Now with the Colorado ruling saying that religion can override public accommodation laws

So then you agree that a Muslim deli owner should be able to refuse to serve infidels (aka white people) in accordance with his religion?
Has that ever happened to you? I have purchased meat from Halal butchers many times. No problem. Oh, and "infidel" doesn't mean "white people."

In the custom design of the site. If they meet with the bride and groom, discuss the backgrounds, the decorations, the placement of images, even the fonts used, are all creative.
Really? Those standard choices are being expressive, contains the site maker's free speech???

that doesn't make any sense?

Did you ever ask a Muslim deli owner for pig's feet?

If they don’t offer pigs feet….you can’t force them to
But if they offer pigs feet, they can’t deny them because of race, religion or sexual orientation

Really? Those standard choices are being expressive, contains the site maker's free speech???

Pretending not to understand?

An artist creates a painting from... what?

A few pencils, a piece of paper, and some paint. Using.... brushes, sticks, maybe a few little plastic paint containers...

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Sorry, but nothing about cakes, nothing about web pages and nothing about flowers.
The Court does not agree with you. They specifically find freedom of expression a form of freedom of speech.

So, it seems that wedding services that can be denied because they are “expressive” include

Web sites
Photography
Wedding invitations
Cakes
Music
Wedding venues
Flowers

All a way to deny weddings to same sex couples

So, it seems that wedding services that can be denied because they are “expressive” include

Web sites
Photography
Wedding invitations
Cakes
Music
Wedding venues
Flowers

All a way to deny weddings to same sex couples
Yep, democracy.

I was just wondering where or how the business uses their personal (expressive) creativity?
Ahh... Ok. I can't care. That's just splitting regulatory hairs. The government has no business interfering.

Forum List

Back