🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

NRA's argument that ,"good guy with gun saves the day" fails again.

The NRA’s narrative about Maryland school shooting collapses

Just days after the NRA gave credit for a good guy with a gun for stopping a bad guy at the Maryland school shooting, it was revealed that the bad guy shot himself to death, while the good guy missed and only shot him in the hand..
Regardless, we're lucky the kid wasn't armed with an assault rifle

It wouldn't have mattered......and how would he have gotten a military rifle......? The shootings we have had have been with AR-15 civilian rifles, they are not assault rifles..........and AR-15 civilian rifles are the same rifle as every other semi automatic rifle......there are over 8 million AR-15 rifles in private hands and they aren't used by those owners to harm anyone..

I think this illustrates the problem with a good guy with a gun. It is hard to hit the target. And there can be a lot of running screaming people in the eay.

and yet in the mass shootings stopped by civilians with guns, that has never happened......but thanks for talking out of your ass....does that cause a rash?

You morons act as if we have never had civilians with guns stop mass shooters, even school shooters before....and we have...and nothing you morons ever predict ever happens.....

The idea that 'a good guy with a gun' can reliably save any situation is just schoolboy fantasy.
Even a competent shooter with a hand-gun would be very lucky to win a shootout against an amateur armed with an AR15. And a weekend warrior would be just as likely to kill a bystander, as the perp.

You guys keep lying....you have seen the actual real world mass shootings stopped by civilians with guns...and then you lie about them...

these are civilians with guns who stopped mass shooters....and nothing you claim would happen happened....you guys are such f*****g liars.

Deputies: Osceola pastor shot church janitor in self-defense

According to deputies, Parangan pulled out a handgun and fired multiple shots at Pastor Terry Howell, who took out his own weapon and fired back, striking Parangan.

Howell was not injured, but Parangan was taken to Osceola Regional Medical Center in critical condition.

Deputies said several church employees witnessed the incident and gave similar statements.

this Psychiatrist was not an off duty cop.....

Penn. psychiatric center shooting intended mass killing: DA

The Pennsylvania patient accused of killing his caseworker in a psychiatric center shooting carried dozens of bullets — and he would have likely continued shooting if a doctor didn’t fire back, officials said.

Richard Plotts, 49, is expected to be charged with murder for allegedly opening fire at Sister Marie Lenahan Wellness Center in Darby Thursday.

After he killed his caseworker, 53-year-old Theresa Hunt, and shot his psychiatrist, Lee Silverman, the wounded doctor fired back, stopping the attack, District Attorney Jack Whelan said in a Friday press conference.

Plotts had 39 more bullets on him. He intended a mass shooting, Whelan said.

This Uber driver is not a cop....

An Uber driver with a concealed handgun prevented a mass shooting in Chicago

A driver with the ride-hailing service Uber put a stop to a potential mass shooting in Chicago over the weekend.

Here's the Chicago Tribune, citing Assistant State's Attorney Barry Quinn:

A group of people had been walking in front of the driver around 11:50 p.m. in the 2900 block of North Milwaukee Avenue when Everardo Custodio, 22, began firing into the crowd, Quinn said.

The driver pulled out a handgun and fired six shots at Custodio, hitting him several times, according to court records. Responding officers found Custodio lying on the ground, bleeding, Quinn said. No other injuries were reported.

The Orlando night club shooter....faced 300 unarmed people and killed 49...this shooter was shot by a concealed carry permit holder....at a night club two weeks after Orlando...

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/0...ss-shooting-night-club-media-remained-silent/

This past Sunday, exactly two weeks to the day after the Pulse attack, there was a mass shooting outside a night club in South Carolina. I’m sure you haven’t heard about it, and for two good reasons. The first reason is that the attempted murderer was unsuccessful in killing any of his victims. The second reason is because the attempted murderer was stopped by a concealed carrier at the club drawing his weapon and putting a bullet into the bad guy.

I think this illustrates the problem with a good guy with a gun. It is hard to hit the target. And there can be a lot of running screaming people in the eay.

