Nunes about to be KO'ed.....

WHERE oh where is the evidence that the FBI acted inappropriately??

"the controversial Nunes memo, which allegedly proves that F.B.I. and D.O.J. officials sought to conceal the extent to which their surveillance of Page was influenced by the infamous Steele dossier"

nothingburger-cartoon-598.jpg

I read the Nunes memo. There’s not a single damning thing in it.

:laugh2:

Republican leaders are acknowledging that the FBI disclosed the political origins of a private dossier the bureau cited in an application to surveil former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page, undermining a controversial GOP memo released Friday...

Republicans concede key FBI 'footnote' in Carter Page warrant
Shouldn't that be a Democrat in that cartoon? They are the ones that had a fit. What is with Democrats and this projection bullshit?

get a clue, dumbo. trumptards have been having a fit over this SUPPOSED smoking gun memo which SUPPOSEDLY proves FBI wrongdoing.

a trump sycophant wrote some half baked memos in order to dishonestly claim that the FBI investigation was initiated under false pretenses. the facts PROVE otherwise and our twitter twit-in-chief is in an endless fit of rage over it.

"the controversial Nunes memo, which allegedly proves that F.B.I. and D.O.J. officials sought to conceal the extent to which their surveillance of Page was influenced by the infamous Steele dossier"

Republican leaders are acknowledging that the FBI disclosed the political origins of a private dossier the bureau cited in an application to surveil former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page, undermining a controversial GOP memo released Friday...

Shouldn't that be a Democrat in that cartoon? They are the ones that had a fit. What is with Democrats and this projection bullshit?

get a clue, dumbo. trumptards have been having a fit over this SUPPOSED smoking gun memo which SUPPOSEDLY proves FBI wrongdoing.

a trump sycophant wrote some half baked memos in order to dishonestly claim that the FBI investigation was initiated under false pretenses. the facts PROVE otherwise and our twitter twit-in-chief is in an endless fit of rage over it.

Get a clue, you morons got busted.

I am curious where Jillian got her facts on the NRA story. I read dozens of on line articles and they all led back to the one guy Aleksandr Torshin who is a lifetime NRA member. There are about 5 million NRA members and all you have to do right now is send them a $500.00 donation and poof your are a lifetime NRA member. I am pretty sure you can go online and put the $500 donation on your credit card and poof Jillian is a lifetime NRA member. The reason I point this out is I am in a GOP leaning state and for maybe 30 years the NRA supported our local congressman, a Democrat each and every year and always recommended him against any challengers Dem of Rep. Secondly, this guy Aleksandr Torchin attended the national prayer with President Obama every year during the two terms of Obama. He attended the one last year with Trump as well. From the dozens of articles I have read the fact that he attended I think the national annual meeting of the NRA along with 86,000 other people does not really make him a player. I did read one article that said he may have shaken hands with Don Trump, Jr, but they did not have any pictures or proof just some allegations. I supposed if he attended the Superbowl somebody might claim he or some of his friends, may have infiltrated the NFL and I know they very well may be controlling them as we speak. Those guys never rest. After all, he is a banker, and you know how they are. Anyway they have made this allegation well more than a year now and I see zero that looks like real evidence. Do you have anything other than the guys who hate Trump saying and reporting those same allegations? I would really like to know if there is really something to it. Thanks. Oh, I do not want to get sued so let me say that I am not saying that Mr Torchin has done anything wrong whatsoever, just commenting on your comments.

Don Jr.’s “treasonous” Trump Tower meeting

Bannon will appear before the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday, where he is all but assured to face scrutiny over his characterization of the infamous June 2016 Trump Tower meeting that Donald Trump Jr. orchestrated with a Russian lawyer, and which Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort attended as well.

“The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor—with no lawyers. They didn’t have any lawyers,” Bannon is quoted as saying in Fire and Fury. “Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad shit, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the F.B.I. immediately.”

Bannon reportedly speculated that the chance the eldest Trump son did not involve his father in the meeting “is zero.”

Will Steve Bannon’s Testimony Bring Down Jared?

