Now Is The Time To Raise The Retirement Age

The only thing wrong with that G5000 is just the other day I was reading about the average life span of 60 as you say when SS was created but this number is deceiving.....the reason the avg was 60 is because we had a lot more deaths for children under a few years old, either death at childbirth or within a couple of years of birth, and if you hit say 20 yrs old, then you were likely to live until your mid 70's or 80's....

I am not saying the age of retirement should not be changed, but just saying it is not true that those that reached retirement age only lived a few years of collecting Social Security....that is not true, they lived for a decade and a half or more on social security, even back then.
You missed the other salient fact I posted.

I pointed out that in 1935, only 5.4% of the population was over 65, and that today 15% is over 65. A larger and larger percentage of Americans are over 65. The entitlement load is growing and growing and growing.

To drive home that point, I posted this graphic to demonstrate the unsustainability of this trend:

worker_per_beneficiary_chart_jpeg.jpg

The fact that you are almost certainly enjoying an overpaid pension by some leftist government institution explains your views in complete detail.

Yep would be good to cut it, Middle aged and stopped working, who do you think pays for your free shit?

Trumplings should abandon their love for the phrase "free shit"
Cuz that's what the new Republican tax plan just gave the top 1% who will now get 86% of the spoils

No, free shit is giving something to someone that is not already theirs.

If a robber pulls a gun on you, takes all your money from your wallet, then before leaving gives you twenty for cab fair, only you would classify that as accepting free shit, Right?
If you get a tax break that is paid for by charging EVERY taxpayer higher tax rates, that's accepting free shit, right?

The fact that you are almost certainly enjoying an overpaid pension by some leftist government institution explains your views in complete detail.

Yep would be good to cut it, Middle aged and stopped working, who do you think pays for your free shit?

Cuz that's what the new Republican tax plan just gave the top 1% who will now get 86% of the spoils

No, free shit is giving something to someone that is not already theirs.

If a robber pulls a gun on you, takes all your money from your wallet, then before leaving gives you twenty for cab fair, only you would classify that as accepting free shit, Right?
If you get a tax break that is paid for by charging EVERY taxpayer higher tax rates, that's accepting free shit, right?
It's more about getting the benefit of the gummit still spending, but giving the bill to future Americans. So it is accepting shit that someone else gets the bill for.

Now the gop is coming after Soc Sec and Medicare before the 18 elections too.

How long til you reach retirement age?
No matter what, I plan on working until I am 70. Maybe even 80. I would not be able to stand being idle.

That's nice.

so, because YOU'RE fine with working that long, you want to make it mandatory for everyone else?
We are living longer, we should be working longer. Don't be so lazy. Your attitude is the exact entitlement mindset which is destroying our country.

"Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."
not everyone has a job sitting on your ass behind a desk all day....some people have jobs that are physical and many of those jobs break the body down...should they be forced to work until they are 70?...
Yes. The 65 year old physical laborer of today is in better shape than the 65 year old physical laborer of 1935.

As I pointed out in an earlier post, the blue collar workers were even more disadvantaged in 1935 than today as far as living to collect Social Security goes.

We are living longer, we should be working longer. Common fricking sense.

Anyone who wants to have a longer retirement on the government dime than their ancestors did is lazy. That is the entitlement mindset which is destroying our country.

How long til you reach retirement age?
No matter what, I plan on working until I am 70. Maybe even 80. I would not be able to stand being idle.

That's nice.

so, because YOU'RE fine with working that long, you want to make it mandatory for everyone else?
We are living longer, we should be working longer. Don't be so lazy. Your attitude is the exact entitlement mindset which is destroying our country.

"Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

Then go for it. dont' start collecting your SS til you are in your 70s, possibly your 80s.

But don't force it on those that want to start collecting it at 65, and taking it easy.
You want to live on the government dime longer than your hard working ancestors did.

That's some lazy bullshit.

Did you people whine so much when Obammy added trillions to the debt?
Yes.

Next question.
Well, I didn't mind UI insurance and temporary aid to states so they could keep schools and Medicaid working.

And like you I'm not against lowering taxes on business .... so long as revenue is pretty much neutral.
I've been talking about raising the SS eligibility age since coming to this forum.

These low IQ tards think they can score points with stupid assumptions about me.

They fail.

Well then I'm fucked - retired two months before I turned 50.

woe is me.

Dumbass parasites like 7 think eveyone can work for the government, or they just don't give a shit about the taxpayers aho are supporting their asses.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

We are living longer.