That doesn't matter. The fact that the bad guy is getting shot at is enough. They either die at their own hands or get shot by the cops. Either way, the sooner you engage, the sooner they die.

Depends. He missed. He could have ended up shooting someone else. That's always the flip side of the scenario when it involves non-professionals.

So he was lucky.

In view of the fact that the bad guy was a better shot than the good guy, the only good thing about the entire incident is that the bad guy chose to kill himself, instead of killing the good guy.

Moron, he walked up to an unsuspecting girl and shot her in an ambush......you are a moron.....

Just days after the NRA gave credit for a good guy with a gun for stopping a bad guy at the Maryland school shooting, it was revealed that the bad guy shot himself to death, while the good guy missed and only shot him in the hand..

Hey...moron...this happened exactly as every other school shooting......as soon as the resource officer showed up the shooter killed himself......

This is what we keep telling you morons.....the whole point is to confront the shooter with a guy with a gun...in all mass shootings the attacker will commit suicide, surrender or run away.....they do not shoot it out with police......

In the worst mass shootings there were no armed civilians to shoot at the attacker.....and when you have armed civilians or police on the scene the shooting is stopped and the killer commits suicide, surrenders or runs away.....

Exaclty like we keep telling you assholes...

"Hey...moron...this happened exactly as every other school shooting......as soon as the resource officer showed up the shooter killed himself......"

Really?

That doesn't matter. The fact that the bad guy is getting shot at is enough. They either die at their own hands or get shot by the cops. Either way, the sooner you engage, the sooner they die.

Depends. He missed. He could have ended up shooting someone else. That's always the flip side of the scenario when it involves non-professionals.

So he was lucky.

When I joined the Sheriffs Auxiliary Volunteers, I went down to the deputies training center, and went through their simulated "shoot, don't shoot" training simulation. Now, I am a pretty good shot. In fact, I can remove the top of a Tabasco bottle with my .22 at 20 yards. Anyway, I'm facing a green screen with scenarios of dangerous situations unfolding. In two cases, I was killed, because I did not think that the perp. was armed. In two cases, I missed a human sized target at about 12-15 feet. In two cases, I did not shoot when I should not have shot. In one case, I lived and the bad guy died.. I asked the instructor how in the hell I could have missed those two guys. He told me, and I quote, "I would have been surprised if you had hit them. Most people's brains turn to mush when confronted with a target that is shooting back. Hardly anyone lives through all scenarios, without months of training."

Thanks for confirming what we keep telling you, moron........when an armed civilian confronts a shooter

Most people's brains turn to mush when confronted with a target that is shooting back

Which is why you want armed citizens confronting these guys as soon as possible....then they shoot themselves, surrender or run away...in every mass shooting........

the only exception is muslim terrorists...who actually do shoot it out with police......but you asswipes keep telling us muslims are a religion of peace so they never shoot people...right?

Did your trainer realize just how stupid you are?

Hey...moron...this happened exactly as every other school shooting......as soon as the resource officer showed up the shooter killed himself......

This is what we keep telling you morons.....the whole point is to confront the shooter with a guy with a gun...in all mass shootings the attacker will commit suicide, surrender or run away.....they do not shoot it out with police......

In the worst mass shootings there were no armed civilians to shoot at the attacker.....and when you have armed civilians or police on the scene the shooting is stopped and the killer commits suicide, surrenders or runs away.....

"Hey...moron...this happened exactly as every other school shooting......as soon as the resource officer showed up the shooter killed himself......"

Really?

except for all the other school shootings ever, he's absolutely right

Really?

Yep....and all the other mass shootings too...moron...

Colorado theater shooting..... encounters police officer, surrenders.

Sandy Hook, he just heard the police sirens, stopped shooting and killed himself

Vegas.... Swat is outside his door, he kills himself...

The list goes on and on.........

[

Sandy Hook, he just heard the police sirens, stopped shooting and killed himself

The list goes on and on.........[/QUOTE]

when did surrendering come to entail killing yourself, gallileo?