Don Jr.’s “treasonous” Trump Tower meeting

Bannon will appear before the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday, where he is all but assured to face scrutiny over his characterization of the infamous June 2016 Trump Tower meeting that Donald Trump Jr. orchestrated with a Russian lawyer, and which Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort attended as well.

“The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor—with no lawyers. They didn’t have any lawyers,” Bannon is quoted as saying in Fire and Fury. “Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad shit, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the F.B.I. immediately.”

Bannon reportedly speculated that the chance the eldest Trump son did not involve his father in the meeting “is zero.”

Will Steve Bannon’s Testimony Bring Down Jared?

There was actually an article tonight that said Bannon was refusing to testify.

Bannon Is Subpoenaed in Mueller’s Russia Investigation

Stephen K. Bannon, President Trump’s former chief strategist, was subpoenaed last week by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, to testify before a grand jury as part of the investigation into possible links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia, according to a person with direct knowledge of the matter.

The move marked the first time Mr. Mueller is known to have used a grand jury subpoena to seek information from a member of Mr. Trump’s inner circle. The special counsel’s office has used subpoenas before to seek information on Mr. Trump’s associates and their possible ties to Russia or other foreign governments.

A second subpoena for Mr. Bannon to testify came from a House panel on Tuesday.

The Mueller subpoena could be a negotiating tactic. Mr. Mueller is likely to allow Mr. Bannon to forgo the grand jury appearance if he agrees to instead be questioned by investigators in the less formal setting of the special counsel’s offices about ties between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia and about the president’s conduct in office, according to the person, who would not be named discussing the case. But it was not clear why Mr. Mueller treated Mr. Bannon differently from the dozen administration officials who were interviewed in the final months of last year and were never served with a subpoena.

The subpoena is a sign that Mr. Bannon is not personally the focus of the inquiry. Justice Department rules allow prosecutors to subpoena the targets of investigations only in rare circumstances.

On Tuesday, he was questioned for 10 hours behind closed doors before the House Intelligence Committee, which is also conducting a Russian election meddling investigation. The meeting turned contentious as Mr. Bannon repeatedly said he could not answer questions, citing executive privilege. The committee eventually subpoenaed Mr. Bannon to compel him to provide answers.

Continue reading the main story

After the interview, Democrats on the committee accused the White House of exerting influence over Mr. Bannon to keep him from expounding about his time in the West Wing. A senior administration official insisted that the White House had not told Mr. Bannon to exert executive privilege.

Mr. Mueller issued the subpoena after Mr. Bannon was quoted in a new book criticizing Mr. Trump, saying that Donald Trump Jr.’s 2016 meeting with Russians was “treasonous” and predicting that the special counsel investigation would ultimately center on money laundering.

Jared Kushner’s “greasy shit”

Wolff also quotes the former White House strategist as saying, “This is all about money laundering. [Robert] Mueller chose [senior prosecutor Andrew] Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy. Their path to fucking Trump goes right through Paul Manafort, Don Jr., and Jared Kushner . . . It’s as plain as a hair on your face.” (Trump Jr., Kushner, and Manafort have all denied wrongdoing.) Bannon then zeroed in on Kushner specifically, adding that “t goes through Deutsche Bank and all the Kushner shit. The Kushner shit is greasy. They’re going to go right through that. They’re going to roll those two guys up and say play me or trade me.”

He and Trump’s son-in-law have never seen eye to eye; their White House feuds were a poorly kept secret, and following his ouster, Bannon has given numerous interviews knocking Kushner, including one to my colleague Gabriel Sherman in which he questioned Kushner’s maturity level. If Bannon has dirt on Kushner, he will likely get his chance to reveal it; Schiff also declared his intent to question Bannon on “the basis of his concern over money laundering.”

Steve Bannon’s Testimony

Stephen K. Bannon, President Trump’s former chief strategist, was subpoenaed last week by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, to testify before a grand jury as part of the investigation into possible links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia, according to a person with direct knowledge of the matter.

The move marked the first time Mr. Mueller is known to have used a grand jury subpoena to seek information from a member of Mr. Trump’s inner circle. The special counsel’s office has used subpoenas before to seek information on Mr. Trump’s associates and their possible ties to Russia or other foreign governments.

