Now this is going too far....

Now that marijuana is legal in Oregon......they are now considering legalizing magic shrooms??

Psilocybin for the Masses: Oregon Considering Legalizing Mushrooms

This I don't agree with. What's next? Eventually all drugs?

At one time all drugs were legal.
You could legally buy heroin, cocaine, pot and enjoy!

Could you please post a list of all the things you wish to deny me the right to choose to use for myself?

And it would be great if you reassured me that you LOVE freedom and you don't want a NANNY STATE.

thanks

I guess I could ask you the same...…..only change drugs to guns

'At one time all guns were legal
You could legally buy, own, use guns and enjoy!
legally buy, own, use guns and enjoy!
And it would be great if you reassured me that you LOVE freedom and you don't want a NANNY STATE.
thanks'

"I guess I could ask you the same...…..only change drugs to guns"

really?

how so?

"At one time all guns were legal"

They still are.

"You could legally buy, own, use guns and enjoy!"

You still can.

"Could you please post a list of all the things you wish to deny me the right to choose to use for myself?"

Sure can!
be happy to!

creating a christian government
forcing your religion in public schools
beating up gays and muslims
beating your wife and kids (you're welcome, maam)
lynching blacks
drunk driving

But you can have all the schrooms you want!

Nice twist BUT

Not ALL guns are legal to own, and it depends on the state you live in as to which ones are legal or not

and I had said 'Constitutional Rights'

Nobody is forcing Christian government and we don't really have a 'Christian' government but we do have some government officials that are Christians. Many of those officials are not Christians and are appointed or voted in by non-Christians.

Again...nobody is forcing religion in public schools.....in fact most schools are or have been trying to push other 'religions or beliefs' including Muslim/Islamic, Atheist, Satanism, etc

Beating up gays, Muslims, wife/husband/partner & kids...….are choices made by stupid INDIVIDUALS......same with lynching blacks & drunk driving.

Do you enjoy beating up others different than yourself or attempting murder/suicide by driving drunk??? Then that's on you.

"Nobody is forcing Christian government "

I didn't say they were.
You made that up in your head. You actually had a knee jerk reaction! Sorry but I am currently finding that rather amusing!

I merely put it on the list of things I would deny you the right to do.

Did you forget the point?
Are you smoking pot?

"Again...nobody is forcing religion in public schools....."

again. I didn't say they were. You apparently need to remind you that you asked me to make a list of things I would deny you the right to do!

I didn't say anyone was doing them.

These are just examples on the list.

I would deny YOU the right to mandate religion, beat your wives and children, beat gays, lynch blacks

you can drink, smoke, cheat on your wives, gamble, become ever more obese, consume massive quantities of greasy food, own guns, hunt....have a good time!

Now that marijuana is legal in Oregon......they are now considering legalizing magic shrooms??

Neither cannabis nor psilocybin is a "drug". They're natural organisms.

What's your problem with psilocybin then?

IF only for medical research & use would be fine....but other 'illegal' drugs like LSD and Ecstasy are also being used in the medical/psychiatric fields. Why decriminalize shroom but not the others?

this doesn't sound like it'll be kept for medicinal use

MAPS’ mission is to develop medical, legal and cultural contexts for the careful and beneficial use of psychedelics. In these contexts, no one would be criminalized for the possession or use of psychedelics, or any drugs. People would have access to legal, regulated markets, both medical and otherwise, to safely benefit from intentional psychedelic use.”

Shrooms, Coca, and Poppy are naturally-occurring substances. LSD, meth, Oxycontin are not.

Warm weather right after rain. The next morning? Bonanza!!!!
In my youth we'd go out in the cow pastures and pick em by the bread sack.
We'd also carry a clipboard with pics of cows and how to raise them along with FFA info.
The rancher was happy about our enthusiasm in learning about his trade after catching us trespassing and said we could come back anytime.
:abgg2q.jpg:

Could you please post a list of all the things you wish to deny me the right to choose to use for myself?

thanks
You may use any and all as long as you do not expect me to pay your medical bills!

Must I pay the medical bills for people who drink too, eat fatty foods, smoke tobacco, become obese, hardened arteries, back, leg and heart problems, diabetes?
Must I pay for THEIR IRRESPONSIBLE life styles?
No. Everyone should pay their own bills!

thanks

legally buy, own, use guns and enjoy!
thanks'

"I guess I could ask you the same...…..only change drugs to guns"

really?

how so?

"At one time all guns were legal"

They still are.

"You could legally buy, own, use guns and enjoy!"

You still can.

"Could you please post a list of all the things you wish to deny me the right to choose to use for myself?"

Sure can!
be happy to!

creating a christian government
forcing your religion in public schools
beating up gays and muslims
beating your wife and kids (you're welcome, maam)
lynching blacks
drunk driving

But you can have all the schrooms you want!

Nice twist BUT

Not ALL guns are legal to own, and it depends on the state you live in as to which ones are legal or not

and I had said 'Constitutional Rights'

Nobody is forcing Christian government and we don't really have a 'Christian' government but we do have some government officials that are Christians. Many of those officials are not Christians and are appointed or voted in by non-Christians.

