Now with the Colorado ruling saying that religion can override public accommodation laws

Doesnt matter it is a real and correct ruling establishing justice

Wrong.
The whole point of any judgement is to create a balance between the rights of both opposing sides.
If one or both sides are fake, then there is no real rights or facts to consider.
So then any judgement is fake, inappropriate, and impossible to actually ever apply.
To be done correctly, any judge should be directly questioning the actual people involved.

This is an excellent point.

SCOTUS clearly erred in this case by extending constitutional rights to 303 Creative LLC, which is a corporation.
It was not the corporation's rights at stake, it was the gay couples'

Consider this example.

An indie record label, sells rap.

They hire people from Craig's List, to work on Pro Tools. I know o e such outfit that has 24 full time employees doing nothing but ProTools.

So now, the boss says to his employee, "I want you to put an echo here, where the song says "OPP'.

And the employee says "no, I ain't gonna do that, it's against my religion".

What happens?
The employer is required to reasonably accommodate their religious beliefs and they cannot be fired for it.

Consider this example.

They hire people from Craig's List, to work on Pro Tools. I know o e such outfit that has 24 full time employees doing nothing but ProTools.

So now, the boss says to his employee, "I want you to put an echo here, where the song says "OPP'.

What happens?
It's up to the owner.

It was not the corporation's rights at stake, it was the gay couples'
It was the owner of the corporation who sued to protect their own rights.

You can split hairs and say corporations don’t have rights, but the owners of those corporations do so the difference is not what is at issue.

The employer is required to reasonably accommodate their religious beliefs and they cannot be fired for it.
Exactly. The employer has "other options", such as, other employees he can ask to get the job done.

And, similarly here, the gay couple had "other options", other places they can go to get a cake.

I see this as a conflict of rights. The right to "not" be discriminated against, versus the right "not" to be compelled.

Consider this example.

What happens?
What happens when someone hires a Christian band then demands that they play Lola and WAP. The band refuses.

Wrong.
The whole point of any judgement is to create a balance between the rights of both opposing sides.
If one or both sides are fake, then there is no real rights or facts to consider.
So then any judgement is fake, inappropriate, and impossible to actually ever apply.
To be done correctly, any judge should be directly questioning the actual people involved.
A judgment has to follow the law.

Yet it got to SCOTUS and the law is enjoined.

And invalidating the validity of the entire SCOTUS in the process.

Not sure what the best solution is.
I prefer not pitchforks and torches.
Perhaps since the SCOTUS has become politicized, we need a political solution, such as increasing the members of the SCOTUS to 50, one for each state, to increase popular representation?

The SCOTUS is not law, and can not be allowed to rule.

Common sense should be used. You can't make up a religious belief as an excuse to not do something. Same-sex marriage is not exclusively against Christian beliefs.

And invalidating the validity of the entire SCOTUS in the process.

Not sure what the best solution is.
I prefer not pitchforks and torches.
Perhaps since the SCOTUS has become politicized, we need a political solution, such as increasing the members of the SCOTUS to 50, one for each state, to increase popular representation?

The SCOTUS is not law, and can not be allowed to rule.
Then why even have a SCOTUS?

How long will it be before some business refuses service to black people because they say it's against the owner's religion?

How long before an employer gets to refuse to hire a woman because the business owner's religious belief is that a woman should be at home serving her husband and raising children?

And how many other laws will get to be ignored on the basis of a religious claim?
the ruling does not go that far. so calm down and don't get your panties in a bunch

Your “ claim” that people would quote religion to support Slavery as being “ equal” to those who oppose Gay Marriage is repugnant

Oh really, why is that? Are you saying gay marriage is even worse than slavery? Does my comparison soil the good name of slavery?

What happens when someone hires a Christian band then demands that they play Lola and WAP. The band refuses.
Then it depends what the contract says.

Most of the time, if the band doesn't show up or refuses to play, they don't get paid.

Forum List

Back