:rofl:

nikolas cruz is looking pretty good for a guy that killed himself, now that i think about it

[

when did surrendering come to entail killing yourself, gallileo?

:rofl:

nikolas cruz is looking pretty good for a guy that killed himself, now that i think about it[/QUOTE]

Wow.... the stupid is strong with you........

If you actually knew anything you would know that mass shooters commit suicide, surrender or run away the moment they are confronted by an armed cop or an armed civilian......you are a dumb ass...

Any vote for a democrat is a vote to end the 2nd Amendment......

If you value your Right to protect your family... call your coward politicians...and vote republican......any vote that isn't for republican is a vote for a democrat.

When UNTRAINED good guys with guns are...not so good I guess.

“Good Guy with a Gun” Accidentally Shoots Himself and His Wife in Church
The elder members of First United Methodist Church in Tellico Plains were reportedly discussing the recent church shootings in Sutherland Springs, Texas and Fresno, California when the man pulled out his gun and bragged about carrying it “everywhere.” He and his wife, both in their 80s, were accidentally shot when he pulled the trigger to demonstrate how a safety works.

oops...

Texas 'good guy with a gun' shoots carjacking victim in head -- then runs away
Houston police say that an armed man’s attempt to stop a carjacking went terribly wrong on Saturday night when he shot the vehicle’s owner in the head, then fled the scene.

According to KHOU Channel 11 News, the shooting took place around 11:15 p.m. at a Valero gas station in north Houston.
Police officials say that two men jumped the owner of a Chevrolet pickup truck and absconded with his vehicle.
As the men struggled with the car-owner, a passerby produced a gun and fired multiple shots, missing the thieves but striking the victim in the head.

oops...

‘Good Guy With A Gun’ Accidentally Shoots Woman He Was ‘Saving’ Five Times (VIDEO)
30-year-old Joshua Weldon had good intentions when he saw a woman’s boyfriend assaulting her and made the decision to step in and stop it. According to police, 32-year-old Andria Richardson was being attacked by her boyfriend, 30-year-old Ryan Gilliken, on Wednesday when Weldon drew a firearm in an attempt to defend the woman. Unfortunately, his bravado did not work out well for anyone but the assailant.

oops...

Teacher trained in use of guns accidentally fires weapon, injures a student
A teacher who has received gun training as a reserve police officer accidentally shot his gun on Tuesday at a California high school. A boy was “struck in the neck by ‘debris or fragmentation’ from something overhead,” said Seaside Police Chief Abdul Pridgen.

oops....

Armed citizens didn't stop the Denver shooting, but they did distract police
Armed citizens "absolutely" distracted police by drawing guns during the Colorado Walmart shooting on Wednesday night that left three dead, police said—the latest example of law enforcement struggling to deal with armed civilians in the middle of a crisis.

Food for thought here guys.

Really?

Only one was a school shooting and all were confronted by trained POLICE.

The elder members of First United Methodist Church in Tellico Plains were reportedly discussing the recent church shootings in Sutherland Springs, Texas and Fresno, California when the man pulled out his gun and bragged about carrying it “everywhere.” He and his wife, both in their 80s, were accidentally shot when he pulled the trigger to demonstrate how a safety works.

oops...

Houston police say that an armed man’s attempt to stop a carjacking went terribly wrong on Saturday night when he shot the vehicle’s owner in the head, then fled the scene.

According to KHOU Channel 11 News, the shooting took place around 11:15 p.m. at a Valero gas station in north Houston.
Police officials say that two men jumped the owner of a Chevrolet pickup truck and absconded with his vehicle.
As the men struggled with the car-owner, a passerby produced a gun and fired multiple shots, missing the thieves but striking the victim in the head.

oops...

‘Good Guy With A Gun’ Accidentally Shoots Woman He Was ‘Saving’ Five Times (VIDEO)
30-year-old Joshua Weldon had good intentions when he saw a woman’s boyfriend assaulting her and made the decision to step in and stop it. According to police, 32-year-old Andria Richardson was being attacked by her boyfriend, 30-year-old Ryan Gilliken, on Wednesday when Weldon drew a firearm in an attempt to defend the woman. Unfortunately, his bravado did not work out well for anyone but the assailant.

oops...

