Now this is going too far....

Shroom a-zoom-zoom, baby!

Seriously though, how many days a year will shrooms actually grow in Oregon? :rolleyes-41:

40 or less?

It has to be over 80 with wet ground and cow poop.

Here's a bad pic, but was in a hurry. Many of the mushrooms are white with dark or black under the cap. These I don't think are 'shrooms......but on the right in the dirt is a tall skinny brown mushroom with small cap, that MAY be a shroom...…….now that I see it in the pic, I don't think it is a shroom with the light colored stem BUT mushrooms do grow here even in cooler temps...…..Magic shrooms may need higher temps, IDK
View attachment 232785

To steal a quote from star wars...kinda.
These are the shrooms you're looking for.

cubensisnaturalhabitat-2.jpg

They'll have an orange top with a dark fleshy ring on the stalk.
Be sure and thump the top before picking so the spores can produce another crop next time it rains.
And of course they'll be growing out of cow shit.

I've not seen that kind before and apparently there are several kinds of shrooms.

These are the ones I have seen & known people to pick & eat for its high

psilocybe-semilanceata7.jpg

After looking around I had no idea there were so many different shrooms you could get high on.
I guess it's a regional thing.

I don't know about Texas or elsewhere, though I imagine it's probable...…...but around here there are several different types of mushrooms that grow wild. Some are edible and even highly prized (chantrelle, morrells, etc), some are 'magic' psychedelic and others are deadly.

I do like foraging for wild edibles.....but I'll buy my mushrooms from the store. :thup:

Seriously though, how many days a year will shrooms actually grow in Oregon? :rolleyes-41:

40 or less?

Here's a bad pic, but was in a hurry. Many of the mushrooms are white with dark or black under the cap. These I don't think are 'shrooms......but on the right in the dirt is a tall skinny brown mushroom with small cap, that MAY be a shroom...…….now that I see it in the pic, I don't think it is a shroom with the light colored stem BUT mushrooms do grow here even in cooler temps...…..Magic shrooms may need higher temps, IDK
View attachment 232785

Be sure and thump the top before picking so the spores can produce another crop next time it rains.

I've not seen that kind before and apparently there are several kinds of shrooms.

After looking around I had no idea there were so many different shrooms you could get high on.

I don't know about Texas or elsewhere, though I imagine it's probable...…...but around here there are several different types of mushrooms that grow wild. Some are edible and even highly prized (chantrelle, morrells, etc), some are 'magic' psychedelic and others are deadly.

I do like foraging for wild edibles.....but I'll buy my mushrooms from the store. :thup:

I haven't picked the psychedelic shrooms in twenty five years at least.
As far as wild shrooms that are edible I've never tried to find em.
The only fungus I buy are white truffles when in season,but at $250 to $300 bucks it's only once or twice a year.

The replies here are telling and explain a lot about those posters. :redface:

So whats your favorite shroom? :04:

The only kind of “shrooms” I ingest are the kind you put in salads. :04: I don’t do any drugs, and have zero desire to. I would say more, but it would probably offend a lot of people here and I don’t want to do that.

Meh...you wont offend anyone unless they're liberals.
Myself being a staunch Conservative I dont mind admitting my dirty youth.
I tried damn near everything when I was young and stupid and if someone wants to hold that against me I'm good with that.
But then I retired at 46 so they'll find it hard to claim my drug use in my youth was detrimental.

The replies here are telling and explain a lot about those posters. :redface:

So whats your favorite shroom? :04:

The only kind of “shrooms” I ingest are the kind you put in salads. :04: I don’t do any drugs, and have zero desire to. I would say more, but it would probably offend a lot of people here and I don’t want to do that.

Meh...you wont offend anyone unless they're liberals.
Myself being a staunch Conservative I dont mind admitting my dirty youth.
I tried damn near everything when I was young and stupid and if someone wants to hold that against me I'm good with that.
But then I retired at 46 so they'll find it hard to claim my drug use in my youth was detrimental.

Heh. Yep, same here. My drug of choice was alcohol, but I did try pretty much everything. And I would never hold someone’s past against them, because I have one myself.

40 or less?

View attachment 232785

I'm not into experimentation at this point. Will only eat shroom 1.

Now that marijuana is legal in Oregon......they are now considering legalizing magic shrooms??

Psilocybin for the Masses: Oregon Considering Legalizing Mushrooms

This I don't agree with. What's next? Eventually all drugs?

Neither cannabis nor psilocybin is a "drug". They're natural organisms.

What's your problem with psilocybin then?

