Nurse arrested for following hospital policy

A nurse in Utah was forcibly arrested after she refused to draw blood from an unconscious patient, screaming “I’ve done nothing wrong” as an officer dragged her out of a hospital.

“This is something that you guys agreed to with this hospital,” Wubbels says while showing Payne the policy in writing. “The three things that allow us to do that are if you have electronic warrant, patient consent or patient under arrest … and neither of those things … the patient can’t consent, he told me repeatedly that he doesn’t have a warrant and the patient is not under arrest. So, I’m just trying to do what I’m supposed to do, that’s all.”

http://nypost.com/2017/09/01/nurse-arrested-after-refusing-blood-test-on-unconscious-patient/

What an asshole the cop is totally power-tripping. I hope she sues the department.

A nurse in Utah was forcibly arrested after she refused to draw blood from an unconscious patient, screaming “I’ve done nothing wrong” as an officer dragged her out of a hospital.

“This is something that you guys agreed to with this hospital,” Wubbels says while showing Payne the policy in writing. “The three things that allow us to do that are if you have electronic warrant, patient consent or patient under arrest … and neither of those things … the patient can’t consent, he told me repeatedly that he doesn’t have a warrant and the patient is not under arrest. So, I’m just trying to do what I’m supposed to do, that’s all.”

http://nypost.com/2017/09/01/nurse-arrested-after-refusing-blood-test-on-unconscious-patient/

What an asshole the cop is totally power-tripping. I hope she sues the department.

That's outrageous, he wanted her to violate the rules of her job as a nurse and break the law, that police officer should be fired.

I watched the video and read a few articles about this incident. If she sues, girlfriend is about to get paid. The police officer acted foolishly and unprofessionally.

I have no idea how large a settlement could be involved, but the officer clearly appears to be in the wrong.
The nurse didn't sustain any injuries or serious inconvenience, but with the right jury a punitive damage suit could yield several million dollars.

the law in UTAH is screwed up------if the attending Doc thinks there is a need to check blood chemistries-----
then the blood should be drawn

I'm guessing this is a DWI case and the cops got pissed because they couldnt collect evidence.

It's not. The facts of the case are known.

They've even been posted in this thread. But why bother reading, when you've got uninformed opinions to share?

Go suck a dick Doc.
To be honest I'm not all that interested in the case. The cop was a dick...end of story.
Got anything else negative to say fuk boi?

:lol:

Don't get all butthurt at me because you're too lazy to read the fucking thread, dumbass. It's not my fault that you're a fuckwit.

The cop wanted a drug test from someone left in a coma after a collision. The evidence would disappear before a warrant can be obtained.

The nurse should have obeyed to cop. If the "search" was illegal, let a judge decide that later. You don't get to disobey police because of your policy. You don't get to disobey a cop because you think he's making a mistake.
That is not how it works
You need a judge FIRST

If the police are breaking the law, you are under no obligation to assist them. Warrantless searches are against the law

Agreed, that guy should be gone.

Police must police their own better.

Yes, that is typical cop behavior in our current police state. I love how these body cams are weeding out the bad apples before they cause major lawsuits that empty taxpayers wallets. Jack Boot Police training went off the rails long ago & we are paying the heavy price today.

the law in UTAH is screwed up------if the attending Doc thinks there is a need to check blood chemistries-----

I'm guessing this is a DWI case and the cops got pissed because they couldnt collect evidence.

They've even been posted in this thread. But why bother reading, when you've got uninformed opinions to share?

Go suck a dick Doc.
To be honest I'm not all that interested in the case. The cop was a dick...end of story.

Don't get all butthurt at me because you're too lazy to read the fucking thread, dumbass. It's not my fault that you're a fuckwit.

Noooo...it's just that I dont care.
The cop was a dick,and so are you,and to me the rest doesnt really matter.

99.99999% of cops are good people doing a mostly thankless job. I would like to see them weed out the bad ones on their own, but I'm always going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Nope. 80% of the cops are damned good pubic servants. 10% of them are criminals with a badge, and the other 10% are lazy louts who go along to get along. Pretty much like the general population.

Not going to argue over piddling amounts. My point remains.

Go suck a dick Doc.

You should quit while you're behind.

Why are you still posting in this thread if you "don't care"?

Your tantrum is just getting tiresome.

99.99999% of cops are good people doing a mostly thankless job. I would like to see them weed out the bad ones on their own, but I'm always going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Nope. 80% of the cops are damned good pubic servants. 10% of them are criminals with a badge, and the other 10% are lazy louts who go along to get along. Pretty much like the general population.

What point would that be?

Go suck a dick Doc.

Tantrum?
You addressed me in a dickhead manner and I responded in kind.
Go fuck yourself....

Go suck a dick Doc.

Tantrum?
Go fuck yourself....

Seriously, dude. Time to step away from the keyboard, you're just embarassing yourself.

That the vast majority of cops are good people. Having trouble reading today?

That the vast majority of cops are good people. Having trouble reading today?

How does your "point" relate to the topic of this thread?

A nurse in Utah was arrested because she would not take blood from an unconscious patient. Apparently the hospital policy only allows drawing of blood from unconscious patients if they have given consent, if the police have a warrant, or if the patient is under arrest. The body cam video of the incident seems to show the officer involved arresting the woman out of anger and frustration, rather than because she had violated any law.

The nurse was not charged. The officer was taken off of blood draw duty. Based just on the video (and obviously, there may be important information we don't get from this video) I would think the officer needs some sort of discipline. It appears to me to be an abuse of authority.

Nurse arrested for refusing to draw blood from unconscious patient
There've been a few threads on this, so I've been thinking about it.
The cop lost it. That's pretty clear. I'm not sure discipline is the most important thing here, though. He might need a vacation.
Anyone with a job that gets scary can attest to the fact that you deny it, to yourself and to everyone else. But the tension is still there. The shit you put up with and remain calm, cool and professional regardless. The fact that you might get shot every time a door opens on a call. Or you pull over a speeder. Or sit down for a cup of coffee. And then there's the really sad stuff. Dead kids in car accidents. The neighbor's kid is a fatal OD. A DV incident where someone dies before you can get there.
And you pretend you're strong and you can take it. Your body might tell you different--your mouth might go dry and your hand might shake just a bit, but you never let it show. Doesn't mean it isn't there. All of it.
Cops will tell you to go to hell and get out of their business for saying this, but maybe what this cop needs is a BREAK. Pressure can only build so long.

Go suck a dick Doc.

Tantrum?
Go fuck yourself....

Seriously, dude. Time to step away from the keyboard, you're just embarassing yourself.

I'd say it's the other way around.
You're trying to set my level of give a shit when I really dont care.

But I can sit around and Fuck with you because I've got at least three hours before the BBQ chicken is done and I'm bored.

Forum List

Back