A teacher who has received gun training as a reserve police officer accidentally shot his gun on Tuesday at a California high school. A boy was “struck in the neck by ‘debris or fragmentation’ from something overhead,” said Seaside Police Chief Abdul Pridgen.

oops....

Armed citizens "absolutely" distracted police by drawing guns during the Colorado Walmart shooting on Wednesday night that left three dead, police said—the latest example of law enforcement struggling to deal with armed civilians in the middle of a crisis.

Yes.....and you don't mention the 1,500,000 times a year armed civilians use their guns to stop violent criminals....that is rapes, robberies and murders stopped every year.....

And that Colorado walmart story is a lie, the police lied about the shoppers since the shoppers weren't in the way...

Really?

Pearl Missisisipi......the Smokey Mountain law school...the Texas Tower shooter..............there aren't that many fucking school shootings and since asshats like you have made every school in the country a gun free zone....normal gun owners don't have their guns on them when the fucking shooting starts.....they have to go to their cars to get their guns...

oops...

oops...

oops...

oops....

Yes.....and you don't mention the 1,500,000 times a year armed civilians use their guns to stop violent criminals....that is rapes, robberies and murders stopped every year.....

And that Colorado walmart story is a lie, the police lied about the shoppers since the shoppers weren't in the way...

How convenient. They lied.

I'm sure a number of civilians have stopped crimes on themselves or their property with guns. I'm equally sure, however that "good guys with guns" wreak havoc and cause a lot of problem with police attempting to gain control of a situation. Just for example - how exactly are they to know who the "good guy" is and - you have "good guys" and "bad guys" independently firing weapons. We don't need more wanna be vigilantes.

Really?

Well, to be fair, I think that we can assume that the security people that the gun nuts want to put into every school in America will be every bit as highly trained and qualified as the people who scan you when to go through an airport security check point!

Really?

Pearl Missisisipi......the Smokey Mountain law school...the Texas Tower shooter..............there aren't that many fucking school shootings and since asshats like you have made every school in the country a gun free zone....normal gun owners don't have their guns on them when the fucking shooting starts.....they have to go to their cars to get their guns...

So everyone has a gun and everyone starts shooting? Oh that sounds really good....

WTF are the police supposed to do in the middle of this warzone you are dreaming of?

Really?

Dumb shit...again.....you assholes have turned every school into a democrat gun free zone....so that normal gun owners can't carry their guns....and yet some civilians manage to get to their cars and get their guns...

Pearl High School shooting - Wikipedia

The school's assistant principal, Joel Myrick, retrieved a .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol from his truck and, spotting Woodham attempting to flee the parking lot after the shooting, shouted for him to stop. Realizing what Woodham was doing, another student used his own vehicle to block Woodham's path, at which point Woodham attempted to get around the obstruction by driving his mother's car onto a grass verge, only to end up getting stuck in the grass. Seizing his opportunity, Myrick ordered Woodham out of the car at gunpoint and detained him until police arrived at the scene.[1]

Really?

Dumb shit...again.....you assholes have turned every school into a democrat gun free zone....so that normal gun owners can't carry their guns....and yet some civilians manage to get to their cars and get their guns...

Pearl High School shooting - Wikipedia

The school's assistant principal, Joel Myrick, retrieved a .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol from his truck and, spotting Woodham attempting to flee the parking lot after the shooting, shouted for him to stop. Realizing what Woodham was doing, another student used his own vehicle to block Woodham's path, at which point Woodham attempted to get around the obstruction by driving his mother's car onto a grass verge, only to end up getting stuck in the grass. Seizing his opportunity, Myrick ordered Woodham out of the car at gunpoint and detained him until police arrived at the scene.[1]

Good for him - sometimes it works :)

On the other hand, as in the multiple examples I gave - sometimes it doesn't.

What do you do 2aguy?

Forum List

Back