Now that Gun Control has Failed, will Obama finally Pivot To Jobs?

Now that Gun Control has failed, will Obama Pivot To Jobs

• Yes, Obama will focus on creating jobs for ACORN workers via ObamaCare counselling!

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Yes, Obama will create jobs by dividing full time jobs into more part time ones!

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Yes, Obama will create more Golf Caddy jobs now that the weather is getting nicer!

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • No, at some point we have to realize we've have enough jobs!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, more fake green jobs and pork for Obama Cronies!

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • No, it's the Gubmint's job to take care of all of us so raise taxes on The Rich!

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Squirrel!

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters
With unemployment at 7.7%, down from 10%, and with the Fed predicting a 6.7% rate in 2014 and 6% in 2015, I serious doubt there will be any additional programs aimed at reducing unemployment. More likely is less fed bond buying and and higher interest.

The next major bill will be immigration reform.

Dude the media was fit to be tied back in 2003 and 2004 when unemployment went from 5.4 to 5.6 and you think 6% is acceptable?

Unemployment rates will never be that low again. This administration has done so much damage it will take 10 to 15 years to correct it.
When it was 10; they said it wouldn't break 9; when it was 9, they said it wouldn't break 8. Yes it will get to 5.4. Although unemployment is cyclic, naysayers will always claim, the economy has been damaged so badly, it will never come back, at least not until their man gets in office.

Last edited:
Dude the media was fit to be tied back in 2003 and 2004 when unemployment went from 5.4 to 5.6 and you think 6% is acceptable?

Unemployment rates will never be that low again. This administration has done so much damage it will take 10 to 15 years to correct it.
When it was 10; they said it wouldn't break 9; when it was 9, they said it wouldn't break 8. Yes it will get to 5.4. Although unemployment is cyclic, naysayers will always claim, the economy has been damaged so badly, it will never come back, at least not until their man gets in office.
Oh..Ok....You guys have been blaming Bush. Saying he wrecked the economy. Now that YOUR guy is in the Office, the economy suddenly is going to fix itself.
Unreal.

Compared to the 10% rate that Bush's policies gave us, 6% sounds great

Yer kidding right? Your brain is on standby. There is no more blaming Bush. It's OVER. Time to grow up!
Jan 2009.....The President was Barack Hussein Obama....UE was 7.8%..
Where did you get 10% from?

In case you can't find it, the link I just posted -
Paying the Costs of Iraq, for Decades to Come - James Fallows - The Atlantic

319955_566452046709998_1099076166_n.jpg

rw's are willfully ignorant. They refuse to learn and they take pride in their ignorance.
Oct 2009

https://www.google.com/publicdata/e...seasonality:S&dl=en&hl=en&q=unemployment rate

Had an interesting discussion with a customer this afternoon. The home building industry in Florida....according to him....is undergoing a LABOR SHORTAGE. He operates a truss company...and told me that he is booked solid with orders. He is telling contractors that his lead time is 6 to 8 weeks. His primary problem moving into the summer is a LACK OF EMPLOYEES and difficulty finding new hires.

Yes...it is anecdotal. Yes...it is a specific industry and locale. But it is a 180 degree turn from the way it was just 2 years ago.

My sales thus far this April are DOUBLE what they were through 4/18 last year. I service the construction industry here.

I believe that we have turned the corner. The bitching and moaning and obstruction that you nutters did FAILED.

have a nice day. I will.

You mean all his illegal immigrant help moved on to go build around the fraking boom towns, and he cant find help because he wants to pay his countrymen slave wages with no benefits. By the way, truss building is the lowest on the totem pole of trades. Its the equivalent of working at McDonalds and is hardly an indicator of the job market nationwide.

It is hard work....and his personnel is Hispanic, for the most part. But they are not illegal and they are not unskilled. Your point.....even though you wrapped it in snarky nutter bullshit....about labor moving to boom towns has merit. But.....the jobs are coming back here. My point stands. Two years ago, his plant was a fucking ghost town. Now...he is operating three shifts.

You suck...and your attempt to harsh my mellow sucks too.

You have never built a truss, have you? You don't even need to worry about hammering straight anymore, just slap down the tooth plate and hit a few times.

Gun control hasn't failed. The only ones who have failed are the Senators who are too cowardly to let it come up for a vote.

Quick question, if Obama is right that 90% of the people in the country support gun control, wouldn't voting against it be an act of bravery?

You mean all his illegal immigrant help moved on to go build around the fraking boom towns, and he cant find help because he wants to pay his countrymen slave wages with no benefits. By the way, truss building is the lowest on the totem pole of trades. Its the equivalent of working at McDonalds and is hardly an indicator of the job market nationwide.

