Now that Gun Control has Failed, will Obama finally Pivot To Jobs?

Now that Gun Control has failed, will Obama Pivot To Jobs

• Yes, Obama will focus on creating jobs for ACORN workers via ObamaCare counselling!

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Yes, Obama will create jobs by dividing full time jobs into more part time ones!

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Yes, Obama will create more Golf Caddy jobs now that the weather is getting nicer!

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • No, at some point we have to realize we've have enough jobs!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, more fake green jobs and pork for Obama Cronies!

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • No, it's the Gubmint's job to take care of all of us so raise taxes on The Rich!

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Squirrel!

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters
Had an interesting discussion with a customer this afternoon. The home building industry in Florida....according to him....is undergoing a LABOR SHORTAGE. He operates a truss company...and told me that he is booked solid with orders. He is telling contractors that his lead time is 6 to 8 weeks. His primary problem moving into the summer is a LACK OF EMPLOYEES and difficulty finding new hires.

Yes...it is anecdotal. Yes...it is a specific industry and locale. But it is a 180 degree turn from the way it was just 2 years ago.

My sales thus far this April are DOUBLE what they were through 4/18 last year. I service the construction industry here.

I believe that we have turned the corner. The bitching and moaning and obstruction that you nutters did FAILED.

have a nice day. I will.

This is likely the result of so many people having already moved to welfare or disability. They are getting a check and don't need his.

Now that the Gun Control Bill, inspired by the never waste a Newton Massacre crisis, has gone down in flames, will Obama finally pivot to JOBS?

I voted squirrle

b/c either something will come along for them to focus on or they will create some non-sense.

Obama will never focus on jobs, the economy or the debt.

Those things are hard and fixing them is the opposite of what he clearly wants to do.

Had an interesting discussion with a customer this afternoon. The home building industry in Florida....according to him....is undergoing a LABOR SHORTAGE. He operates a truss company...and told me that he is booked solid with orders. He is telling contractors that his lead time is 6 to 8 weeks. His primary problem moving into the summer is a LACK OF EMPLOYEES and difficulty finding new hires.

Yes...it is anecdotal. Yes...it is a specific industry and locale. But it is a 180 degree turn from the way it was just 2 years ago.

My sales thus far this April are DOUBLE what they were through 4/18 last year. I service the construction industry here.

I believe that we have turned the corner. The bitching and moaning and obstruction that you nutters did FAILED.

have a nice day. I will.

You mean all his illegal immigrant help moved on to go build around the fraking boom towns, and he cant find help because he wants to pay his countrymen slave wages with no benefits. By the way, truss building is the lowest on the totem pole of trades. Its the equivalent of working at McDonalds and is hardly an indicator of the job market nationwide.

Now that the Gun Control Bill, inspired by the never waste a Newton Massacre crisis, has gone down in flames, will Obama finally pivot to JOBS?

I voted squirrle

b/c either something will come along for them to focus on or they will create some non-sense.

Obama will never focus on jobs, the economy or the debt.

Those things are hard and fixing them is the opposite of what he clearly wants to do.

He doesn't know how. He only knows how to crusade for a cause. This is why you see such frustration when he fails.

Congress, you mean? The more some of you say, the dumber you get.

Wow more like deregulation and having votes on things like budgets and not stupid gun laws making magazines (since most liberals dont know: the place you store ammo, not the flimsy paper books with tons of adds)smaller......Liberals think people will just have one 10 shot magazine....they really buy that.

back to the economy, budgets would be nice, deregulation would be nice, lower taxes would be nice, ect...lots of things can be done, but Obama has a hard on for gun control.

have a nice day. I will.

You mean all his illegal immigrant help moved on to go build around the fraking boom towns, and he cant find help because he wants to pay his countrymen slave wages with no benefits. By the way, truss building is the lowest on the totem pole of trades. Its the equivalent of working at McDonalds and is hardly an indicator of the job market nationwide.

It is hard work....and his personnel is Hispanic, for the most part. But they are not illegal and they are not unskilled. Your point.....even though you wrapped it in snarky nutter bullshit....about labor moving to boom towns has merit. But.....the jobs are coming back here. My point stands. Two years ago, his plant was a fucking ghost town. Now...he is operating three shifts.

You suck...and your attempt to harsh my mellow sucks too.

have a nice day. I will.

It is hard work....and his personnel is Hispanic, for the most part. But they are not illegal and they are not unskilled. Your point.....even though you wrapped it in snarky nutter bullshit....about labor moving to boom towns has merit. But.....the jobs are coming back here. My point stands. Two years ago, his plant was a fucking ghost town. Now...he is operating three shifts.

You suck...and your attempt to harsh my mellow sucks too.

The work is so easy teenagers can do it with one hour of training. If you can read a tape, and not cut your fingers off then you are good. They are indeed unskilled, or at best, minimally skilled. You see this in there sloppy work on the houses they build here around the fracking boom towns. You have no mallow to harsh dude. You suck.

With unemployment at 7.7%, down from 10%, and with the Fed predicting a 6.7% rate in 2014 and 6% in 2015, I serious doubt there will be any additional programs aimed at reducing unemployment. More likely is less fed bond buying and and higher interest.

The next major bill will be immigration reform.

Last edited:
With unemployment at 7.7%, down from 10%, and with the Fed predicting a 6.7% rate in 2014 and 6% in 2015, I serious doubt there will be any additional programs aimed at reducing unemployment. More likely is less fed bond buying and and higher interest.

Dude the media was fit to be tied back in 2003 and 2004 when unemployment went from 5.4 to 5.6 and you think 6% is acceptable?

have a nice day. I will.

This is likely the result of so many people having already moved to welfare or disability. They are getting a check and don't need his.
Agreed.
Or they're working for me at the restaurant, in the AC, in a more secure job
(or any number of other jobs....some are self-employed Subs now too)
:cool:

Gun control hasn't failed. The only ones who have failed are the Senators who are too cowardly to let it come up for a vote.

Dude the media was fit to be tied back in 2003 and 2004 when unemployment went from 5.4 to 5.6 and you think 6% is acceptable?

Compared to the 10% rate that Bush's policies gave us, 6% sounds great

Compared to the 10% rate that Bush's policies gave us, 6% sounds great

Great to hear that sub-par is the new norm.

Explains a lot

Forum List

Back