How dare you ask to retire longer.

That's lazy bullshit.

We are living longer, and crashing Social Security.

We should be working longer.

Common.

Fricking.

Sense.

We are living longer.

How dare you ask to retire longer.

That's lazy bullshit.

We are living longer, and crashing Social Security.

We should be working longer.

Common.

Fricking.

Sense.

Absolutely... Out of all the bad policies, this takes the cake for being the one that will finally destroy America.

there's more than one way ..

Increase worker and employer contributions. Workers and their employers currently pay 6.2 percent of earnings up to $106,800 into the Social Security system, or a maximum of $6,622 each per year. Self-employed workers are required to pay 12.4 percent of pay up to the same cap. If the contribution rate were increased by 1.1 percent to 7.3 percent of earnings, Social Security’s projected deficit would be eliminated. Using this fix, a worker making $43,451 in 2010 would face a tax increase of $478 a year, or $9.19 a week, and the employer would face an identical increase.

but nooooooooooooooooooooo $9.19 a week cuts Starbucks out of my routine.
Only a parasite living off the taxpayers would support tax increases as a solution.

The Republican tax bill will add to our federal debt. This glaring truth causes the monkeys to slap their hands over their eyes. "We no care bout debt any more!"

Because of PayGo, these deficits caused by the tax bill will have to be paid for by cutting spending on entitlement programs. You know, we have to tear those lazy, shiftless poor people away from their steak and champagne dinners and get them into the fields picking cotton.

But here's a better, saner idea to save our national treasury: Raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility ages to 70, and index them to 9 percent of the US population.

We are living longer, we should be working longer.

Common sense.

I think that has been the plan all along, as well as privatization of SS.
Well, I do kind of like the idea of pseudocons falling for hoax investments at Trump U and ending up dead broke...

They DESERVE to be hoaxed.

Good chance we all maybe as far as the SS Trust goes.
Yes, if we don't raise the eligibility age, SS is done for.

Tax cuts don't give anything to anyone, dumbass. It allows them to keep more of what they earn. Only parasites look at your net income as a gift from the government. In your case, it is.

Tax cuts don't give anything to anyone, dumbass. It allows them to keep more of what they earn. Only parasites look at your net income as a gift from the government. In your case, it is.

Tax cuts are paid for by borrowing.

Haven't you been paying attention, dumbass?

The GOP just gave us another $1.5 trillion in debt, and not one of you pseudocons who whined about the debt for eight years has uttered so much as a grunt.

Stinking hypocrites.

Tax DEDUCTIONS, EXEMPTIONS, and CREDITS are paid for by HIGHER TAX RATES and by BORROWING.

So they are theft. Open theft.

If you lower tax rates, you need to eliminate the deductions, credits, and exemptions which drove them up to begin with. If you don't, then you have to BORROW EVEN MORE.

Which is EXACTLY what the GOP has just done with the corporate tax rate.

They didn't remove the special interest tax breaks which drove the tax rate to 35 percent to begin with. So now they have to go shopping for $1.5 TRILLION.

All of this is too fucking complicated for the innumerate rubes to grasp. They are like bees who have been lulled into a stupor by a shit load of smoke.

The Republican tax bill will add to our federal debt. This glaring truth causes the monkeys to slap their hands over their eyes. "We no care bout debt any more!"

Because of PayGo, these deficits caused by the tax bill will have to be paid for by cutting spending on entitlement programs. You know, we have to tear those lazy, shiftless poor people away from their steak and champagne dinners and get them into the fields picking cotton.

But here's a better, saner idea to save our national treasury: Raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility ages to 70, and index them to 9 percent of the US population.

We are living longer, we should be working longer.

Common sense.

I think that has been the plan all along, as well as privatization of SS.
Well, I do kind of like the idea of pseudocons falling for hoax investments at Trump U and ending up dead broke...

They DESERVE to be hoaxed.

Good chance we all maybe as far as the SS Trust goes.
Yes, if we don't raise the eligibility age, SS is done for.
Do away with the FICA tax limit. Problem solved.

Lefties who claim Trump's tax revision will hurt citizens want to make up for it by hurting citizens by increasing the retirement age. Where were they when Hussein was blowing taxpayer dollars on golden parachute retirement for bankrupt solar industry people and showering plane loads of taxpayer cash and euros to a country that promotes terrorism? Advice to over heated hypocrite lefties is to relax for a year and let the economy prosper before you go craz(ier) and start punishing Americans for short term political gains.

Forum List

Back