It is hard work....and his personnel is Hispanic, for the most part. But they are not illegal and they are not unskilled. Your point.....even though you wrapped it in snarky nutter bullshit....about labor moving to boom towns has merit. But.....the jobs are coming back here. My point stands. Two years ago, his plant was a fucking ghost town. Now...he is operating three shifts.

You have never built a truss, have you? You don't even need to worry about hammering straight anymore, just slap down the tooth plate and hit a few times.

Its one of those jobs you just turn your head off on go when you do it. Boring as hell as you are stuck all day. Nothing but redundant factory work. Perfect example of low skill, low wage job.

It wasn't Congress standing at a podium, in the Rose Garden, crying because the Senate killed his pet bill

:eusa_shhh:

Right. It was congress that voted down legislation that 90% of Americans support.

Public opinion polls aren't votes which bind the actions of Congress, bub.

I bet you picked "squirrel" in the poll.

Polls are fairly accurate gauges of the opinions of the country as a whole. Politicians cite them all the time. The NRA has been touting its own poll. Here's the thing; you don't gewt 90% support for anything from a poll. Let's say it was off by 20%; that's still 70% support for background checks.

Ok, bub?

rw's just get dummer and dummer.

Repubs filibuster and obstruct every single jobs bill.
Repubs do not vote or debate even one jobs bill.
Repubs have not introduced even one jobs bill.

We all know that the president has indeed produced jobs but just what would you numbnuts have him do?

This is still the US and we still have three branches of government.

How many jobs bills have the Rs sent to the president for his signature?

Senate tables every jobs Bill passed by the House
Harry Reid won't even call a vote on a House bill
LIAR

President produces jobs????
:cuckoo:

How many, you ask?

October 29, 2011

Instead of blaming Republicans, Obama needs to harass his Democrat-controlled Senate to pass at least some of the 16 jobs bills -- including yesterday's 3% withholding tax repeal on job creators -- which the House Republicans have sent over to the Senate and which are being blocked for partisan reasons by the Democrats.
As "The Hill" newspaper reported today in an article entitled "GOP calls on Dems not to wait, back House-passed ‘jobs’ bills"

Cutting taxes doesn't create jobs...unless you do it for small start ups.

What does create jobs is providing states enough cash to hire cops, teachers, firefighters and start or maintain infrastructure.

Reagan did it.
Clinton did it.
Bush II did it.
After the 2010 election? That all stopped.

Had an interesting discussion with a customer this afternoon. The home building industry in Florida....according to him....is undergoing a LABOR SHORTAGE. He operates a truss company...and told me that he is booked solid with orders. He is telling contractors that his lead time is 6 to 8 weeks. His primary problem moving into the summer is a LACK OF EMPLOYEES and difficulty finding new hires.

Yes...it is anecdotal. Yes...it is a specific industry and locale. But it is a 180 degree turn from the way it was just 2 years ago.

My sales thus far this April are DOUBLE what they were through 4/18 last year. I service the construction industry here.

I believe that we have turned the corner. The bitching and moaning and obstruction that you nutters did FAILED.

have a nice day. I will.

This is likely the result of so many people having already moved to welfare or disability. They are getting a check and don't need his.
Agreed.
Or they're working for me at the restaurant, in the AC, in a more secure job
(or any number of other jobs....some are self-employed Subs now too)
:cool:

I was on unemployment for nearly a year. Believe me..I very much wanted to get back to work.

I thought you geniuses say the government doesn't create jobs.

Of course the government can help create jobs. All they have to do is get out of the way.

Government was out of the way in West, Texas.

How'd that work out?

And should government stand out of the way while they rebuild? Doesn't seem like they want that. Seems like they are coming to the Fed..hat in hand.

Oh..Ok....You guys have been blaming Bush. Saying he wrecked the economy. Now that YOUR guy is in the Office, the economy suddenly is going to fix itself.
Unreal.

Fix itself?

Where the heck have you been.

No..it's not fixing itself.

TARP, Auto industry bailout, stimulus and QE have been fixing it.

Yer kidding right? Your brain is on standby. There is no more blaming Bush. It's OVER. Time to grow up!
Jan 2009.....The President was Barack Hussein Obama....UE was 7.8%..
Where did you get 10% from?

In case you can't find it, the link I just posted -
Paying the Costs of Iraq, for Decades to Come - James Fallows - The Atlantic

319955_566452046709998_1099076166_n.jpg

rw's are willfully ignorant. They refuse to learn and they take pride in their ignorance.
Oct 2009

https://www.google.com/publicdata/e...seasonality:S&dl=en&hl=en&q=unemployment rate

The alternative would have been what?