A second subpoena for Mr. Bannon to testify came from a House panel on Tuesday.

The Mueller subpoena could be a negotiating tactic. Mr. Mueller is likely to allow Mr. Bannon to forgo the grand jury appearance if he agrees to instead be questioned by investigators in the less formal setting of the special counsel’s offices about ties between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia and about the president’s conduct in office, according to the person, who would not be named discussing the case. But it was not clear why Mr. Mueller treated Mr. Bannon differently from the dozen administration officials who were interviewed in the final months of last year and were never served with a subpoena.

The subpoena is a sign that Mr. Bannon is not personally the focus of the inquiry. Justice Department rules allow prosecutors to subpoena the targets of investigations only in rare circumstances.

On Tuesday, he was questioned for 10 hours behind closed doors before the House Intelligence Committee, which is also conducting a Russian election meddling investigation. The meeting turned contentious as Mr. Bannon repeatedly said he could not answer questions, citing executive privilege. The committee eventually subpoenaed Mr. Bannon to compel him to provide answers.

Continue reading the main story

After the interview, Democrats on the committee accused the White House of exerting influence over Mr. Bannon to keep him from expounding about his time in the West Wing. A senior administration official insisted that the White House had not told Mr. Bannon to exert executive privilege.
The NYT, it has to be true.:abgg2q.jpg:

yeeeah dude, you keep telling yourself the mueller investigation isn't real.

there are no boundaries in fantasia! :itsok:

parsing real news is just SO much harder than parroting fake news.

no wonder trumptards are so angry and confused! :102:

There's no evidence that the FBI spied on the Trump campaign itself. Rather, the warrant for Page was issued in October 2016, a month after he left the campaign — and after Trump campaign officials denied he played a central role. But the surveillance of Page was part of an FBI counterintelligence investigation into whether Trump associates coordinated with the Kremlin to interfere in the 2016 presidential election.

Friday’s memo also acknowledged that the Page warrant came only months after the FBI had already opened an investigation into Russian influence over the Trump campaign because of information it had received about another Trump foreign policy adviser, George Papadapoulos...

George Papadopoulos, ex-Trump aide, pleads guilty in connection to Russia probe: Who is he?

Papadopoulos emailed seven other campaign officials in March 2016 to offer to set up a meeting with Russian officials to discuss “US-Russia ties under President Trump,” the Washington Post reported in August 2017. He would reportedly continue to make such offers as he worked with the campaign.
He is seen in a March 2016 Instagram photo that also includes Trump, Sessions and other national security advisers.
1514924512700.jpg

Papadopoulos was an early foreign policy adviser for Trump’s presidential campaign.

He was charged with willfully and knowingly making false statements to FBI agents regarding “the timing, extent and nature of his relationships and interactions with certain foreign nationals whom he understood to have close connections with senior Russian government officials,” according to court documents.

Papadopoulos was arrested on July 27 and pleaded guilty on Oct. 5.

George Papadopoulos, ex-Trump aide, pleads guilty in connection to Russia probe: Who is he?

“I’m going to surround myself only with the best and most serious people," Trump famously told a Post reporter last summer about how he would staff his campaign.

page2_copy.jpg

Who Is Carter Page?

If Nunes' allegation that the FBI LIED to the FISC judges was the "central" accusation..........the Trump stooge, Nunes should have read the footnotes...LOL

• The Nunes memo's claim that the FBI and Department of Justice misled a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court when seeking to wiretap Trump campaign adviser Carter Page may have been quashed.
  • Officials familiar with the matter told The Washington Post and The New York Times that the DOJ made it clear to the court that information contained in a dossier they submitted as part of a FISA application to surveil Page was politically motivated.
  • The revelation undercuts the most important claim in Nunes' memo as he seeks to characterize the FBI and the DOJ as corrupt and biased against President Donald Trump.
The central argument in the Nunes memo may have just been debunked

2.things both bad
you can use political documents to get fisa warrants...you lefties are ok with this?
second what did the judge know?

get it thru your thick skulls, trumptards... your narrative is fake news.

Your content is really not worth anyone's response... Flagrant denial for the furtherance of personal or party ideology is to be pitied and shunned.

Forum List

Back