NVDA is now at $108

Oops, sorry….i was getting the incorrect posters mixed up. It was Otto who said that.

YOU said NVDA is garbage paper, and that is where you are wrong. Clearly, you do not believe in long-term stock investing, but over time, it’s the best option - about 10% or 11% a year over a period of 30 years. You just have to hold in during the down points, and buy in at the drops - particularly big drops.

I myself got into the stock market as a young adult in 1987 a week after the crash, and bought Fidelity Magellan. Made 40% the first year. Also bought some beaten-down stocks in the 2008/09 financial crisis, and was able to retire early as a result.

I would be happy to educate you further if you’d like.

No different than shooting craps, except the odds are better at craps. Comparing gambling on garbage paper to opening a real business is what is stupid; all you're doing betting on stock prices is gambling hoping to get something for nothing while providing nothing. You know exactly squat about Nvidia or any other paper you gamble on. You just read tout sheets from the bookies to make yourself feel 'informed n stuff'.

In fact, making such bets sucks capital away from real business.
Again, you are totally mistaken. You are taking a short-term view, and I suspect you’re under 40.

Your best return, over time, is a well-diversified stock portfolio with good companies.

If it was worth anything nobody would be selling it.
No. All that means is that SOME people think it isn’t worth its current price. It’s hardly worth nothing.

At the same time, people with a long view knew that NVDA was a good buy when it dropped below $110. That’s why more people were buying, and the price went up.

Picaro

You are giving me the “laughing” icon - but in the meantime, I am the one who has looked at the stock market as a long-range investment vehicle, have bought in after big dips, and retired ahead of time with a very high net worth.

You post “funny” icons - and I am the one laughing all the way to the bank!

Picaro

You are giving me the “laughing” icon - but in the meantime, I am the one who has looked at the stock market as a long-range investment vehicle, have bought in after big dips, and retired ahead of time with a very high net worth.

You post “funny” icons - and I am the one laughing all the way to the bank!

You're one of those who would be starving to death if it weren't for loos bankruptcy laws and umpteen bank and stock market bailouts and corporate welfare trillions, is all. Most right wingers just like to bullshit everybody about how great they're doing 'investing'. That's because most of them can't run a real business and make any money.

Unless you're auditing a company's book every month you have zero idea if they're 'good companies'
or not, you're just, you know, MAKING BETS. I bet you've never been near an Nvidia plant, much less ever saw the inside of one. For all you know they have no plants at all. lol

Just throw out 'AI N Stuff!!!' and herds of idiots will be fighting over your IP shares.

No different than shooting craps, except the odds are better at craps. Comparing gambling on garbage paper to opening a real business is what is stupid; all you're doing betting on stock prices is gambling hoping to get something for nothing while providing nothing. You know exactly squat about Nvidia or any other paper you gamble on. You just read tout sheets from the bookies to make yourself feel 'informed n stuff'.

In fact, making such bets sucks capital away from real business.
Ahh your one of those posters

Oops, sorry….i was getting the incorrect posters mixed up. It was Otto who said that.

YOU said NVDA is garbage paper, and that is where you are wrong. Clearly, you do not believe in long-term stock investing, but over time, it’s the best option - about 10% or 11% a year over a period of 30 years. You just have to hold in during the down points, and buy in at the drops - particularly big drops.

I myself got into the stock market as a young adult in 1987 a week after the crash, and bought Fidelity Magellan. Made 40% the first year. Also bought some beaten-down stocks in the 2008/09 financial crisis, and was able to retire early as a result.

I would be happy to educate you further if you’d like.
It’s not worth the time

Yes, you would lose, as usual.
The problem was out of nowhere you came into the thread with negativity and kind of a hostile attitude. I just don’t get it but whatever buddy.

1726784940665.png

I would steer clear of the market now, I just buy treasuries every 4 weeks.

I would think that Cryptos would be a safer gamble than stocks.

Depends on your time horizon. I wouldn’t necessarily buy in at these highs, but if there’s a dip, and you can hold for 10 years, it’s still a smart move.

“To sit there and hope that you buy them in the throes of some panic, that you would take the attitude of a mortician waiting for a flu epidemic, I’m not sure that will be a great technique,” he said.

Here’s why Buffett believes waiting for the market to crash is a futile strategy.

Don’t wait for accidental success

Buffett explained that finding a good, investment-worthy business can be tricky enough. But to find such a business at precisely the right time, while you have plenty of cash and the market is down, is “too much to count on.”

Forum List

Back