Unreal.

Fix itself?

Where the heck have you been.

No..it's not fixing itself.

TARP, Auto industry bailout, stimulus and QE have been fixing it.
Not a single positive effect came of those items. Not a one.
Stop it.
Throughout the history of this nation, never has government debt creation ever stimulated the economy.
Government creates nothing. It only consumes.
Only for profit business in the private sector is capable of boosting economic activity.
The reason is simple. As opposed to government spending, private enterprise takes the risk. If it fails, the business absorbs the loss. When government does the same, the money disappears with the taxpayers left holding the bag.
It's counterproductive.
Government policy is the reason the private sector is not creating jobs. We have had net job losses for years now. The only reason unemployment rates have fallen is because so many of us have simply given up and left the job market. According to U-3, for statistical purposes, those people no longer exist. That's just fudging the numbers for political gain. And I don't give shit which party is in control. It's crooked no matter what.
I am so sick of 'the jersey'. Partisan party politics is wrecking the country.
There is a dire need to reinstall our "citizen legislature"..We need statesmen. Not politicians. Get rid of these career politicians.
Now, if that does not register with you, then you have a problem.

Yep...All that is needed is a good crane operator and 4 idiots. Two to guide the thing and two that can use a nail gun..Yeah, a freakin nail gun. More structural unsoundness in stick built homes than ever because of nail guns. Operators do not properly use the nail gun. The result is the nails are not properly set in the material.
One would be hard pressed to find a square corner in a typical production builder type home. It's awful

The work is so easy teenagers can do it with one hour of training. If you can read a tape, and not cut your fingers off then you are good. They are indeed unskilled, or at best, minimally skilled. You see this in there sloppy work on the houses they build here around the fracking boom towns. You have no mallow to harsh dude. You suck.
When I was doing structured wiring, I dealt with plenty of superintendents. Most of the framing, roofing, drywall and insulation crews were made up primarily of Latinos. Most of whom are here illegally. They get the work because they work cheap. Employer pays no taxes. Carries worker's comp on just a few to make it look good. The super's number one problem was lengthy punch lists as a result of all the fucked up work.

I worked on golf courses for 20 years producing course guides, I saw a lot of this across the country. A whole grounds crew that had one guy who could speak english, paid in cash on Fridays. I saw one black guy in Palm Springs driving a fairway mower...... I asked him how he was working on a grounds crew......I told him I hadn't seen any brothers in this business ever. He told me that he just liked the work and most "brothers" didn't like the sun. He said the Latinos handled it much better and would work for very little and cash.

That is what is so silly about the whole immigration thing, if the illegals become legal, they will be required to be paid minimum wage with very little skill, who will hire them?

The work is so easy teenagers can do it with one hour of training. If you can read a tape, and not cut your fingers off then you are good. They are indeed unskilled, or at best, minimally skilled. You see this in there sloppy work on the houses they build here around the fracking boom towns. You have no mallow to harsh dude. You suck.
When I was doing structured wiring, I dealt with plenty of superintendents. Most of the framing, roofing, drywall and insulation crews were made up primarily of Latinos. Most of whom are here illegally. They get the work because they work cheap. Employer pays no taxes. Carries worker's comp on just a few to make it look good. The super's number one problem was lengthy punch lists as a result of all the fucked up work.

I worked on golf courses for 20 years producing course guides, I saw a lot of this across the country. A whole grounds crew that had one guy who could speak english, paid in cash on Fridays. I saw one black guy in Palm Springs driving a fairway mower...... I asked him how he was working on a grounds crew......I told him I hadn't seen any brothers in this business ever. He told me that he just liked the work and most "brothers" didn't like the sun. He said the Latinos handled it much better and would work for very little and cash.

That is what is so silly about the whole immigration thing, if the illegals become legal, they will be required to be paid minimum wage with very little skill, who will hire them?
Ahh! Good question. Once the illegals become legal, their marketability as cheap labor becomes ZERO.
The next question is, who will they import to do the grunt work then?
Check the history of the Roman Empire.
The brief story is the Romans who were wealthy due to support of the Empire living fat dumb and happy lives and in need of labor, imported Turks and other foreigners to perform the menial tasks deemed beneath the Romans. Once the workers became acclimated to Roman society, new foreigners were brought in to do the work. And on and on. Until the system imploded under its own weight of millions of people subsidized by the Empire.

Forum List

Back