Nurse arrested for following hospital policy

the law in UTAH is screwed up------if the attending Doc thinks there is a need to check blood chemistries-----
then the blood should be drawn

I'm guessing this is a DWI case and the cops got pissed because they couldnt collect evidence.

It's not. The facts of the case are known.

They've even been posted in this thread. But why bother reading, when you've got uninformed opinions to share?

Go suck a dick Doc.
To be honest I'm not all that interested in the case. The cop was a dick...end of story.
Got anything else negative to say fuk boi?

:lol:

Don't get all butthurt at me because you're too lazy to read the fucking thread, dumbass. It's not my fault that you're a fuckwit.

Noooo...it's just that I dont care.
The cop was a dick,and so are you,and to me the rest doesnt really matter.

Stop clogging threads with your retarded vomit!

A nurse in Utah was arrested because she would not take blood from an unconscious patient. Apparently the hospital policy only allows drawing of blood from unconscious patients if they have given consent, if the police have a warrant, or if the patient is under arrest. The body cam video of the incident seems to show the officer involved arresting the woman out of anger and frustration, rather than because she had violated any law.

The nurse was not charged. The officer was taken off of blood draw duty. Based just on the video (and obviously, there may be important information we don't get from this video) I would think the officer needs some sort of discipline. It appears to me to be an abuse of authority.

Nurse arrested for refusing to draw blood from unconscious patient
There've been a few threads on this, so I've been thinking about it.
The cop lost it. That's pretty clear. I'm not sure discipline is the most important thing here, though. He might need a vacation.
Anyone with a job that gets scary can attest to the fact that you deny it, to yourself and to everyone else. But the tension is still there. The shit you put up with and remain calm, cool and professional regardless. The fact that you might get shot every time a door opens on a call. Or you pull over a speeder. Or sit down for a cup of coffee. And then there's the really sad stuff. Dead kids in car accidents. The neighbor's kid is a fatal OD. A DV incident where someone dies before you can get there.
And you pretend you're strong and you can take it. Your body might tell you different--your mouth might go dry and your hand might shake just a bit, but you never let it show. Doesn't mean it isn't there. All of it.
Cops will tell you to go to hell and get out of their business for saying this, but maybe what this cop needs is a BREAK. Pressure can only build so long.

This cop deals with assholes every day. Of that there is no doubt. But his flagrant violation of the law, and his ethical code render him unfit to serve. He needs to be gone. And quickly.

I'm guessing this is a DWI case and the cops got pissed because they couldnt collect evidence.

They've even been posted in this thread. But why bother reading, when you've got uninformed opinions to share?

Go suck a dick Doc.
To be honest I'm not all that interested in the case. The cop was a dick...end of story.

Don't get all butthurt at me because you're too lazy to read the fucking thread, dumbass. It's not my fault that you're a fuckwit.

Stop clogging threads with your retarded vomit!

You can suck my.....

the law in UTAH is screwed up------if the attending Doc thinks there is a need to check blood chemistries-----
then the blood should be drawn

Go suck a dick Doc.

Re. Thread.

That seems to now be threads, drifter's thread is now in this thread.

A nurse in Utah was arrested because she would not take blood from an unconscious patient. Apparently the hospital policy only allows drawing of blood from unconscious patients if they have given consent, if the police have a warrant, or if the patient is under arrest. The body cam video of the incident seems to show the officer involved arresting the woman out of anger and frustration, rather than because she had violated any law.

The nurse was not charged. The officer was taken off of blood draw duty. Based just on the video (and obviously, there may be important information we don't get from this video) I would think the officer needs some sort of discipline. It appears to me to be an abuse of authority.

The cop lost it. That's pretty clear. I'm not sure discipline is the most important thing here, though. He might need a vacation.
Anyone with a job that gets scary can attest to the fact that you deny it, to yourself and to everyone else. But the tension is still there. The shit you put up with and remain calm, cool and professional regardless. The fact that you might get shot every time a door opens on a call. Or you pull over a speeder. Or sit down for a cup of coffee. And then there's the really sad stuff. Dead kids in car accidents. The neighbor's kid is a fatal OD. A DV incident where someone dies before you can get there.
And you pretend you're strong and you can take it. Your body might tell you different--your mouth might go dry and your hand might shake just a bit, but you never let it show. Doesn't mean it isn't there. All of it.
Cops will tell you to go to hell and get out of their business for saying this, but maybe what this cop needs is a BREAK. Pressure can only build so long.
The cop was not going down some back alley at two in the morning

He was in a hospital with a nurse calmly explaining what he is not permitted to do. If he had a problem, he should have gone to hospital management

He was in a hospital with a nurse calmly explaining what he is not permitted to do. If he had a problem, he should have gone to hospital management

Exactly...why arrest an employee who has nothing to do with policy or previously set rules and regulations?

Exactly...why arrest an employee who has nothing to do with policy or previously set rules and regulations?

From the footage the nurse was arrested because she would not violate a policy that she is supposed to uphold, that police officer is a POS, however that does not mean that he is the rule and not the exception.

Of COURSE he should have gone to management--or gotten a warrant--or waited 'til the patient woke up. That's my point. Anyone thinking rationally would have done exactly that. I'm sure he'd done it a few bazillion times before. So he snapped. Doesn't have to be a really fraught situation when you snap. Ask about DV among cops.
And yeah, it's too late for this one. You can't let a guy like that continue to have a job with that much authority, no matter what caused it.

