Now with the Colorado ruling saying that religion can override public accommodation laws

Ahh... Ok. I can't care. That's just splitting regulatory hairs. The government has no business interfering.
Agree. Thanks for agreeing that state laws can't override the Constitution. I think you're finally getting it.

F0-CExk-EWIAE-073.jpg

So then you agree that a Muslim deli owner should be able to refuse to serve infidels (aka white people) in accordance with his religion?
In a just world yes. But this case has nothing to do with freedom of religion. This is the freedom of an artist to decide what she will or will not create.

The SCOTUS case we are talking about is

303 Creative LLC v. Elenis​

Do you know what LLC stands for?
Hey - you seem like a nice person but you have some very wrong and dangerous ideas. I don't want to dig into you again, but it seems like you need some education. Most of all you need to understand the words in the Constitution, and what they mean.

So let's start there.

Show me where, in the Constitution, it says corporations have any rights.

NOWHERE.

In fact, it says EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE, doesn't it.

It says business is to be REGULATED.

Regulations are the opposite of Rights.

Hey - you seem like a nice person but you have some very wrong and dangerous ideas. I don't want to dig into you again, but it seems like you need some education. Most of all you need to understand the words in the Constitution, and what they mean.

So let's start there.

Show me where, in the Constitution, it says corporations have any rights.

NOWHERE.

In fact, it says EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE, doesn't it.

It says business is to be REGULATED.

Regulations are the opposite of Rights.
This is an excellent point.

SCOTUS clearly erred in this case by extending constitutional rights to 303 Creative LLC, which is a corporation.

The SCOTUS case we are talking about is

303 Creative LLC v. Elenis​

Do you know what LLC stands for?
Consider this example.

An indie record label, sells rap.

They hire people from Craig's List, to work on Pro Tools. I know o e such outfit that has 24 full time employees doing nothing but ProTools.

So now, the boss says to his employee, "I want you to put an echo here, where the song says "OPP'.

And the employee says "no, I ain't gonna do that, it's against my religion".

What happens?

This is an excellent point.

SCOTUS clearly erred in this case by extending constitutional rights to 303 Creative LLC, which is a corporation.
303 Creative is not a corporation. It is an LLC, meaning a Limited Liability Company.

But yes. Corporations are people and have always been people.

Forum List

Back