Again...nobody is forcing religion in public schools.....in fact most schools are or have been trying to push other 'religions or beliefs' including Muslim/Islamic, Atheist, Satanism, etc

Beating up gays, Muslims, wife/husband/partner & kids...….are choices made by stupid INDIVIDUALS......same with lynching blacks & drunk driving.

Do you enjoy beating up others different than yourself or attempting murder/suicide by driving drunk??? Then that's on you.

"Nobody is forcing Christian government "

I didn't say they were.
You made that up in your head. You actually had a knee jerk reaction! Sorry but I am currently finding that rather amusing!

I merely put it on the list of things I would deny you the right to do.

Did you forget the point?
Are you smoking pot?

"Again...nobody is forcing religion in public schools....."

again. I didn't say they were. You apparently need to remind you that you asked me to make a list of things I would deny you the right to do!

I didn't say anyone was doing them.

These are just examples on the list.

I would deny YOU the right to mandate religion, beat your wives and children, beat gays, lynch blacks

you can drink, smoke, cheat on your wives, gamble, become ever more obese, consume massive quantities of greasy food, own guns, hunt....have a good time!

You go right ahead and keep spinning.….have a good time! :spinner:

Shroom a-zoom-zoom, baby!

Seriously though, how many days a year will shrooms actually grow in Oregon? :rolleyes-41:

40 or less?

It has to be over 80 with wet ground and cow poop.

Here's a bad pic, but was in a hurry. Many of the mushrooms are white with dark or black under the cap. These I don't think are 'shrooms......but on the right in the dirt is a tall skinny brown mushroom with small cap, that MAY be a shroom...…….now that I see it in the pic, I don't think it is a shroom with the light colored stem BUT mushrooms do grow here even in cooler temps...…..Magic shrooms may need higher temps, IDK
shrooms.jpg

IF only for medical research & use would be fine....but other 'illegal' drugs like LSD and Ecstasy are also being used in the medical/psychiatric fields. Why decriminalize shroom but not the others?

MAPS’ mission is to develop medical, legal and cultural contexts for the careful and beneficial use of psychedelics. In these contexts, no one would be criminalized for the possession or use of psychedelics, or any drugs. People would have access to legal, regulated markets, both medical and otherwise, to safely benefit from intentional psychedelic use.”

Again --- psilocybin cannot be an "other illegal drug" as it is not a drug in the first place.
As for the hubristical folly of declaring a piece of nature "illegal" that's a whole 'nother smoke. So to speak.

Anyways, you didn't answer the question.

Again --- psilocybin cannot be an "other illegal drug" as it is not a drug in the first place.
As for the hubristical folly of declaring a piece of nature "illegal" that's a whole 'nother smoke. So to speak.

Anyways, you didn't answer the question.

psilocybin a substance in mushrooms like thc/cbd's in marijuana? Mushrooms are still illegal in this country, Marijuana depends on the state now, but not too long ago was also illegal

My answer to both are the same.....I do support medical use of both. I do not support recreational use of either. Got it?

Seriously though, how many days a year will shrooms actually grow in Oregon? :rolleyes-41:

40 or less?

Here's a bad pic, but was in a hurry. Many of the mushrooms are white with dark or black under the cap. These I don't think are 'shrooms......but on the right in the dirt is a tall skinny brown mushroom with small cap, that MAY be a shroom...…….now that I see it in the pic, I don't think it is a shroom with the light colored stem BUT mushrooms do grow here even in cooler temps...…..Magic shrooms may need higher temps, IDK
View attachment 232785

To steal a quote from star wars...kinda.
These are the shrooms you're looking for.

cubensisnaturalhabitat-2.jpg

They'll have an orange top with a dark fleshy ring on the stalk.
Be sure and thump the top before picking so the spores can produce another crop next time it rains.
And of course they'll be growing out of cow shit.

40 or less?

View attachment 232785

Be sure and thump the top before picking so the spores can produce another crop next time it rains.

I've not seen that kind before and apparently there are several kinds of shrooms.

These are the ones I have seen & known people to pick & eat for its high

psilocybe-semilanceata7.jpg

40 or less?

View attachment 232785

I've not seen that kind before and apparently there are several kinds of shrooms.

If they're not growing out of cow shit/goat/sheep shit they ain't the shrooms you're looking for.
There may be others but here in Texas this is what you're looking for.

magic-mushroom-fix.jpg

Back in the early 90's they started putting a chemical in cattle feed that killed the shroom spores thus destroying the shroom picking.

We'd come across some that were eight inches across.
Had a buddy that would pick in the morning and slap a six incher between two pieces of bread with some mustard and eat it at lunch.....he of course skipped out from school shortly after.

40 or less?

View attachment 232785

After looking around I had no idea there were so many different shrooms you could get high on.
I guess it's a regional thing.

thanks

Could you please post a list of all the Rights guaranteed me under the Constitution you wish to deny me?
thanks'
I, personally, see no difference. Whether you want to own one or not should not dictate whether or not others have the choice.

40 or less?

View attachment 232785

If they're not growing out of cow shit/goat/sheep shit they ain't the shrooms you're looking for.
There may be others but here in Texas this is what you're looking for.

magic-mushroom-fix.jpg

Back in the early 90's they started putting a chemical in cattle feed that killed the shroom spores thus destroying the shroom picking.

Then different areas produce different shrooms.

Forum List

Back