From the footage the nurse was arrested because she would not violate a policy that she is supposed to uphold, that police officer is a POS, however that does not mean that he is the rule and not the exception.
Meanwhile the bad ones are killing people and beating nurses.

I've seen cops do some amazing stuff. Risk their lives to save another. Deescalate a snarky situation seemingly effortlessly with a calming chat. Remain half way polite to people screaming, kicking, biting and puking all over the back seat of their patrol cars. Drive toward danger through whatever shitty weather Mother Nature throws at them and just shrug at all of it. They are good people. The few who aren't shouldn't be examples for the rest.

Meanwhile the bad ones are killing people and beating nurses.

Which would be a tiny percentage as a whole and they should be dealt with, you cannot paint the majority who risk their lives on a daily basis 24/7, 365 days a year to ensure that entire communities are safe and can sleep peacefully in their beds at night.

To those who hate the police and would want to use this disgusting episode to bash the majority of the police:

upload_2017-9-1_23-40-18.png

You should quit while you're behind.

Why are you still posting in this thread if you "don't care"?

Your tantrum is just getting tiresome.

Tantrum?
You addressed me in a dickhead manner and I responded in kind.
Go fuck yourself....

Seriously, dude. Time to step away from the keyboard, you're just embarassing yourself.

I'd say it's the other way around.
You're trying to set my level of give a shit when I really dont care.

But I can sit around and Fuck with you because I've got at least three hours before the BBQ chicken is done and I'm bored.

Does your boss know you waste time while chicken is cooking. Get back to work change the fryer grease & mop the floor you stupid grunt!

Do you have anything constructive to add to this thread or are you just Trolling and posting personal attacks?

You should quit while you're behind.

Why are you still posting in this thread if you "don't care"?

Your tantrum is just getting tiresome.

Tantrum?
You addressed me in a dickhead manner and I responded in kind.
Go fuck yourself....

Seriously, dude. Time to step away from the keyboard, you're just embarassing yourself.

I'd say it's the other way around.
You're trying to set my level of give a shit when I really dont care.

But I can sit around and Fuck with you because I've got at least three hours before the BBQ chicken is done and I'm bored.

Does your boss know you waste time while chicken is cooking. Get back to work change the fryer grease & mop the floor you stupid grunt!

Do you have anything constructive to add to this thread or are you just Trolling and posting personal attacks?

You should re-read this thread, I think you might be somewhat enlightened as to who is "just trolling the thread" and who has added "constructive" posts.

99.99999% of cops are good people doing a mostly thankless job. I would like to see them weed out the bad ones on their own, but I'm always going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Nope. 80% of the cops are damned good pubic servants. 10% of them are criminals with a badge, and the other 10% are lazy louts who go along to get along. Pretty much like the general population.

Not going to argue over piddling amounts. My point remains.

What point would that be?

That the vast majority of cops are good people. Having trouble reading today?

How does your "point" relate to the topic of this thread?

Really. Having trouble reading today?

It counters the prevailing opinions of many people here and participants in this very thread.

The cop wanted a drug test from someone left in a coma after a collision. The evidence would disappear before a warrant can be obtained.

The nurse should have obeyed to cop. If the "search" was illegal, let a judge decide that later. You don't get to disobey police because of your policy. You don't get to disobey a cop because you think he's making a mistake.

Untrue. In a situation like that you can get an expedited warrant. The cop didn't want to actually do his job properly, so he tried to bully the nurse.

In one of the videos linked in here, one which is fairly long, it shows another officer speaking to the nurse after she had been put in the back of the car. That second officer mentions that if they had known the hospital had already drawn blood, they could have gotten a warrant. I don't know why he wouldn't have known, if that means the officers didn't ask, or the staff refused to say, or what.

Nope. 80% of the cops are damned good pubic servants. 10% of them are criminals with a badge, and the other 10% are lazy louts who go along to get along. Pretty much like the general population.

Not going to argue over piddling amounts. My point remains.

What point would that be?

That the vast majority of cops are good people. Having trouble reading today?

How does your "point" relate to the topic of this thread?

Really. Having trouble reading today?

It counters the prevailing opinions of many people here and participants in this very thread.

Who in this thread has expressed an opinion counter to your claim that "most police are good"?

Even more specifically, who expressed that opinion prior to your jumping to this cop's defense?

The cop wanted a drug test from someone left in a coma after a collision. The evidence would disappear before a warrant can be obtained.

The nurse should have obeyed to cop. If the "search" was illegal, let a judge decide that later. You don't get to disobey police because of your policy. You don't get to disobey a cop because you think he's making a mistake.

Untrue. In a situation like that you can get an expedited warrant. The cop didn't want to actually do his job properly, so he tried to bully the nurse.

In one of the videos linked in here, one which is fairly long, it shows another officer speaking to the nurse after she had been put in the back of the car. That second officer mentions that if they had known the hospital had already drawn blood, they could have gotten a warrant. I don't know why he wouldn't have known, if that means the officers didn't ask, or the staff refused to say, or what.

It's very clear that the officers were trying to cover their collective asses. The information that this driver was a victim, and was injured as the result of a police chase, a chase that resulted in the death of another innocent person, tells me that they wanted to get as much shit, on as many people as they possibly could, to try and mitigate their culpability in the lawsuits to come.

This particular officer is an asshole. He is one of that 10% who are criminals with a badge. That is as plain as day to anyone who has been around cops a lot, as I have. He wanted his way and this nurse wasn't going to thwart him. Oh no, no, no.

If I were the local DA I would be going through his arrest record with a fine tooth comb because I guarantee you he has bad arrests in amongst them.

Forum List

Back