?
Still waiting for the recover part.

I would like an honest discussion regarding the current state of the Democrat Party based on the latest election. But first the facts.

Politics is much like baseball in that you develop political talent at the State and local level. The GOP has without question a much deeper bench than the Democrats based their domination in State and local politics.

The Democrat formula for decades to win elections is they must get 40% of the white vote and 90% of the black vote. In the last two election cycles the Democrats have struggled to get 37% of the white vote and have not gotten 90% of the black vote. This is why they lost.

Exit polling indicates Hillary got 37% of the white vote, but as we all know the exit polling predicted a Hillary victory. The reality is she probably got less than 37%.

The Democrat Party has lost white males as a voting block.....probably forever. They are rapidly losing white women, and we know working class whites feel abandoned by the Democrat Party and went for Trump in a big way.

The Democrat Party seems to believe they no longer need white voters even though whites comprise 2/3 of the electoral and will be the dominant voting block for many years to come.

The Democrat "war on women" meme no longer works. Pandering to non-whites the last two elections cycles obviously is no longer working.

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry
I hope not...we need opposition to keep us sharp and effective...virtuous and productive. All the democrats need is new members...who understand America.

For me, both parties need voters to sharpen up some and not be so gullible. we dodged a real bullet with Hillary coming that close. Sure, Trump is a huge question mark, but it's already looking like he is headed towards business as usual presidency judging from the company he is keeping these days. Still, a question mark is better then a for sure like Hillary.

No people do this all the time in politics after the Republicans won the Presidency three times in a row with Reagan and Bush Sr the Democratic Party was supposed to be dead but along came Bill Clinton who served two terms. The Republican Party was supposed to be dying and now Trump wins this stuff always goes in cycles neither party stays up or down forever.

Please...I don't like to post with my real name....

You must have watched Supernatural if you know that name... After I read your response I thought of him and it made me laugh!

I watched the first few seasons......I like the concept, and I like the funny episodes the best........their anti God stuff gets old though...

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry

For me, both parties need voters to sharpen up some and not be so gullible. we dodged a real bullet with Hillary coming that close. Sure, Trump is a huge question mark, but it's already looking like he is headed towards business as usual presidency judging from the company he is keeping these days. Still, a question mark is better then a for sure like Hillary.
What company would you prefer? Names?

The real question is: does Trump mean the end of the Republican party?

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry

Not trolling lol, too funny.

Was the Democratic party dead in 2001?

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry

What company would you prefer? Names?

I'll start with the ones I don't like and why right off the bat due to their record on issues that are important to me.

Dump Chris "crispy cream" Christy. His behavior with Obama was just disgusting, he supports gun control, specifically an "assault weapons" ban and supported sanctuary cities. There is also the fact that even though it's stupid he will soon be all wrapped up in controversy over the "bridgegate" stupidity.

Dump Rudy Giuliani. He is also for an "assault weapons" ban as well as pro amnesty and like Crispy Cream, was one of the old time goodol'boy RINO's.

Dump. Huckaboo. He is also pro amnesty and if any one issue brought Trump into the spotlight it was illegal immegration, the wall and stopping a blanket amnesty. I'm good with the Huckaboo on guns, but he is a slimy cat other wise.

Dick Perry. This guy is a assistance kissing slut. Just a worm. That aside, He supports a blanket amnesty and championed and signed the Texas dream act for illegals over Texas residents and natural born americans.

Then there is this Steven Mnuchin, a 17 year Goldman Sachs employee. Trump said everyone else was bad because they had dealings with this company yet, here he is.

Those are a few. All of them have shown tear opinions run contrary to what Trump ran on. He needs to remember that and why so many voted NOT hillary or he will be a one term presidant.

GO TRUMP! GO TRUMP!

Exactly.

I know this will sound strange to an asshat who sleeps in his knee pads but I've never "done what I'm told" in my life and that ain't about to start changing any time soon. So happy slurping and groveling but --- I'll pass. :eusa_hand:

But again, like the whole jailing political prisoners thing, like the whole 'grab some pussy' thing ..... it speaks volumes about who you are. :gay:

Nah, you're a King Donald subject now. You will do what you're told... or suffer the consequences.

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry

Basically I think that's accurate --- in effect the country had a choice between Same Old Thing and Complete Crapshoot, and said what the hell, let's go with Crapshoot.

Not in any way shape or form an ideal choice, and that's the real issue.

theDoctorisIn

Foxfyre

Sherry

Basically I think that's accurate --- in effect the country had a choice between Same Old Thing and Complete Crapshoot, and said what the hell, let's go with Crapshoot.

Not in any way shape or form an ideal choice, and that's the real issue.

Nope. it's like tear ass'en down the highway and your breaks go out. do you hit the guard rail and crash out, or put it in the ditch and hope you don't flip the car?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back