Number of guns in society falling sharply

Brand new Harvard study...........

More guns = Less Crime

The figures couldnt be more crystal clear...........

Does Owning Guns Reduce Crime?

Some points from this source:

We find that the claim of many millions of annual self-defense gun uses by American citizens is invalid.

Owners of semi-automatic weapons are more likely than other gun owners to be male, own a gun for protection, and report binge drinking.

We found that firearms are used far more often to frighten and intimidate than they are used in self-defense. All reported cases of criminal gun use, as well as many of the so-called self-defense gun uses, appear to be socially undesirable.

We found that guns in the home are used more often to frighten intimates than to thwart crime; other weapons are far more commonly used against intruders than are guns.

Good posting, Skooks!!

Russia bans ALL HANDGUNS but has more than twice the murder rate of the U.S.

Civilian owned firearms in Russia...9 firearms per 100 citizens.

In the U.S. it's 88 firearms per 100 citizens.

Murder rate in Russia is 11.2 per 100,000 citizens.

Murder rate in the U.S. is 5 per 100,000 citizens.

The number of guns in Russia is massive - absolutely massive.

Ask anyone with a good knowledge of Russia.

The problem is that Russian guns are often illegal and appear in no statistics.

The same is true of many countries with very large mafia and organised crime families, such as Estonia and Mexico.

Thus, they are not a great basis for comparison on anything.

You are full of shit.

exactly

Brand new Harvard study...........

More guns = Less Crime

The figures couldnt be more crystal clear...........

Does Owning Guns Reduce Crime?

Some points from this source:

We find that the claim of many millions of annual self-defense gun uses by American citizens is invalid.

Owners of semi-automatic weapons are more likely than other gun owners to be male, own a gun for protection, and report binge drinking.

We found that firearms are used far more often to frighten and intimidate than they are used in self-defense. All reported cases of criminal gun use, as well as many of the so-called self-defense gun uses, appear to be socially undesirable.

We found that guns in the home are used more often to frighten intimates than to thwart crime; other weapons are far more commonly used against intruders than are guns.

Good posting, Skooks!!

Thanks s0n......I thought so.

>

The gun grabbers never even consider what is clearly the value of deterrence.:coffee:

Last edited:
more points from the source

In this connection, two recent studies are pertinent. In 2004,
the U.S. National Academy of Sciences released its evaluation
from a review of 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government
publications, and some original empirical research. It failed to
identify any gun control that had reduced violent crime, sui‐
cide, or gun accidents.The same conclusion was reached in
2003 by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control’s review of then‐
extant studies.

extant studies.

= gungrabbing is ghey

extant studies.

= gungrabbing is ghey

the source has many points that gun grabbing is bogus

snip

snip

OK... You decide. In October of 2003, I was walking up the alley to my motorcycle after work when a wide-eyed crack head started heading for me with his right hand behind his back. He asked if I had a cigarette, which is code for, "I'm going to rob your white ass."
I assessed the situation and it was apparent that he most likely was holding a knife in his right hand. I decided to have some fun.
There was a pack of cigarettes in my shirt pocket, but immediately in front of the smokes was a nickel plated Smith and Wesson .44 magnum in a shoulder holster. I unzipped my jacket and said "sure, buddy". I opened the jacket and reached with my right hand.
My "new friend" was obviously unsure of what I was reaching for and decided to quit smoking. He ran off and as he turned, I saw the rather large chef's knife.
Did I use my weapon in self defense, or did I use it to frighten and intimidate? Either way, I didn't get robbed or stabbed.

As for all gun use being socially unacceptable, That is a matter of perspective, isn't it?

Last edited:
No, the vast majority of gun deaths are

Suicides.
Domestic Arguments
Accidents

Very few gun deaths are by the evil criminals you seem to think are lurking behind every bush.

Comrade Stalin, Japan has about 4 times the number of suicides that the USA does. If guns cause suicide, as you of the anti-liberty left claim, then how can this be? Japan has very low gun ownership.

Suicides.
Domestic Arguments
Accidents

Very few gun deaths are by the evil criminals you seem to think are lurking behind every bush.

Comrade Stalin, Japan has about 4 times the number of suicides that the USA does. If guns cause suicide, as you of the anti-liberty left claim, then how can this be? Japan has very low gun ownership.

Who claimed guns CAUSE suicide?

They don't.

Guns enable suicide.

It's a simple, clear proven fact.

extant studies.

Within the US that may well be true, because introducing gun laws in one state but not in neighbouring states is never going to make much of a difference.

Outside the US we know for a fact that it is not true-it is a proven statistical fact that gun control has worked in many countries.

It is really interesting to note how concerned gun enthusiasts really are about civil rights:

It's really interesting how ignorant leftists are about what civil rights even entail.

You think the "right" to never be insulted, to never be exposed to the Christian god, to "feel" safe in the nurturing arms of Big Brother.

To secure the above, you are willing to strip others of speech, since it might offend you or others - must never call a Muslim a terrorist, might upset them. Of those who speak of the Christian god must be banned from public ground lest someone take offense. You demand that others feel safe, so you deny to people the right to protect themselves, lest muggers and attackers not feel safe while attacking.

The truth is that you don't support civil rights, you fight them.

Civil rights are;

1. The right to speak, to express what you believe. You have no right not to be offended
  2. The right to believe and to express your faith. You have no right to be sheilded from the faith of others.
  3. The right to petition government, to form political action groups to lobby for change.
  4. The right to bear arms in your own defense, defense of your community, and defence of your state. You have no right to disarm other law abiding citizens.
  5. You have the right to be secure in your person and papers. No KGB or IRS agent has the right to demand and search without a warrant sworn on just evidence.
  6. You have the right to your own property. You do not rent your home from the state. Taxes on real property are theft.

Notice that these rights have no bearing on skin color, creed, religion, gender, ethnic group, etc.

Real rights accrue to all by their very nature.

Uncensored -

I'm not sure who your comments are directed at, but I don't believe any of the things you just claimed "you" think, so I guess you meant someone else.

If you want to know what I think rights are - you may be better to ask me than tell me what you think I believe.

Suicides.
Domestic Arguments
Accidents

Who claimed guns CAUSE suicide?

They don't.

Guns enable suicide.

It's a simple, clear proven fact.

Well, that's because, if you do it right, it is instantaneous death; no pain.

Cowards tend to want to avoid pain, lots of times that is why they are killing themselves in the first place.

Forum List

Back