Nurse arrested for following hospital policy

The officer that arrested the nurse was apparently a part-time EMT, and has been fired from that job.

Utah detective who dragged nurse fired from paramedic job

Also, the hospital implemented new procedures for dealing with police. The police will have less access and will deal with employees "who are highly trained in medical laws and hospital rules..."

Utah hospital restricts police access after nurse's arrest

I have to admit I see justice in these moves.

The officer that arrested the nurse was apparently a part-time EMT, and has been fired from that job.

Also, the hospital implemented new procedures for dealing with police. The police will have less access and will deal with employees "who are highly trained in medical laws and hospital rules..."

Highly trained in medical laws and hospital rules is newspeak for "male".

That was a bit of a jump. Now this has turned into a sexism thing?

Sometimes I just hate being realistic. It would be so much better if the voice of authority were a strong no-nonsense woman, but alas and alack, the person highly trained is more than likely a man.

Actually rather unlikely. I'd have to look up the actual statistics, but I believe that, except for doctors, hospital personnel tends to lean more female than male. So just number-wise, you're probably looking at a female hospital employee.

Sometimes I just hate being realistic. It would be so much better if the voice of authority were a strong no-nonsense woman, but alas and alack, the person highly trained is more than likely a man.

I guess it's fortunate, then, that - as in this case - you are so rarely realistic.

I guess it's fortunate, then, that - as in this case - you are so rarely realistic.
Oh so you know who is it that will deal with these issues. Good. Who is it?

Actually rather unlikely. I'd have to look up the actual statistics, but I believe that, except for doctors, hospital personnel tends to lean more female than male. So just number-wise, you're probably looking at a female hospital employee.
More than 80% of nurses are female...in some places, it's 90%.

If you read the changes its obvious. Allow front line medical staff perform their duties. Remove access to patient care areas. No docs or nurses.

It will be an administrator probably from the risk management department that will hustle trouble makers off to a private office. Likely a man who will use a voice of authority over male cops.

That's just the way it works.

There was nothing saying that the highly trained employee was going to be a nurse.

Do you think it's going to be a doctor?
My first guesses would be nursing supervisor or possibly an attorney.

Probably an administrator, rather than a nursing supervisor - I think the idea is that they're going to prevent the police from interacting with medical personnel at all.

It's also unlikely that they'll have an attorney present 24/7.

I was mostly commenting on Tipsy's idea that it'll be "men" who the police interact with - since from my experience, the majority of personnel in hospitals who are not doctors are women.

More than 80% of nurses are female...in some places, it's 90%.

Very true. The majority of medical assistants, support staff, and middle management, as well, I think. That's certainly been my experience, anyway.

Forum List

Back