IF only for medical research & use would be fine....but other 'illegal' drugs like LSD and Ecstasy are also being used in the medical/psychiatric fields. Why decriminalize shroom but not the others?

this doesn't sound like it'll be kept for medicinal use

MAPS’ mission is to develop medical, legal and cultural contexts for the careful and beneficial use of psychedelics. In these contexts, no one would be criminalized for the possession or use of psychedelics, or any drugs. People would have access to legal, regulated markets, both medical and otherwise, to safely benefit from intentional psychedelic use.”

Again --- psilocybin cannot be an "other illegal drug" as it is not a drug in the first place.
As for the hubristical folly of declaring a piece of nature "illegal" that's a whole 'nother smoke. So to speak.

Anyways, you didn't answer the question.

psilocybin a substance in mushrooms like thc/cbd's in marijuana? Mushrooms are still illegal in this country, Marijuana depends on the state now, but not too long ago was also illegal

My answer to both are the same.....I do support medical use of both. I do not support recreational use of either. Got it?

I get that you still haven't addressed my question, yes.

"Like" THC? Yes and no. Not really. More subtle. On the other hand like cannabis there's no justification for the illegality other than the heavy hand of government out to control the masses. You know ---- "Big Gummint".

All of which is fascinating I'm sure. Meanwhile the question, again, was: what's your problem with psilocybin? That's you, personally, on the topic of what psilocybin does. And "because it's illegal" is not an available answer.

You can be for or against anything you like. What you're required to do is to know WHY.

40 or less?

View attachment 232785

I'm not into experimentation at this point. Will only eat shroom 1.

Yeah...those days are long gone.

Now that marijuana is legal in Oregon......they are now considering legalizing magic shrooms??

IF only for medical research & use would be fine....but other 'illegal' drugs like LSD and Ecstasy are also being used in the medical/psychiatric fields. Why decriminalize shroom but not the others?

MAPS’ mission is to develop medical, legal and cultural contexts for the careful and beneficial use of psychedelics. In these contexts, no one would be criminalized for the possession or use of psychedelics, or any drugs. People would have access to legal, regulated markets, both medical and otherwise, to safely benefit from intentional psychedelic use.”

Again --- psilocybin cannot be an "other illegal drug" as it is not a drug in the first place.
As for the hubristical folly of declaring a piece of nature "illegal" that's a whole 'nother smoke. So to speak.

psilocybin a substance in mushrooms like thc/cbd's in marijuana? Mushrooms are still illegal in this country, Marijuana depends on the state now, but not too long ago was also illegal

My answer to both are the same.....I do support medical use of both. I do not support recreational use of either. Got it?

"Like" THC? Yes and no. Not really. More subtle. On the other hand like cannabis there's no justification for the illegality other than the heavy hand of government out to control the masses. You know ---- "Big Gummint".

All of which is fascinating I'm sure. Meanwhile the question, again, was: what's your problem with psilocybin? That's you, personally, on the topic of what psilocybin does. And "because it's illegal" is not an available answer.

You can be for or against anything you like. What you're required to do is to know WHY.

In the City of Angels a cowboy is cooling his heels
Remembering that God gave us herbs and the fruits of the fields
But a criminal law that makes outlaws of those seeking light
Made the Free Mexican Air Force is flyin' tonight!

How strange that an innocent herb causes money to burn
They'll jail you or kill you for making those rich fat cats squirm.
They're the fools who make rules with no difference between wrong and right
That's why the Free Mexican Air Force is flyin' tonight.

.... Is not propaganda destroying the minds of the young?
The cover-up continued for power and greed in all forms
May the lies of the evil soon fall to the truth and the light
As the Free Alien Air Force flies freely tonight

High in the hills we are harvesting sweet Sensimiilla
The law wants it all 'cause it knows that the wild weed can free ya
And freedom for us is a prison for the rulers of might
That's why the Free Mexican Air Force -- Mescalito riding his white horse --
Yeah, the Free Texican Air Force is flyin' tonight

--- Peter Rowan, "The Free Mexican Air Force"​

40 or less?

I grew them in a tupperware box in the closet whenever I wanted to back in college

sorry Pogi, both are tldr

Got it.

You’re just another authoritarian rightist seeking to compel conformity and punish dissent by supporting failed, wrongheaded policy that criminalizes personal drug use.

Indeed, the criminalization of personal drug use is the source of the problem: it’s a waste of money and resources, needlessly burdens the criminal justice system, and contributes to prison overpopulation.

Got it.

You’re just another authoritarian rightist seeking to compel conformity and punish dissent by supporting failed, wrongheaded policy that criminalizes personal drug use.

Indeed, the criminalization of personal drug use is the source of the problem: it’s a waste of money and resources, needlessly burdens the criminal justice system, and contributes to prison overpopulation.

:blahblah:

sorry Pogi, both are tldr

Both put together are way shorter than your OP link ---- yet you read that.

Nom'sane?

Forum List

Back